Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VoidPunch's Workshop - Mutalist Saryn WIP

VoidPunch

Figured I'd go ahead and make a workshop thread now that I have time to actually work on Tennogen stuff more regularly. It also beats having a thread for each thing I post.

The reworked Nova skin is now live!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1227947696

Wawrqph.jpg

Currently working on a Mutalist (Corpus Infested hybrid) Saryn skin.

Edited by VoidPunch
Profectus is latin for progress, profit, growth

I'm going to actually postpone the Octavia at the moment (I'm not abandoning it) since I started working on the Nova skin that I liked the design of more. I had this idea to really take advantage of the asymmetry her UVs can allow. Here is a WIP shot of a Corpus half proxy skin for nova!

dUCwaem.jpg

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

I see what you're doing but toggled prime parts may completely overlap that section of her chest.

Yea. But that is exactly why there is a toggle. I'm not designing any of my skins with the prime in mind aside from having metallics in the 4th channel.

4 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Was this inspired by the Valkyr Gemini skin?

No, I was using Zanuka as inspiration for the proxy parts. I guess the combination Nova's signature big forehead and the Zanuka's color combined look very much like Gersemi, huh.... I totally see the similarities now though. Must have been subconscious influence.

15 hours ago, VoidPunch said:

No, I was using Zanuka as inspiration for the proxy parts. I guess the combination Nova's signature big forehead and the Zanuka's color combined look very much like Gersemi, huh.... I totally see the similarities now though. Must have been subconscious influence.

Well if we tthink about the fact that Gersmi's parts were used to create zanuka then it makes some sense.

With all of the Graxx skins dominating the Tennogen market (and believe me, that is not a complaint by any means, I adore every single one of those skins), I am very happy to see more corpus skins popping up here and there; their themes are less-explored as far as Warframe skins and such go since the general shapes of many of them are so fluid and organic as opposed to the very technologically rigid nature of Corpus themes and stylization. That said, having this Nova skin be part proxy-themed is a VERY good idea, and I greatly encourage yourself and other creators to do the same, since the Proxies -- as a general rule, sans Bursas -- while still Corpus-made, are very organic-looking despite their robotic nature.

11 hours ago, Slug said:

With all of the Graxx skins dominating the Tennogen market (and believe me, that is not a complaint by any means, I adore every single one of those skins), I am very happy to see more corpus skins popping up here and there; their themes are less-explored as far as Warframe skins and such go since the general shapes of many of them are so fluid and organic as opposed to the very technologically rigid nature of Corpus themes and stylization. That said, having this Nova skin be part proxy-themed is a VERY good idea, and I greatly encourage yourself and other creators to do the same, since the Proxies -- as a general rule, sans Bursas -- while still Corpus-made, are very organic-looking despite their robotic nature.

Have to agree, I love the Graxx skins, I own a syandana and at least 1 skin but I think the 'problem' if you could even call it that is there is a lack of other themes such as Corpus. I just wonder if with there being one "dedicated" Graxx guy it won't throw off others from making Grineer skins.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Have to agree, I love the Graxx skins, I own a syandana and at least 1 skin but I think the 'problem' if you could even call it that is there is a lack of other themes such as Corpus. I just wonder if with there being one "dedicated" Graxx guy it won't throw off others from making Grineer skins.

I was thinking of doing some grineer themed skins, but faven is just so prolific with his work. Not too mention the quality of his work. But honestly, he has the grineer theme down, but I wouldn't be opposed to making grineer stuff, esp weapons and syandanas. On the other hand, I don't care much for any of the Corpus skin attempts on here. It's a taste thing mainly, some of the skins are well made, but I don't like the direction they are going with (mainly forcing hard surfaces onto organic models). So I decided I'll make my own that I like. I think I might go ahead make a line of these proxy skins if the reception is good.

This design looks really good, I think it could maybe use some more detail in some places though, mostly on the helmet and zanuka plating.

Something like this I guess:

sZ90kQp.jpg

And some of the clothing looks a little too shiny compared to crewmen uniforms

Other than that it looks really solid, I hope it gets in!

16 hours ago, Thecake64 said:

This design looks really good, I think it could maybe use some more detail in some places though, mostly on the helmet and zanuka plating.

Something like this I guess:

- pic -

And some of the clothing looks a little too shiny compared to crewmen uniforms

Other than that it looks really solid, I hope it gets in!

Some good feedback. Also getting some good feedback on Steam too, which is great. I'm definitely going to keep chipping away at the skin for sure!

I really like the skin but it need some tweak to better fit corpus.

First, how Thecake64 said, you need deeper separation between each parts of the proxy arm. About shape, I have almost nothing to do, the previous picture describe well what I think. Just try to add more mechanical details on the black part to contrast between technology and organic like it currently is on Corpus Proxy.

About the material of the said arm, it's too bright compared to existing Corpus machines and the blue should be break in 2 different materials to fit Corpus proxies. To create this effect with the color, you can make the diffuse and tint map darker on the area to make it a bit more gray and dark along changing the rougthness and metalness to give nice effect.

For the body, the sculpt is nice, but the textures need some realistic details such as shadow and metallic/rougth variations on folds and stain on the cloth.

You can also tweak the the color schem for a more corpus look (black to dark grey blue and white to light green, for example) but it's not really a necessity.