Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, how is it profane for me to put the word "BALLA" in the name of my Balla Zaw weapon?

Nani

I created a Support Ticket for this, but I wanted to post this topic under "Feedback" too, because this problem deserves more attention from DE and could use some real improvement.

I tried to name my Zaw weapon this:

"ZAW BALLA SEEKALLA EJ2"

There is nothing profane about this name.  In fact, it's simply the name of the actual Zaw components that I used when building the Zaw!

Strike: Balla
Grip: Seekalla
Link: Ekwana Jai II

Edited by Nani
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

Similar thing happened to me when I was trying to rename my War.

I tried to rename it to "War... War Never Changes" but it said there is profanity in it.

DE pls fix

Most likely that the filter looks for any lettering of potentially profane words. "hang" is in your name, or maybe it is something else. Either way, the test for profanity is a little over the top and restricts simple words like ball. 

11 hours ago, StrongCrayon said:

I created a Support Ticket for this, but I wanted to post this topic under "Feedback" too, because this problem deserves more attention from DE and could use some real improvement.

"ZAW BALLA SEEKALLA EJ2"

There is nothing profane about this name.  In fact, it's simply the name of the actual Zaw components that I used when building the Zaw!

Couldn't you just use "borla"

Spoiler

also: borls, big hery borls 

😛 suck it profanity filter.

Edited by Ghost_1302

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i encountered the same thing, made all my zaws n tried to name them by their strikes to keep track so i named one ZAW CYATH, ZAW OOLTHA, ZAW MEWAN, ETC. 

ZAW BALLA, nope, profanity... 

I wasnt sure whether to make a thread, support ticket or just face palm.

Then i enter a match with a guy that had a melee named 'phuckstik' or something close to it n i almost threw my controller.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

Yeah, i encountered the same thing, made all my zaws n tried to name them by their strikes to keep track so i named one ZAW CYATH, ZAW OOLTHA, ZAW MEWAN, ETC. 

ZAW BALLA, nope, profanity... 

I wasnt sure whether to make a thread, support ticket or just face palm.

Then i enter a match with a guy that had a melee named 'phuckstik' or something close to it n i almost threw my controller.

That's the kind of thing that infuriates people, right there. On the one hand there's folks who aren't doing anything even approaching profanity, and are being prevented from doing the completely innocent thing. On the other, we have folks that are skirting the edge of profanity purposely and getting a name in the game that is spelled somewhat differently than the actual profane words but sounds the same and allowed to continue with it. 

The other thing that seems a bit frustrating is the fact that Warframe is now a game with a Mature rating, so this admittedly silly focus on trying to root out all profanity seems a little silly at this point, like shutting the door of the stable after the horses have run off.

A game directed at 16+ and the user base are treated as toddlers. You can cut a pixilated human being into 3 parts but anything more profane than "bum" and you are censored.

It is a chat mode designed for Quakers.

To say it is patronising is an understatement, to say it is annoying would again be understating.

On 11/27/2017 at 3:46 PM, Cook-EN- said:

Similar thing happened to me when I was trying to rename my War.

I tried to rename it to "War... War Never Changes" but it said there is profanity in it.

DE pls fix

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)dude1286 said:

Apparently, 111 is also profanity. Tried naming my amp that. Had to go with AAA.

I think it's just displaying the wrong error message. I'm pretty sure those were rejected because only alphabet characters and spaces are allowed. No periods or numbers.

On 12/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, DreamsmithJane said:

I think it's just displaying the wrong error message. I'm pretty sure those were rejected because only alphabet characters and spaces are allowed. No periods or numbers.

Wrong. I have an amp named '2-1-2' when i built that cuz everyone was raving about it. But 113 wasnt allowed for me, which makes me think that theres stuff in the code prepared for people that use l33t speak in various forms, ie ball can be writen ba11 n thus 11 is bad... it seems to be very poorly scoped n oddly specific in odd places, but this is mostly assumption.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:41 AM, StrongCrayon said:

"ZAW BALLA SEEKALLA EJ2"

You cannot put in the name any of the parts, tried b4 and it did not work, so i went zaw 1 and so on

• 3 years later...
On 2017-11-27 at 3:41 PM, Nani said:

"ZAW BALLA SEEKALLA EJ2"

If I had to make a guess

they're probably considering 'balla' to be an alternative spelling for 'baller'

and they probably disallow 'baller' as part of a blanket ban on Thug Life culture.

EDIT: oh, zombie topic

thanks guys.

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed