The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should D.E Release Prime Armor Sets for free?

Panther

If they released them for free, 75% of the playerbase would get extremely furious since they were promised EXCLUSIVE armor sets that only they could get if they paid for it. So it would be a terrible idea, as fun as it would be for fashionframers.

10 minutes ago, MidoriFuse said:

Prime accesories should be 100% obtainable
for 250plat each set
that still cost $$$ but f2p ppl can grind theyr &#! to get them thru trade

What?

250p is about £10 when you don't have a discount. £2.50 if you get a 75% off.

You want people to be able to buy Prime Armour sets for £2.50 when others spent £32? Hilarious.

1 hour ago, EmilotMargus said:

If they released them for free, 75% of the playerbase would get extremely furious since they were promised EXCLUSIVE armor sets that only they could get if they paid for it. So it would be a terrible idea, as fun as it would be for fashionframers.

^^ This all day long, Ive personally never gotten a PA but may someday but everything from PA can be got from grind except acc., without having them as an incentive/exclusive there would be zero reason for anyone to ever buy PA unless it was specifically to give DE some monies (and this totally ignores that fact of how many people over the years that have bought PA and would be kinda salty and rightfully so)

With that being said id be all for baro to have maybe something like a unique Lotus themed Prime armor set just the 1 but even that idea turns iffy fast cause then it again would go to why ever buy PA, i can just wait for baro (not to mention it sounds like something we'd get from an anniversary gift and not baro) edit cause i totally forgot baro can have the eos prime armor set already

Edited by Tokens210

1 hour ago, Panther_Gaming said:

Everybody wants to have fashion in warframe, Dont act you dont, But for some reason, You have to pay to have  s w a g.

Yes 75 plat for a color palette is ok, But $50 for an armor set? come on d.e.

the Targis prime is so cool 

I'm sry but that's how DE earn money I was like u didn't have money really want to get money for nekros accessory (didn't get it unfortunately)

but now I can pay now the only option is to safe up soo u can buy it if u want it badly 

I mean they technically already have....baro has had primed accessories before and a prime set was given away via twitch promo.

As far as concerning the ones that where available via prime access, I don't think they should. I think it's a fair way of them making a profit w/o sacrificing game play *cough* EA *cough*.

Also don't forget you also get 90 day boosters as well, 

Edited by nickelshark

1 hour ago, MidoriFuse said:

Prime accesories should be 100% obtainable
for 250plat each set
that still cost $$$ but f2p ppl can grind theyr &#! to get them thru trade

52 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What?

250p is about £10 when you don't have a discount. £2.50 if you get a 75% off.

You want people to be able to buy Prime Armour sets for £2.50 when others spent £32? Hilarious.

What monkey said.

25 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

What monkey said.

What monkey said does not hold relevance,I can say 2000platinum or 20k plat. 250 was ofcourse example.

You should focus on OP point and that was yes it should be obtainable,Why should spending 100$ of platinum in value not be able to buy 30$ worth of items from some package? Money are made,devs are happy,players are happy.

It should not be calculated with discounts tho,discount does not exist if it does not discount something right?
It is why we call it discount in first place because you get something at discount price (cheaper) or at least get the impression of it.

I'm not okay with PA armour being exclusive because I can't get my friends to play as they say cosmetics play an important part hence, p2w.

Warframe always diverted this by having a good trade system and tradable premium currency.

The better way to do would be making prime access armour salvagable and sold in trade. Or make them into blue prints that are from baro or accessory relics then, make a sink for the enormous resources hoarded by some players.

Edited by Shadilay

1 minute ago, Shadilay said:

I'm not okay with PA armour being exclusive because I can't get my friends to play as they say cosmetics play and important part hence, p2w.

Warframe always diverted this by having a good trade system and tradable premium currency.

The better way to do would be making prime access armour salvagable and sold in trade. Or make them into blue prints that are from baro or accessory relics then, make a sink for the enormous resources hoarded by some players.

Then you need to educate your friends on what p2w means. These cosmetics have zero impact on game play. Does it suck that they are exclusive to prime access  yes, but this is a F2P title after all and they need to push players into spending some dosh in some way.

1 minute ago, MidoriFuse said:

What monkey said does not hold relevance,I can say 2000platinum or 20k plat. 250 was ofcourse example.

You should focus on OP point and that was yes it should be obtainable,Why should spending 100$ of platinum in value not be able to buy 30$ worth of items from some package? Money are made,devs are happy,players are happy.

It should not be calculated with discounts tho,discount does not exist if it does not discount something right?
It is why we call it discount in first place because you get something at discount price (cheaper) or at least get the impression of it.

I feel like you're stringing words together, but aren't actually sure what they mean.

What I said was perfectly relevant, you can't argue it was an example after the fact. Say it's an example when you post it.

Discounts are absolutely relevant here as well, nobody bought Prime Accessories at a discount. It was the same price for every single person that bought it, and making it available for people to purchase with discounted plat would completely undermine the economy of PA and whales.

14 minutes ago, Shadilay said:

I'm not okay with PA armour being exclusive because I can't get my friends to play as they say cosmetics play an important part hence, p2w.

did you just call cosmetics pay to win? lol

and literally every single cosmetic item or atleast decent ones cost plat or ducats, both of which can be farmed or grinded to get

the exclusiveness is the only thing that gives real incentive to buy the items in the first place, well that and a booster as nickel mentioned before, 30 day boosters cost 200p in market so 90 day is a 600p value

Edited by Tokens210
edited cause you dont get plat from pa only package

3 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

the exclusiveness is the only thing that gives real incentive to buy the items in the first place, well that and i believe you also get more plat then that money alone would buy or almost and a booster as nickel mentioned before, 30 day boosters cost 200p in market so 90 day is a 600p value

You don't get any plat for Prime Accessories. 2 exclusive cosmetics and 90 day boosters are what you get.