Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #102 Sound Showcase!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Join us this Friday, December 1st for a very special Devstream!

Who:  Rebecca will be joined by members of the audio design team: George, Erich, Travis, and Willem! 

What:  Get your headphones on… turn your speakers up… whatever it is you use to listen to your Streams… prepare it, Tenno! The Audio team is bringing amazing behind the scenes looks at sound development in Warframe – new and old! From the making of Gara’s sounds, to upcoming weather systems for the Plains of Eidolon…

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Hydroid Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, December 1st at 2 p.m ET!  

Ask your AUDIO SPECIFIC questions here! Thread locks Friday, December 1st!

Can we please have a jukebox in our orbiter?? 

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

What exactly are we hearing when listening to the smaller Sentient units on Lua? Their pseudo singing always catches my interest. Is it someone's voice recorded specifically for the enemy type, or something different like purely digital sound effects/voice samples with a lot of editing?

And what was the idea/inspiration behind their "singing", humming, or whatever it might be?

Occasionally while sneaking around a tile you come across two or three unalerted enemies that are very close together. At this point performing a stealth kill will unavoidably alert the others standing next to the one you stealth kill.

Would it be possible to have the ability to stealth kill more than one enemy at once? Possibly crack their heads together, or use each hand to stab them in the neck simultaneously, or maybe jump into the air, stab two, and head kick a third. It would look pretty cool seeing a space ninja do a fancy finish like that.

Can we also get the ability to sequentially queue builds in the Foundry? Something like set the Foundry to make 3 batches of Squad Energy Restores or Luminous Dyes, so we don't have to wait every minute for the build to finish, claim it, and then start another build.

Hi there !

My main request : FORMA REVAMP !!!

Please, please please, take it into considerations.
How are we suppose to adapt our build (after a warframe change, new mods introduction, new auras, rivens, etc) with more and more expensive mods who obliges us to forma all our warframe /weapon slot ?

Many players have already made several suggestions on the reddit :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4bcw71/idea_forma_just_unlocks_a_polarity_to_be_changed/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5tvjf8/suggestion_change_the_forma_sortie_reward_to/

Or on the Forum :
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/801600-about-forma-and-polarities/#comment-8718483
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/801595-consumable-concept-prime-forma/#comment-8718454
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/801999-legendary-forma/#comment-8722291
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/801337-discussion-about-forma-and-question-about-skins/#comment-8716651

Others points :

- Getting Void trace in regular void mission on monsters as rare loot for example.

- Remove the common mods reward from endless missions (defence/exca/etc) to only have relics OR having quality reward based on the rank mastery.

Question: Will there be more music added to the maps/factions, so it isn't the same old beat played over and over including the same exact beat played in combat. Mainly I asking will there ever be more play list of music added to the maps, that different then the current if that make sense. As it stand It getting old hearing the same music for all the factions.

Question 2: Will we be able to customize the sound of our weapons in the future? As you know there are people who don't like the sound that some of the weapons makes, or prefer the older sounds for weapons that was changed. Maybe having an pitch and speed meter and an selection of different sounds to select from. To really config the weapons to our liking.

Question 3: Have you guys thought about adding Dolby atmos headphone, or DTS Headphone X HTRF functions to the game or something similar to it?

Final one

Question 4:

Will the operators be getting more voice customizing options in the future, such as changing there voice pitch,tone and speed?

Do you think we'll ever see something like a virtual "jukebox" that we could install in the orbiter so we can listen to Warframe's awesome music?  How cool would it be to be able to install an orbiter decoration/console in your ship and be able to enjoy music on demand, even community made music.  Our Tenno are teenagers,so it seems odd that they wouldn't want to blast their tunes in the orbiter. 

