The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meele Frame

(PSN)LND_Trippzad

Question

Hi guys, ive got a qustion. Ive builded the Orthos Prime with the Maiming Strike build for affinity / focus farm with Equinox.

Well im not 24/7 farming but the Red Crits are really fun and im enjoying Playing Meele.

So the question is, what frames would be good with that Build?

I thougt about Mirage but Mirage is a Frame i dont like to play that mutch, my secondary Choice was Wukong and im building it allready. What do u guys Recommend to play with Orthos Slide dmg Build? What do you like to play?

Thx allready

23 answers to this question

Volt's Speed pairs nicely with Melee, as another Frame, Oberon as he can be built with Phoenix Renewal, Hunter's Adrenaline and Rage can also pair nicely.

If you have a means to heal, Excal and Chroma can also work,  just have to change up a but the higher you go, as you need to manage getting hit close in, So Excal's Blind can help a lot. Inaros for the fact that he can heal in different ways with Melee and has just enough CC is another I use myself.

Saryn is another one with Toxic Lash, but I don't use her as much as prolly should.

Valkyr's war cry speed up melee speed.
Volt's speed increases melee speed.

If you are really keen on prolonged melee, possibly channeling, you can try using Blessing Trinity.
extended duration for Link can make the damage negation kind of tough like valkyr, but the benefit is EV bringing in energy to do channeling melee.
Not to mention the healing aspect that will solve the issue of getting damaged.

This is if you have a berserker build weapon if you are soloing
I once used berserker build I tried in a squad with Valkyr, Volt and Trinity the channeled attack is kind of close to a blender.
with EV energy for channeling, War Cry + Speed for melee and triggering berserker.

I use pretty much any warframe with my maiming strike builds and guandao slide crit+range riven build

Valkyr if you want tankyness + attack speed buff

Volt if you want speed + attack speed buff

Rhino if you want tankyness + dmg buff

Chroma if you want tankyness + dmg buff

Ember if you want CC + aoe dmg

Inaros is a good choice too.

You can face tank a LOT with 5k health,and you have multiple ways to heal yourself,mainly through performing melee finishers.Melee only survivals are easy with inaros and not having to always worry about your health is a nice thing for melee frames,as you can spend time chopping enemeis down than just focusing on your health a lot.

I saw a review of Wukong suggesting it was a good melee frame, with an effective immortality mode - not sure if this still applies as the review (by Mogamu I think) was quite old. I'm curious how it is now - one thing I didn't like was the visuals for ability 4 which reminded me of something from a loony toons cartoon.

equinox sleep build for affinity farming

valkyr warcy built for fighting infesrted

rhino jsut being rhino

ember earthquake built with melee that has condition overload ( works well in alte game jsut dont fight corpus )

ASh covert lethality built

loki just hack and slash while being invi

And now for something completely different.

(Just a quick run recorded on a laptop last night.  No editing and low quality, but the first 40 seconds are enough.)

I switch to a Mios when I want to take advantage of Healing Return with an Atlas or the like.  With hamster-ball-of-doom Nyx you can just enjoy the big pretty numbers (you get procs with the stance, but things die too fast to heal from)

Warframe has lots of good melee frames :)

Edited by FreeWilliam

For melee, there are a lot of possibilities depending on you play styles.
The ones I advices are mainly Valkyr, Saryn and Inaros, all for differents purposes.

• Valkyr's warcry increase your attack speed by a lot, letting you comfortably use low attack speed weapons or just use more efficently those that already have attack speed.
    Her 3rd power with augment is a really great crowd control and allow to stack enemies to make full benefit from gas status or ground finishers.
    Her high armor also help, but isn't the main benefit I see.

• Saryn's spores allow to damages far enemies efficiently with melee attack and scale with your weapon damages if you use toxin/gas additionnally to the 100% viral status chance.
    Her 3rd power also give you innate toxin (stacking with first power) and with the syndicate mod, it can also be a crowd control abilities if you kill enemies near to doors.
    The innate toxin and viral from her powers is also really beneficial if you use Condition Overload.

• Inaros high health and ability to heal from finisher give an impressive survivability and the use of Rage over it give you a lot of energy and allow for a channeling build.
    The blind let you benefit from the x8 stealth buff and let you heal, improving even more the survivability.

I'm very suprised nobody mentions Nidus?

Very good tank, good gap closing ability (his 2 brings the enemies to you instead of you to enemies) and he is very flexible to build so you can get away with using 2 gladiator mods (to boost crit) or if you want to go crazy, fit hunter adrenaline + rage for 85% energy generation when his health takes a hit. This allows you to channel your weapon constantly, all the time, never stop

Personally, I think the order of importance is...

1) Weapon Stance

2) Weapon

3) Frame

With the synergy between the three being key in some cases (Hamsterball Nyx does well with stances that provide mobility and doesn't need to worry about Life Strike or Healing Return), but in the end, the stance is my big priority (and that stance slot is the first one to get Formaed!)

