Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1/PS4: Post U22.3.5 Crashes (December 7th Updates!)

[DE]Megan

Yesterday after the update every bounty I started and others joined, game shut down every time doors start to open to enter the plains. I tried everything from hard reboot Xbox to different locations in starting the game as to game launcher. Nothing changed still shuts down. Since all the Dash board changes I don't where to find the clear cache part.

@SoakingMoss164 :

To clear the cache you need to:

1) Find the Warframe icon on your dashboard. It will be either in your pins down below the initial screen, in your recent games/apps used on the initial screen, or in your My Games & Apps section. It is the icon you use to start up the game.

2) Press your start button on the Warframe icon to bring up a little menu. Select 'Manage Game' .

3) Scroll down to 'Save Data' and you will see an icon that says 'Reserved Space', click it and it will prompt you to clear it. Accept.

This clears the cache and is sometimes a temporary fix for some crashing issues in any number of games

HOWEVER...I have already done this on a few occasions to see if it will affect the crashes any, and I have seen no change in the frequency of hard crashes to the dashboard while loading into a random bounty group since the recent patch.

That being said, still give it a try if you want. Some fixes/temp fixes effect differant people in differant ways sometimes.

On 11/29/2017 at 2:10 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Xbox Tenno!

As of this mornings Update 22.3.5, we have been gathering reports of crashes when entering the Plains from Cetus.

We're currently investigating these crashes on our end, but require your assistance to best reproduce these issues.

If you experience a crash, please reply with the following information:

1. Are you Solo, in a squad, or waiting for other players to join?
  2. If you were in a squad, did they crash as well and what are their Gamertags?
  3. What were you doing in-game when the crash occurred?

Thank you for assisting us as we further investigate these crashes! 

2:37PM EDIT: 

Can those experiencing crashes please hard restart their Xbox (hold down the power button) and restart Warframe from the 'My games and apps' App.

Thank you!

It's an older Xbox issue. On my xbox one x I've yet to crash. Everyone that I played with that has crashed was on an OG or S Xbox One

Hey DE Team the Gamecrashbug is longer on Plains of Eidolon it is now nerby everytime at the last patch. It happened sometimes if the door is on the way to open and stand drrrrr. Crash game closed. I have tryed 3 times to find a squad and 3 times the Game crashed the cache was cleard 5 minutes befor i tried this. I am sure you ll bring a good hot fix out to kill this annoying bug .The Crash happens too if i played solo. Keep up the good work DE you are the best Game company that exist i am proud of you :))

The first time I entered the plains while in a squad, but by myself.  Once the squadmate loaded in I crashed, but he was fine.  So I loaded the game back up, he invited me into the Plains, and we were able to complete the bounty.  After that, every time we both tried to enter the Plains we were both being dash boarded.  His GT is Iain A 87.  Another friend whom I attempted to enter the Plains with, only to have the same dash boarding experience, was with WAiin89.

Every time entering the plains was with a bounty selected and while in a squad.  Every time resulted in both being dash boarded with the exception of loading in via invite while i was in the orbiter and he was in the plains.

I just can't play Plains any more, or at least there's no point.

If I try to load in as a client from Cetus the game crashes. And If I load in as a host I get onto the plains fine but the doors back to Cetus won't open. If I load in from orbit as a client it crashes sometimes, works others but even when it works the doors won't open. I just a host migration when the others load back to Cetus and I get stuck at the door.

Lost more than an hour of fishing and fishing supplies earlier, including all my Norg Bait and a bunch of Norg.

Just tried a couple of Eidolon Hunts. the first resulted in a crash as client and the successful kill as host left me sitting in the gates. I even tried going to have a shower and coming back after 30 minutes and my Harrow is still standing at the gate spinning his Opitcor.

Please either hotfix this or delay the even until next weekend!

i think it has something to do with just how the Xbox works. i believe it might be due to the FPS dropping to a certain point and the O/S is force closing the game. i had this issue with the new Assassisn Creed game if i took a clip my FPS would drop terribly and the game would crash 

I typically play Plains content in Solo matchmaking; this is usually stable as far as Warframe crashes go.  I'm running on the original Xbox One hardware and boot the console each night from a fully powered off state (electricity toggled off to the power outlets during the day).  Warframe is installed to an external hard drive.

