Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sound cuts off when open navigation and during the mission

(XBOX)Lightscence

Hello.

I have sound and everything perfect but only when i'm in my ship. 

Sound disappear when i open Navigation and go to missions, i dont have sound during the missions too.

The funny thing is that my whole xbox loose sound.

When i leave navigation sound is back.

I tried to restart game, i restart my xbox, i did and hard reset, nope, again my whole xbox loose sound...

This start to happend after newest update. 

Any advice what to do ?

Edited by (XB1)Lightscence

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Lightscence said:

I found the problem:

I dont play with my headset, because me and my Gf playing together in same room, but sometimes when we play with more friends and i connect my headset to my controller, sound is back, and everything runs completely normal.

Best regards.

This only started after update 22.3.5. And the only way to fix it is to keep headset plugged in. Which is pretty damn annoying. Is there any other way to fix this issue?

I have the same issue on Xbox one. I have tried everything including deleting the update and re-downloading it. Shut the game off and hard started the Xbox one. Tried adjusting sound in the menu options in game still nothing. Super annoying having to keep the headset plugged in all the time.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)GUNR 675 said:

I have the same issue on Xbox one. I have tried everything including deleting the update and re-downloading it. Shut the game off and hard started the Xbox one. Tried adjusting sound in the menu options in game still nothing. Super annoying having to keep the headset plugged in all the time.

Yup also tried all of these things and no luck.

Found that launching the party app without your headset plugged in after launching a mission or while in your navigation map will restore sound for the duration of play; however, once you close out Warframe you'll have to close your party app to restore sound to your dashboard.  This is a temp fix without resorting to plugging in a headset to keep your sound while playing. Even after the mission is completed or exiting the navigation map sound will stay.

Note:

-Sound still stays if you press the Xbox home button in this way, but you'll lose it once fully going back to the dashboard without the head set plugged in.

-You do not need to invite members to the party for this to work, so set party to invite only if you plan on running solo, or your buddies are only a room apart to prevent friends from hopping in at random.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is "by design" on the Xbox.  If you go to the chat mixer settings and choose reduce all sounds, when you create a session and startup VOIP the OS will duck ALL sounds.  This is something that Microsoft has built into the system.

More than likely the chat mixer settings are set to duck by some amount.  So once chat (VOIP) is active the OS will automatically duck game sounds if you don't have a headset plugged in.  This is so you will be able to hear the voices of other players over top of the game sounds.  The issue can be worked around by using headphones or by setting the Chat Mixer to "Do Nothing" (See screenshot).

Image_127.png