Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #102 Sound Showcase!

[DE]Rebecca

Join us this Friday, December 1st for a very special Devstream!

Who:  Rebecca will be joined by members of the audio design team: George, Erich, Travis, and Willem! 

What:  Get your headphones on… turn your speakers up… whatever it is you use to listen to your Streams… prepare it, Tenno! The Audio team is bringing amazing behind the scenes looks at sound development in Warframe – new and old! From the making of Gara’s sounds, to upcoming weather systems for the Plains of Eidolon…

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Hydroid Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, December 1st at 2 p.m ET!  

Ask your AUDIO SPECIFIC questions here! Thread locks Friday, December 1st!

this isn't a specific Q to the audio team, more of a suggestion: 

why don't you have these kind of streams like every couple of months instead of 1-2 times a year? I mean streams were other specialized dev teams sit down and talk about what they do best, not just the audio team (though I like to see george without that shirt *whink whink*) 

audio Qs:

1- Why was the Baza silenced? it wasn't for any gameplay advantage right? just for the 'feel' of the gun I assume

2- is it a possibility to add specific music for when you play stealthy? like sneaky ninja-y music to get you the right feel for what you're doing 

Not much of a question, more of a favor or request.

I got a rather strange earg*sm sound, and for the h*ck of it, i can not find a clean sample.

But the sound steel wires (very long steel wires) do in the wind, simular to the almost cracking sound of a frozen lake. 

Where can i find a good sample of this, any good source websites, and even what to search for? 
(Ivara is somewhat close:ish with her dashwire but not close enough =P )

I know this has nothing todo with the game, and just a ego request of my own.

what sound was most fun to make and what sound or sounds was tricky to make them sound just right and took some time to nail down?

would it be posible in future to have something like music box with playlist in our orbiters?
with maybe customisable play list with warframe music in it? maybe to make it aquirable as rewards or drop as that would be rather marvelous

How does the idea of making Equinox's powers change with her, instead of deactivating on Metamorphosis, sounds to you? 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH 

sorry. 

With all seriousness, would you consider reviewing some of the melee hit-sounds - in particular that of slash and Puncture based weapons - in order to give them a bit more humph? Might be personal, but I feel melee combat could give some more auditory feedback to be even more satisfying. I personally end up being drawn more to Hammers due to that - Katanas in particular end up feeling the same regardless if you are slashing enemies or thin air. 

These are off Topic:

When will the index timer mechanic change, 
Will the index be more rewardable if you stay longer. (High risk High Reward.)
Will there be more modes like index be released that require a quest as a requirement?

On topic:
WIll the infested get more creepy sounds in the future?
Will Kela De thym voice after be changed ?
What about planet surrounding sounds? Enviromental.

Archived