(1)  Crash experienced in Solo matchmaking at about November 1, 2017, 6 AM UTC (about 0.5 days ago from the time of this post).  I entered Cetus from the Star Chart, accepted a tier 5 bounty, and completed it plus about 4 incursions.  I returned to Cetus, accepted a tier 3 bounty, then entered the Plains.  Warframe crashed shortly after I had taken a few steps (bullet jump + Transference) after the doors opened when The Lotus's transmission audio finished saying "Konzu" from "Konzu is right".  This crash happened later than most crashes, which is unusual because they normally happen just as the affinity challenge appears and before the doors animate open.

(2)  Crash experienced in a Public squad about 1.5 days ago from the time of this post.  I was a client in a squad hosted by arbiter671; I don't remember if I accepted an Xbox Live platform invitation or an in-game invitation.  We ran several missions from the Star Chart including the Sortie and an Alert, then entered Cetus and selected a tier 5 bounty, then entered the Plains.  Warframe crashed right as the affinity challenge appeared; I don't think the host crashed because I heard no mention of it in audio chat in the Xbox Live Party.  I was standing still by the Plains doors at the time of the crash.

(3)  Crash experienced when converting from a Public squad to Solo matchmaking about 2.5 days ago from the time of this post.  I was a client in a squad that was probably hosted by Hiper300 and also included XxArrowDFAxX initially; we joined this squad via Xbox Live platform invitation (not an in-game invitation).  We ran a bounty in public and had one other person join in mid-bounty; that person left the squad after returning to Cetus, then Hiper300 (the probable host) left, then XxArrowDFAxX left (not sure who became the new host prior to this).  Once alone, I accepted a bounty and entered the Plains, and crashed right as the affinity challenge appeared.  I did not alter Solo matchmaking settings the entire time; they were carried over from before I joined the squad.  I was standing still by the Plains doors at the time of the crash.

Edited by (XB1)cubeof11
Player behavior at the time of the crashes is added.

1. Invite-only squad

2. Yes, they all crashed as well (DarkHart1, Cross Primed, PhantomAgenda97, E B The P)

3. From navigation, select Cetus. Cetus loads. Get Plague Star bounty. Approach Cetus gates & loading diamond spins.3-7 seconds later, crash. Dashboarded. Having to restart Warframe

1. Invite-only squad

2. Yes, they all crashed as well (DarkHart1, Cross Primed, PhantomAgenda97, E B The P)

3. From navigation, select Cetus. Cetus loads. Get Plague Star bounty. Approach Cetus gates & loading diamond spins.3-7 seconds later, crash. Dashboarded. Having to restart Warframe

1. Invite-only squad

1. Invite-only squad

I have suffered from at least 15 or more crashes and that doesn't include the 8 in a row I endured in just a half hour today. Why release the event knowing this issue still exists? 

My game crashes solo, while in a squad, while in invite only mode, 

always at the cetus gate trying to enter the plains.  Since POE's launch the crashes started. With the last two updates it broke the game for me. 

As of right now I have yet to experience plague star

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Crashes for me - easily reproduced:

Go to Cetus (solo, invite, public, in squad, not in squad doesn't matter)

Select Bounty & Complete Bounty returning to Cetus

Get next bounty

Game will crash every time loading the gates.

yeah this has been happening to me, but sometimes i cant even make it past the gates on the first bounty 

It has never happened to me, but I have the Xbox One X. But the two people from my clan I play with regularly are constantly crashing, they use OG hardware. Same story as everybody else. I just pick a bounty and go fishing until they join back. No issues after the first 5 seconds that they have loaded in. I can't remember the full gamertag, but clan name is Derp Platoon and my two friend's names start with "Jr" and "Zombie".

Hey Tenno, we've received multiple reports that since Operation: Plague Star went live the crashes have increased when attempting to enter the Plains after having selected the Plague Star Bounty from Konzu. 

We're still investigating and will update you as soon as we can. 

10 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno, we've received multiple reports that since Operation: Plague Star went live the crashes have increased when attempting to enter the Plains after having selected the Plague Star Bounty from Konzu. 

Sweet! Hope it goes well and quick =)

16 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Been going on for longer than that, but good to see you guys are finally looking into it.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We're still investigating and will update you as soon as we can

About time