Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ball interaction delay of 0.5 seconds after Throwing

mr.RazZer

This delay of 0.5 seconds after throwing the ball is definitely too long. The delay has one good thing, that is fixing the easy to abuse client-only "lag shots" that travelled at 2 times the speed and distance and relied on hitting the ball instantly after throwing but a delay of around 0.25 seconds or even lower would totally suffice to prevent this abusive kind of gameplay and at the same time not punish players for actually playing a fast paced style. As it is right now the delay is way too long to have the gameplay be as fluid and enjoyable as it used to be and hit the more "competitive" lunaro gameplay so hard that it feels almost unplayable at times. I really feel like it is necessary to lower the interaction delay in order to help lunaro to be as nice and enjoyable as before.

TL;DR: Interaction delay is too long. Please lower.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have created such a topic in the past already and people are saying just the same. The delay of .5 is a good solution for the instant cheating (not lagshots, since that was already fixed quite a while ago), but it is way too long for high level plays, which brought up the idea of lowering the pick up and possibly also the check delay to about .2. It's enough to still keep people from instantly unstabling the ball, but also allows highly skilled players to play faster and more precise.
A lot of the top tier players are complaining about the delay, because it just makes a lot of techniques impossible or too slow, denying successful execution and a lot of the time those people find themselves not picking back up the ball or checking through it, which is really frustrating, for myself and others.
So 0.2sec would be a nice value.