Are there plans to do silenced weapon noises for weapons that have Hush, Silent Battery or Suppress installed, or that are under another effect that silences them?  It's a little odd at times to be firing a (silenced) loud weapon and then not have the enemy notice.  It's a small thing, but it would be nice to hear an audible change when a weapon becomes silenced.  I realize there would have to be "levels" of this since Silencer Mods have multiple upgrade levels,but if that's not doable, perhaps consider switching these Mods to they don't have upgrade levels: after all, I think most of us probably only use silencer Mods if they are fully upgraded anyhow. Another small detail is it would be cool to see a visual cosmetic indication of such a Mod being installed:like an actual silencer one could see on the barrel.

Also, thank you for some of the best music and sound design I am aware of in games: DE's sound team is amazing!

Warframe Rocks!     

I'm not sure if this is in Team Audio's wheelhouse, but: it's often felt a little odd that there's not a clear relationship between how loud something sounds, and how likely enemies are to notice and react to it. Has there been thought or testing around making enemies perceive things based on the actual volume of the sound effect, or is that too much of a potential balancing nightmare?

Do Vay Hek's cybernetic modifications reduce his lung capacity, or is he just Like That? Would he be able to get that fixed if we weren't constantly sabotaging Tyl Regor's lab, or is Tyl hogging all the good vocal reconstruction tech for himself?

Were the Sentient drones intended to sound so cute, or was that a happy accident? (I suppose a Sentient Sentinel that follows you around chirping and periodically gives you damage resistances isn't lore-friendly, but I do want one.)

What does the pipeline for adding new voice acting look like? I remember being impressed about how quickly Konzu got new lines patched into Plague Star, since I assumed there'd be a longer turnaround for that.

In Cetus, you can hear someone hawking fortune-telling services somewhere near Old Man Suumbaat ("Your future clarified in a drop of blood!"), but... where IS she? She's much more elusive than the Powders and Dyes guy.

[EDIT BONUS QUESTIONS: If we had to picture the Incoming Hotfix redtext being dramatically read by one (1) Warframe character, who would it be?

Are there any plans in the works to add more dynamic incidental yelling to Valkyr? Such as while repeatedly firing weapons, during any console hack that lasts more than six seconds, interrupting boss taunts, and so on! You could call it the "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" update.]

Will you improve how controllers work in the game?

As it stands, there is only partial controller support if you start the game normally, full controller support if the game is launched through Steam's Big Picture Mode(which causes the mouse to also become non-functional in certain menus), and you can't switch between M+KB and controller without restarting the game.

I personally don't use a controller for Warframe, but I've noticed that the simple fact that you can't fully use a controller without Big Picture Mode has left many users confused about controller support.

Also, what's the status of Vulkan(preferrably) or DX12 with the game?

Will we ever see the return of the original Warframe music tracks from before Update 14, perhaps in an updated form? The old tracks may have been simple, but possessed a distinct feel veterans dearly miss and would love to share with new players.

Tracks such as this: 

First of all, Warframe is one of the best sounding games, it was nice learning a bit of the process in the thread Weapon Sounds: Remastered, and so I have one general and one specific question/request:

1. Is there any potential news and progress that can be shared on how the its coming along for more weapons to be Remastered?
  2. One of my favorite all time sounding weapons in the Auto 9, and so could maybe there be a secondary pistol that could be made to sound similar? (I be happy with the Sicarus series sounding beefier, if not for a new burst fire hand cannon!)

Could Kraken's sound get more power? After the recent sound change, it gained a lot of detail and depth, but lost a lot of its character. It now really lacks the audible power that other heavy Grineer weapons have, like the Hek, Argonak and Buzlok (one of my favorites!). If it were to get more boom added to its current sound, it would be amazing! (The weapon could also do with a buff, but that's a topic for another thread.)

What weapons are next up for a sound change/overhaul?

This has nothing to do with sound either....but the Arcata (the Lunaro Jaialai thingie) a while back was announced as a possible weapon and some progress was made on it.  The project got set on the back burner because the ball would constantly get lost.  This was before spearguns and their mechanics however, which solved that very issue.  Is there any plans to revisit the Arcata as a weapon?

Archived