Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Dojo Planner Released

stom66

I was trying to find an up-to-date Dojo planner, but nae luck. So I built this:

banner-image.png

I spent a few days tweaking this and adding a few more features. It's now live here:

https://dojoplanner.stom66.co.uk/

Current Features:

• All rooms from current game
  • New graphics done as SVGs
  • Power and room capacity calculator
  • Add custom colors, text labels, and a selection of icons
  • Import images from your local computer or from a URL
  • Save your canvas as a PNG, SVG or JSON file
  • Supports importing JSON saves from local computer or from Pastebin
  • Zoom/panning/toggle grid
  • Keyboard shortcuts for easy of use (see instructions)
  • Download available to run your own local copy
  • Now with 100% more Clem
  • Suggestions welcome

Let me know what you folks think. I'll welcome any and all suggestions, bugs, feedback and good recipes for slow cookers.

jd9wv1s.png

Edited by stom66
Spellunk.

14 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

oh darn, was going to give you a croc pot mac n cheese recipie

can has?

c7908a0a9fc80ac8cd8c85e966efb3dc--big-ey

35 minutes ago, stom66 said:

I was trying to find an up-to-date Dojo planner, but nae luck. So I built this:

banner-image.png

I spent a few days tweaking this and adding a few more features. It's now live here:

https://dojoplanner.stom66.co.uk/

Current Features:

• All rooms from current game
  • New graphics done as SVGs
  • Power and room capacity calculator
  • Add custom colors, text labels, and a selection of icons
  • Import images from your local computer or from a URL
  • Save your canvas as a PNG, SVG or JSON file
  • Supports importing JSON saves from local computer or from Pastebin
  • Zoom/panning/toggle grid
  • Keyboard shortcuts for easy of use (see instructions)
  • Download available to run your own local copy
  • Now with 100% more Clem
  • Suggestions welcome

Let me know what you folks think. I'll welcome any and all suggestions, bugs, feedback and good recipes for slow cookers.

jd9wv1s.png

This is amazing, thank you so much!

Super cool, thanks. Some of the things don't line up properly though. maybe Add snapping if possible? I don't know anything about coding really and i'm not sure if it would be too much of a pain in the &#!, but it would go some way to making this more user friendly. That being said, i like it and will probably end up using it as i try to figure out if a specific garden arrangement will work or not.

I got what you mean about the snapping now. I was just my touch screen being borked. As for the thing that doesn't align right, it's the great hall that doesn't line up quite right. haven't actually noticed it with other things, it was just missing that it was the great hall not lining up properly making other things look off. 

Having more time to play with it, i'm actually quite happy with this. while i haven't made a full scale dojo, it was great for helping me plan out the garden i had planned for the future. Didn't say it before, but Thank you a lot for this, I've been looking for a good planning tool for a while and this certainly fits the bill.

2 minutes ago, stom66 said:

Ooh, I didn't code it with touchscreens in mind at all. Did it work?!

If people want more icons they're easily added. Any of the FontAwesome icons can be included if I've missed any that are essential.

Would have if my touch screen wasn't throwing a fit. Touch screens basically translate touch into mouse commands so there's nothing special you need to do that i'm aware of. once i switch to my actual mouse it works great because that's not borked.

Awesome program. 

But need to add a way to center the page. It kept moving to the left when ever i zoomed in and out 

and couldn't figure out how to center it. I know i could have just moved everything over but it would

have been good to be able to center the page.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Dhuem:

But need to add a way to center the page.

If I'm not mistaken, @stom66 uses an infinite canvas, so there's no real center. But it'd be nice to have an auto-zoom button, that fits everything in your viewport.

You can, however, move your whole design by clicking and holding the mouse wheel on a free space and then drag it around. You have to guess, though, because it doesn't show the changes in real time, only after you release the mouse wheel again.

Edited by Bibliothekar

31 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

If I'm not mistaken, @stom66 uses an infinite canvas, so there's no real center. But it'd be nice to have an auto-zoom button, that fits everything in your viewport.

You can, however, move your whole design by clicking and holding the mouse wheel on a free space and then drag it around. You have to guess, though, because it doesn't show the changes in real time, only after you release the mouse wheel again.

What browser are you using? It was built with Chrome, tested a bit on Firefox and to hell with IE. The canvas gets re-rendered whenever it's moved so this shouldn't be happening. You're correct it's an infinite canvas :)

1 hour ago, stom66 said:

Which browser is this with? Zooming was always a bit sticky like yesterdays jam.

Using Opera

edit: Nevermind lol. figure out how to center it. when i was zooming out it was going in the direction of where my mouse pointer was. 

so Solved lol. 

Edited by Dhuem

52 minutes ago, Dhuem said:

Using Opera

edit: Nevermind lol. figure out how to center it. when i was zooming out it was going in the direction of where my mouse pointer was. 

so Solved lol. 

I'll get Opera and have a play with the panning. Scroll-zoom is set to center around your cursor, yes. If you use the gui buttons they just scroll from the center of the canvas.

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

Vivaldi (Chromium-based).

I've had a quick look and the panning event isn't firing in Vivaldi for some reason. I'll play with this at some point.