Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus and Bounty Rewards

Ecliptix

I noticed that in a recent update the bounty reward probabilities were changed and its hard not to notice with out reading.

Lens blue prints are pretty rare again which is sorta fine. I did 32 tier 5 bounties though and got 1 which is kinda harsh on a more casual player as that is technically 64 drop chances. Even at roughly 12-15 minutes per bounty per run its 8 hours for a single blueprint. Unless they are intended to be that rare.

This is my suggestion: 

50-100 Breath of Eidolon + 100k credits can be traded in at one of the vendors for an Eidolon Lens Blueprint or;

25-50 Breath of Eidolon + 10-20 Wisps + 100k credits can be traded in for Eidolon Lens Blueprint

Something of this nature. For veteran players Eidolon Lens Blueprints are the only desirable reward really. Would need to be looked at what the right ratio would be but it can be frustrating with how many breath and really everything we get other than the lens blueprints. Just an idea.

Part of the over all issue is that we cant remove and retain greater lenses to remake them into eidolon lenses so when we get a refund with the upcoming focus changes and lenses get refunded back to us some may hesitate to want to use them in all their items again unless they are made into eidolon first. Maybe it is just me that is thinking that way. I do realize that greater lenses are probably a moderate platinum sink so I get it, platinum does have to come out of the system somewhere regularly. 2 cents is all. : )

3 hours ago, Ecliptix said:

For veteran players Eidolon Lens Blueprints are the only desirable reward really

From my perspective (vet player): I would much rather have the breaths than the Eidolon lens. I do not think it is worth using currently. For every 1000 focus you get with a greater lens, you would get an extra 5 with an Eidolon lens. (I could have calculated that wrong, it’s late)

• they may have more use once the focus rework is out.

22 minutes ago, Callback said:

Rare set mods are NOT fine at 2%.  Buff those to 7.

Other bounty tiers have more items in them. I do not know if they can buff it to 7. I do not think they want to remove the filler trash, so I guess we have to deal with 2% chance.

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Other bounty tiers have more items in them. I do not know if they can buff it to 7. I do not think they want to remove the filler trash, so I guess we have to deal with 2% chance.

They can borrow a few % out of the common pool.  It's completely workable.  We don't need a 73% chance of common.

Hell, take the 3 non-lens common options down even from 19 to 18%, make the mod 5%.  Still a hell of a lot better than 2.  Taking them to 17 for 8% rare would be ideal.

Edited by Callback

5 minutes ago, Callback said:

Taking them to 17 for 8% rare would be ideal.

The problem: uncommon parts have 7% chance (at least the Gara ones). Your suggestion makes the rare prize not the least common. You have to reallocate more.

Easiest solution: remove some of the filler prizes. Increase the drop chance of the useful ones. I mean, this would make bounties more rewarding for people. 

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The problem: uncommon parts have 7% chance (at least the Gara ones). Your suggestion makes the rare prize not the least common. You have to reallocate more.

Easiest solution: remove some of the filler prizes. Increase the drop chance of the useful ones. I mean, this would make bounties more rewarding for people. 

But you get rolls for uncommon in all stages 2+.  Rare you only get 1-2 rolls per bounty.

So no, you will still get quite a bit more uncommon than rare.  Also uncommon are 8+% so even if you ONLY count stages with rares you would get at most the same amount of each.

Tier 1 and 2 are weird, considering the "rare" reward is worthless, and that's the only tier where you see 7.52-7.37% on gara parts.  Which is fine since once you have the part you generally never run those tiers again.

Edited by Callback

3 minutes ago, Callback said:

Also uncommon are 8% so even if you ONLY count stages with rares you would get at most the same amount of each.

Ah yes, so it is: 8-9% drop rate. I had not looked at the chances on the new system. 

I have had odd luck with this system - I got the rare mods in one-two runs. So I may not understand the issue.

I do think the drop chances need to be refined a bit more. I do not know the best way to do it. But I think it needs to maintain a feeling that the rare rewards are rare. Yes, a 2% chance is too low, but only being 1-2% lower than uncommon would be too common. Because the difference is too close. But hey, it is DE’sjob to work out the logistics.

My main issue (and why I do not do) bounties is that they feel completely unrewarding. This is mostly because the common rewards are terrible, and too common. It is not because of the rare mod rarity.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Ah yes, so it is: 8-9% drop rate. I had not looked at the chances on the new system. 

I have had odd luck with this system - I got the rare mods in one-two runs. So I may not understand the issue.

I do think the drop chances need to be refined a bit more. I do not know the best way to do it. But I think it needs to maintain a feeling that the rare rewards are rare. Yes, a 2% chance is too low, but only being 1-2% lower than uncommon would be too common. Because the difference is too close. But hey, it is DE’sjob to work out the logistics.

My main issue (and why I do not do) bounties is that they feel completely unrewarding. This is mostly because the common rewards are terrible, and too common. It is not because of the rare mod rarity.

Being 1-2% lower than uncommon does NOT make it too common.

You seem not to understand the new system.  I'll round for simplicity.

Say you do a tier 4 bounty.

Stage 1:  26% each for common mod/endo/relic, 11% each for lenses.

Stage 2-3: >19% each for common mod/endo/relic, >9% wisp, >8% lenses/uncommon mods.

Stages 4-5: 19% each for common/endo/relic, 9% wisp, 8% lenses/uncommon, 2% rare.

I'm saying to change the stage 4-5 to be 17% common/endo/relic, 9% wisp, 8% lenses/uncommons, and 8% rare.

You get twice as many rolls which CAN include the uncommon, so it's much easier to get. 

It's actually worse in tier 3 since you get 3 rolls that can include uncommon but only 1 that can include rare.

And you can see lenses are the same odds as uncommon rewards, but are in the common pool meaning you will get more of them than uncommons, but they don't forcibly dilute the uncommon pools.

T5 bounties already do this, with 8% chances on furax/stance and 7% on eido lens, while the uncommon kuva is also at 7%.

9 minutes ago, Callback said:

You seem not to understand the new system.  I'll round for simplicity.

I was just ignoring the fact you can get multiple rolls. I am more looking at it from the rolls where you can get rare. If you feel the need to increase the drop rate to compensate for it only being available on 1/2 drops, you have done something wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Callback said:

T5 bounties already do this, with 8% chances on furax/stance and 7% on eido lens, while the uncommon kuva is also at 7%.

This happens, but it is illogical. The drop chances in the T5 round 4/5 pools do not really have a rare item, in the sense that it is the least likely to drop. In the sense that you cannot get it in other rounds, sure. To me, a rare item is the least likely to drop, when available. 

12 minutes ago, Callback said:

I'm saying to change the stage 4-5 to be 17% common/endo/relic, 9% wisp, 8% lenses/uncommons, and 8% rare.

I absolutely think the current rare drop rate is too low, I am not disagreeing with you on this. I just think a little more needs to be changed. I would rather reduce the common slightly more, with an increase to uncommons as well. But just for the pools where the rare drops.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I was just ignoring the fact you can get multiple rolls. I am more looking at it from the rolls where you can get rare. If you feel the need to increase the drop rate to compensate for it only being available on 1/2 drops, you have done something wrong. 

This happens, but it is illogical. The drop chances in the T5 round 4/5 pools do not really have a rare item, in the sense that it is the least likely to drop. In the sense that you cannot get it in other rounds, sure. To me, a rare item is the least likely to drop, when available. 

I absolutely think the current rare drop rate is too low, I am not disagreeing with you on this. I just think a little more needs to be changed. I would rather reduce the common slightly more, with an increase to uncommons as well. But just for the pools where the rare drops.

If all you're saying is you want to scale common down further and give uncommon a buff in the final pool, then I can agree with you on that.

3 minutes ago, Callback said:

If all you're saying is you want to scale common down further and give uncommon a buff in the final pool, then I can agree with you on that.

That is the essence of it, yes. Because we can get common rewards from round one, I sure do not want to get them in round 4 and 5. 

Exception: Breaths of the Eidolon, these are only available in bounties.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and a friend have been running the bounties for the past weeks on end and i still couldn't get our hands on:

Augur Seeker
Augur Secrets
Vigilante Offense
Gladiator Vice

i've literally accumulated over a hundred gara helmets blueprint and over 50 or so of each lens. this is seriously ridiculous! 

Well... And I thought I'm the only one with this "RNG-Luck".

Since I try to get Gladiator Vice & Vigilante Supplies almost since 4/5~ hours and still didn't got it, I'm literally sick of the Plains, I can't even enjoy it anymore.

Also it feels like a pointless grind with this rewards, the only thing I'd might need are the Lenses, but even these are unnecessary for me...

I just hope that there will be might some Changes in terms of the Drop-Table or even the Drop-Chances.