The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheap way to get the "Sleds of Sunshine" achievement (slide 500m)

(PSN)Unstar

Question

So yesterday I was wrapping up a bounty with a group, and two members instantly hopped in their archwings and bolted to the gate to Cetus.  With the changes from the recent update, it started the minute-long countdown timer until the whole group extracted.

I knew I wasn't going to make it to the gate before the countdown ended, so I decided to look for wisps.  So I'm doing the basic Tenno jump-slide-repeat loop to explore as fast as I can, and the timer hits zero while I'm sliding.

The game then teleports me to the gate, and I'm still sliding.  It must have teleported me over 500 meters, because I instantly got the achievement.  I was surprised!  And a little disappointed I wouldn't get to unlock it the normal way, but not more than I was amused.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny and wanted to share my experience.  Cheers, fellow Tenno!

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

I know that the thread is a bit old, but I found a very easy way to get the achievement, you just need to have archwings. Just fly as high as possible, spint and use the boost. When you are at top speed melee and slide right after. 1000 meters slide in a couple of seconds.

I slapped a maxed out friction mod on and tried for reals.  I made some long runs but no achievement popped.  So then I asked for advice and got told the extraction trick.

So then I tried to do that...my plan was to just run bounties with peeps.  First two group were full of jerks who would not extract.  Third time was the charm and it worked but nothing popped..  So I went and looked and I had already gotten it earlier when I was actually trying lol.   So I actually earned it which is cool.

I dont really know which attempt worked lol.  It was either from the top of the mountain towards your 1-2 o'clock as u come out of the gate or the mountain top in the other corner(10-11 o'clock) where i slid pretty far but kept it going with bullet jumps always making sure to land in a slide.