Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Deluxe Skin - Thoughts?

Tellakey

9 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

looks pretty nice. Any images of the sydana?

I am having a hard time finding one that exactly fits, in that image I am using the Vaykor

I also need to update the emblems and find the right sigil to use.

519de0a6f652dd6e0cec5d2bd6e2e9c8.png

Edited by PoisonHD
Took a better pic with a straight syandanna.

Just now, PoisonHD said:

I am having a hard time finding one that exactly fits, in that image I am using the Vaykor

Oh, gotcha. I thought you had the one that came with him in this update. My bad, i'll try to look it up later when i get home. Try slapping the disconnect syndana on him from your arsenal menu just to try it out, i think that would look neat.

Im just sad to see this (in my opinion) ugliest proto skin slapped to my 5 year old starter frame (looks equaly bad on prime). When you compare to other proto skins that compliment the frame their for much better then Volt's one in my opinion. So sad to see this, Just ooh so sad. Really thought De could have done better, sooooooo much better and they probably hype the skin on dev stream to :thumbdown::sadcry::heartbroken:

3 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

I'm still vacillating on the purchase. The syandana rocks,  but the skin itself... mmmm...

Does it? I thought it looked terrible based on the market preview, same as the hammer. I did buy the skin though.

1 minute ago, Snib said:

Does it? I thought it looked terrible based on the market preview, same as the hammer. I did buy the skin though.

I personally liked it. It's basically a lightning bolt. The hammer is meh from the market preview. Might differ once you actually play with it.

Just now, Tellakey said:

I personally liked it. It's basically a lightning bolt. The hammer is meh from the market preview. Might differ once you actually play with it.

I get that it's supposed to be lightning, but it looks more like a tree branch to me. But indeed, might always be different in game. The market previews are generally bad, it's a shame there's no way to properly preview items from such packs.

It doesn't really fit with volt. Just because it has some lightning effects doesn't mean it works. It looks like an enemy you would find on Uranus as a rare spawn. 

I guess my biggest problem is that it looks naked. I think it would look a lot better if there was some cloth around his hips. Kind of like the regular volt model.

the rest of the skin looks really disorganized, like they just put random pieces of armour on an otherwise flat 3d model.

I feel bad for volt mains that don't like it.

Edited by Crazymantisfondue

If I have to be honest, I feel DE has been doing so much of a great job at listening to feedback in the past that the community has become straight up spoiled.

I mean, there's a difference between noting you don't like something and simply seeing some of the posts being made throughout the Forums/Reddit. I've always believed one of Warframe's strongest points was its Art, and it still is. A bit "worried" about the Prime line now that Mynki is not here (mainly because many regular frames were done by him, so it'd be logical he'd be the perfect pitch for those frames) although Hydroid was really good.

The skin in my opinion is really cool and does a great job at doing a prototype more modern of an electric biomechanical golem, though I might say that it's too obvious this wasn't designed to be a Proto skin, isntead being labeled as such because they saw it fit. I'm pretty sure that Stalker thing in Dark Sector would have been a better base for an actual Proto skin (although then it'd have probably been Volt with Storm helmet in corroded metallics)

The Syandana could have used some more energy effects (specially seeing how good they're on Proto-Volt), and the hammer skin feels like it'd have been a better axe skin with "energy blades", but well. I myself would have preferred sparring weapons.

Thankfully the good news is there's TennoGen for those dissatisfied and even there can be more skins down the line, so well...

Edited by NightmareT12

20 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

If I have to be honest, I feel DE has been doing so much of a great job at listening to feedback in the past that the community has become straight up spoiled.

I mean, there's a difference between noting you don't like something and simply seeing some of the posts being made throughout the Forums/Reddit. I've always believed one of Warframe's strongest points was its Art, and it still is. A bit "worried" about the Prime line now that Mynki is not here (mainly because many regular frames were done by him, so it'd be logical he'd be the perfect pitch for those frames) although Hydroid was really good.

The skin in my opinion is really cool and does a great job at doing a prototype more modern of an electric biomechanical golem, though I might say that it's too obvious this wasn't designed to be a Proto skin, isntead being labeled as such because they saw it fit. I'm pretty sure that Stalker thing in Dark Sector would have been a better base for an actual Proto skin (although then it'd have probably been Volt with Storm helmet in corroded metallics)

The Syandana could have used some more energy effects (specially seeing how good they're on Proto-Volt), and the hammer skin feels like it'd have been a better axe skin with "energy blades", but well. I myself would have preferred sparring weapons.

Thankfully the good news is there's TennoGen for those dissatisfied and even there can be more skins down the line, so well...

Tennogen is a godsend for cosmetics, especially weapons. I wonder if at some point DE will allow for custom frame models, provided these conform with the stylistic vision of the game.

4 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Tennogen is a godsend for cosmetics, especially weapons. I wonder if at some point DE will allow for custom frame models, provided these conform with the stylistic vision of the game.

I recall them saying they'd be open to it but that right now it'd have to be a no because of the complexity it'd require to implement/review. It's the natural evolution step though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in a few years.

The design is good, but the proportions are weird imo. He went from slim frame to never-skip-below-torso day bulky frame. His torso just looks way too bulky compared to the rest of his body, specially transictioning to the butt.

Edited by Kiwinille

I missed the concept but I like the skin. More so than many other deluxe ones, sure it might look weird for some people because of it's grineer-like or whatever look, being assymetrical and reach on details but still it's usable let's put it that way. I personally use it with Arrester helmet tho, like it better than standard one. And it looks fine with many color schemes which became a rare occurance in most skins.

Could've been a mecha with thrusters that ignite when going fast and zappy parts, also include the new glass textures for shinies, also have the glowy lines used in the skin, instead we got a syndicate defense target cosplaying a pile of trash, oh well it's the value of Volt anyway. Also it's ASYMMETRICAL and castrated.

Could have worked as an operator skin I guess.

-QNVcK_mSKW6o3UCjBkMeA.png9r5Ls39MRk62sA1i0QdwkA.pngjL4b6tuETpaQsjka-WyuTg.png.

Edited by giovanniluca

47 minutes ago, Trunks40 said:

Arent the Proto-Armors based off of darkSector? 

Well, the first one was and the second one too, but that's all they can really do :P I mean, the line itself will have to find its uniqueness and evolve as they explore the rest of the cast if they want to keep doing them.