As people have pointed out, LOTS of frames that don't seem tanky can do just fine in melee.  

The only other thing I'd add is that if you're diving into the fray a lot then you CAN avoid nullifiers and such, but that just slows you down and you're better off either swapping to something ranged to take them out (making mods like Streamlined Form surprisingly useful, otherwise it's easy to get hung up 'half' in your stance), not loading a secondary and using a primary with a 'throw away' alt-fire like the Javlok (when you throw it you're back in your stance automatically), or focusing more on what survives being nullified (Health Conversion 450 armor polygons) and how easy it is to bring your defenses back up.

Melee's pretty nuanced in Warframe.  Also: fun!

- With Limbo, status procs stay up as long as stasis is up...and you can get 1-3k%+ melee damage boosts from rift torrent. He's an awesome melee frame.

- Ivara gets stealth multipliers and headshot damage bonuses...which is amazing if you run with the Glaive as melee weapon. Dual-weild with a Zakti and use condition overload for some siiiiiiick damage.

- Seeking Shuriken Ash (stripping armor) and most viral/slash weapons like the Lesion will make enemies melt in no time. 

Those are at least my 3 favorite melee frames. 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, Kagee said:

You can melee with several Frames.

Not mentioned here:
Banshee - Silence-Build
Ivara - Perma-Invis

I mostly play Valkyr, Ash & Ivara

13 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

- Ivara gets stealth multipliers and headshot damage bonuses...which is amazing if you run with the Glaive as melee weapon. Dual-weild with a Zakti and use condition overload for some siiiiiiick damage.

FINALLY!! Some people that realize you can do awesome, badass melee with Ivara.  Slap Healing Return on a status ready melee and constantly heal (if needed) while killing in Prowl.  

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hey, if MagPrime can search out Mag topics, I can do the same for Ivara.  hehehe.  

I'd probably do the same thing if I wasn't such an alt-aholic.  Every day I'm a 'Mostly Nyx and also kind of Atlas and also [insert discovery of the day]' main, I just don't have your dedication!

(Frame of the day is Prolonged Paralysis Quick Thinking All the Rage Valkyr with Vulcan Blitz) :)

Every single frame can be useful with melee, EVERY frame.

Ash for increased slash proc damage, endless finishers and stealth, Atlas for landslide and cc, Banshee for unlimited finishers and super damage, Chroma for tankiness and huge damage buff,  Ember for mass proc stacking with Condition Overload, cc and  fire damage boost, Equinox for endless finishers, stealth and cc, Excalibur for exalted blade, endless finishers and stealth,  Frost for CC and status duration prolonging, Gara for endless finishers and cc, Harrow for crit buff, attack speed buff, and cc, Hydroid for gathering enemies and stealth, Inaros for endless finishers, health regen and stealth, Ivara for endless finishers, stealth, and massive damage buff with thrown melee, Limbo for CC, massive damage buff and status duration prolonging, Loki for cc and stealth, Mag for enemy grouping and cc, Mesa for.....Zoro Fashion Frame?, Mirage for stealth and massive damage buff, Nekros for tankiness and slicing up enemies to double loot on desecrate, Nezha for maiming strike slide distance, Nidus for tankiness and group gathering, Nova for cc, double damage, and status duration prolonging, Nyx for cc, tankiness, and melee combo movement speed

I can go on all day but I'm tired. Seriously the only frame here without a serious melee use is mesa, who honestly doesn't need it.

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

FINALLY!! Some people that realize you can do awesome, badass melee with Ivara.  Slap Healing Return on a status ready melee and constantly heal (if needed) while killing in Prowl.  

I had a Riven-Challenge:

30+ Exterminate, no detection, extinguished key
Ivara & Karyst did the job. (-;

On 11/30/2017 at 4:14 AM, DatDarkOne said:

She's so versatile :)

Sadly found out the whole Zakti & Glaive thing doesn't work with Equinox's clone. That thing is simply too derpy for it or any other melee really. 

Am 26.11.2017 um 16:16 schrieb (PS4)xXDokingXx:

Valkyr is awesome i also main her. Does Maiming Strike still prox with histerya?

Nope but valkyr isn's relyant on hysteria. That ability in fact lacks behind others in the current state of the game. Same goes for wukong btw.. his staff with nothing but drifting contact is pretty solid but you won't be able to use maiming strike.

Anyways, what valkyr has is warcry, eternal war and pretty good stats, what allows her to go full strength and Stats, what gives her insane speed and survivability.

My personal recommendations are excalibur or ash tho. Excals slash dash augument rewards you combo fairly easy and blinding gives you the stealth multiplier. Ash generates combo from bladestorming too, has stealth by himself and he's able to disable Armor completely. Those two prolly have the best damage amps for this playstyle.