Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VoidPunch's Workshop - Mutalist Saryn WIP

VoidPunch

don't make that arm metallic. zanuka isn't metallic the helmet needs some more pazass it just feels a bit plain? and like most ppl are saying on steam looks like a beer drinking hat.

make her sharp yet ravenous like a... business person? btw make sure to embrace the turtle neck!

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

The holiday season has really been eating up my free time that I have to work on Tennogen, so I haven't been able to work on stuff as much as I'd like to. However, Nova is coming along, I reworked the helmet a bit and I'm starting the low poly again:

gf9lP4f.jpg

Here is the next skin concept, ( The Corpus Mesa skin that I mentioned a couple times on Steam) this is just a paint over of what I have blocked out in Zbrush:

vgjsMTT.jpg

On 12/25/2017 at 12:53 AM, VoidPunch said:

is the next skin concept, ( The Corpus Mesa skin that I mentioned a couple times on Steam) this is just a paint over of what I have blocked out in Zbrush:

vgjsMTT.jpg

That mesa skin is like woooooaaaah hot mama

16 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Gah! I promised myself I'll only ever buy one Tennogen skin for each frame but that concept alone might give Mesa Graxx a run for its money

And right im gonna have to decide which get the A slot and what gets the B decisions decisions

On 12/24/2017 at 6:53 AM, VoidPunch said:

Here is the next skin concept, ( The Corpus Mesa skin that I mentioned a couple times on Steam) this is just a paint over of what I have blocked out in Zbrush:

vgjsMTT.jpg

Oh. Oh my god. Yes, please, take all my money already. I love the detail of the logos on the sleeves and hood.

On 25/12/2017 at 11:41 AM, Zahnny said:

Gah! I promised myself I'll only ever buy one Tennogen skin for each frame but that concept alone might give Mesa Graxx a run for its money.

Impossible with the amount of decent stuff that comes out.

I know it's hard with only three appearance configs but it's worth it.

On 11/25/2017 at 12:45 PM, VoidPunch said:

Figured I'd go ahead and make a workshop thread now that I have time to actually work on Tennogen stuff more regularly. It also beats having a thread for each thing I post.

Nova skin is now on steam! (Currently being reworked)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1227947696

7qUBlXU.jpg

Corpus Mesa and finishing of the Cetus Cape are next.... a full Nidus skin might be after

The blue parts remind me of this:

latest?cb=20130716194937

But maybe that's just me. Everything else looks nice.

The Mesa concept looks cool. Almost Star Wars-ish. 

Edited by VoidWraith

WIP update on the new textures. I added more grunge and wear. I couldn't figure out what material the corpus proxy units are made of so I went with a painted metal look, so it's no longer metal or shiny.

Having some trouble figuring out what I want the color channels to be. There are four major color groups plus the metal bits. 

67UlzPK.jpg

Edited by VoidPunch

I really love the reworked Nova, it's a real improvement.

The only complain I have is the torso fabric, being too bright (I don't know if it's supposed to look like that) and the helmet that look a bit wide on the face part. It's a bit hard to explain, so just drawn over your screenshot.
1514566467-dsqdsqdsq.png

22 hours ago, VoidPunch said:

Dude nice job on mesa hood style,can you create more frame in that direction????? Please 😊👍 and we can have for Excal,Ash,Loki,Frost and much more in that cool looking hood design... please please please 😀🙏 you will become ultra special and cool artist if you create that style in 2 the game.

Edited by Vlada91

5 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Dude nice job on mesa hood style,can you create more frame in that direction????? Please 😊👍 and we can have for Excal,Ash,Loki,Frost and much more in that cool looking hood design... please please please 😀🙏 you will become ultra special and cool artist if you create that style in 2 the game.

I added the hood to Mesa because it fit her aesthetic, it makes sense since she is already wearing a jacket/coat. I don't think it would work as well on any other frames really.

1 hour ago, VoidPunch said:

I added the hood to Mesa because it fit her aesthetic, it makes sense since she is already wearing a jacket/coat. I don't think it would work as well on any other frames really.

zRrWvVG.jpg

Spoiler

a15e7bd2ce7f82a1b186f3b87828c783.png

in this art and body type can have and not have hood bud in the end looks good with that....same can become with excal....

why not?just some different body skin to look good for that and that it :D

or

Spoiler

14d2a9af793b161e362365121498.jpg

Edited by Vlada91

The new nova skin is finally up on steam! It took much longer than expected due to holidays. Also figuring out that I didn't know how PBR textures actually worked and having to learn how that process worked too a bit of time. (That's why everything was slightly more shiny/metallic looking on the previous skin)

The colors on the Sketchfab model are off but it's not that big of a deal since it's a different renderer.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:44 PM, VoidPunch said:

The new nova skin is finally up on steam! It took much longer than expected due to holidays. Also figuring out that I didn't know how PBR textures actually worked and having to learn how that process worked too a bit of time. (That's why everything was slightly more shiny/metallic looking on the previous skin)

The colors on the Sketchfab model are off but it's not that big of a deal since it's a different renderer.

Very nice, loving the update, looking really solid. This is definitely getting my vote.

Just now, VoidPunch said:

Started working on a Mutalist Saryn skin. I'm going to stop saying what I will work on next since I seem to never stick to it.

yRBH2Vl.jpg

i love body skin and detail with hands o0o yeah,but i think that we don't need 1 more hairstyle with that helmet....so maybe you can create something different...its just my opinion and that is all :)