Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slenderman In Warframe.

jollter

An event is not worth risking the whole game with videos by that freak. No thanks.

This is the last thing warframe needs.

tumblr_m894keET5C1rt9jwlo1_400.png

I'm sure he would enjoy the game itself, but there's not enough content for him to make a video off of it. Besides, I actually like him. He makes just about everything funny. :3

Honestly, I really don't think this'll work. The two just don't... mix.

And if Slender Man did have a cameo in Warframe, it definitely wouldn't be an event, it would probably be some sort of Easter egg.

If anything, we'll probably get something pumpkin related for Halloween.

Of cuz it's created, ghost don't exist until some1 creates it and sets a date for it. Slenderman is made to be in the 18s. We're both agreeing on the same fact.

Different history, same idea. Slenderman belongs to noone. So slenderman in warframe CAN happen :3

I remember when Slenderman was actually something to be feared, then people started making games for him, everyone knows about him now. I liked it better when he was just a story.

Well, now he's a story, and a game! :D And i'm sure plenty of people still get nightmares of him. Why does it matter if everyone knows? Is it too "mainstream" now or something?

Well, now he's a story, and a game! :D And i'm sure plenty of people still get nightmares of him. Why does it matter if everyone knows? Is it too "mainstream" now or something?

Pretty much. Pewdiepie played it, a LOT of people played it, a lot of games of it, also played, just starts turning Slenderman into a joke really. He's supposed to be mysterious *Points at the original story's black and white pictures with him slightly visible in the background*

Man I've seen some dumb ideas on this forum but this one takes the cake

Wonderful! Care to throw in an idea or two to improve upon it then, since it's so dumb too you? It's open to suggestions you know. :3

Just have the Stalker be more slenderman on Halloween. It isn't necessary to take from another game a character, but to take from another game a concept, is acceptable.

The Stalker is your slenderman and on halloween he can have a more smokey appearance and perhaps act somewhat different and somewhat similiar to slenderman as if slenderman was a tenno.

That is the ONLY way for people to accept slenderman and that is to paint a different picture of him and make him related to the warframe lore and not seen as a rip off of another game(Which is the biggest gripe of everyone). No one wants characters from other games in their game, they just want the concept implemented in a different way which is why you've gotten no where with slenderman. So forget him and focus on Stalker as he is the closest thing to slenderman warframe shall ever get and everyone accepts him..

Edited by XDeathCoreX

slenderman is dumb, the only reason he was scary in that game was cause he teleport and you cant look at him or fight him, same with amenisia monsters, once you can actually fight, scare factor go to -100.

that said, i wouldent mind something diffrent, hell, even temp sex change so it look and sound like this.

of course it might make some players with heart conditions have a heart attack so not as likely :(

DAYUM

Just have the Stalker be more slenderman on Halloween. It isn't necessary to take from another game a character, but to take from another game a concept, is acceptable.

The Stalker is your slenderman and on halloween he can have a more smokey appearance and perhaps act somewhat different and somewhat similiar to slenderman as if slenderman was a tenno.

That is the ONLY way for people to accept slenderman and that is to paint a different picture of him and make him related to the warframe lore and not seen as a rip off of another game(Which is the biggest gripe of everyone). No one wants characters from other games in their game, they just want the concept implemented in a different way which is why you've gotten no where with slenderman. So forget him and focus on Stalker as he is the closest thing to slenderman warframe shall ever get and everyone accepts him..

If you read some previous posts, iv'e been actually saying that it doesn't have to be Slendy. -_- The same concept could just apply for the stalker. Same model, same character, different situation to deal with, and possibly that description of him that you added. And, I mean is it really necessary to tell me that I've gotten nowhere with Slenderman when I literally just made this thread last night? 

I like your ideas, I just don't like how your expressing them is what I'm saying.

Edited by jollter

If you read some previous posts, iv'e been actually saying that it doesn't have to be Slendy. -_- The same concept could just apply for the stalker. Same model, same character, different situation to deal with, and possibly that description of him that you added. And, I mean is it really necessary to tell me that I've gotten nowhere with Slenderman when I literally just made this thread last night? 

I like your ideas, I just don't like how your expressing them is what I'm saying.

It's just that it's 5 pages...

It's just that it's 5 pages...

Oh. The lazy type I see. Fear not, for I am of that type too. LOL But I really would love to see this concept implemented, so I'm going to keep this thread alive and hope that the devs see it and maybe take it into consideration. :3 As for the five pages thing, imean really like the 5th post down I said it doesn't have to be slendy. xD

Well, honestly, the fact that Slenderman is in the topic and is the main idea mentioned over and over in the replies doesn't help your case. Perhaps a more thoughtful thread would've worked like using the Stalker as the main idea and describing his slender like actions on Halloween w/o mentioning slender and make it warframish. Doing so would've avoided all this Slender nonsense from all the replies. Be creative, not a copycat.

Worst thing you can do is rip an idea out of another game w/o mentioning any changes to make him related to the game somehow. No one likes rip offs.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Well, honestly, the fact that Slenderman is in the topic and is the main idea mentioned over and over in the replies doesn't help your case. Perhaps a more thoughtful thread would've worked like using the Stalker as the main idea and describing his slender like actions on Halloween w/o mentioning slender and make it warframish. Doing so would've avoided all this Slender nonsense from all the replies. Be creative, not a copycat.

Worst thing you can do is rip an idea out of another game w/o mentioning any changes to make him related to the game somehow. No one likes rip offs.

Rip an idea out of another game? In all of slendies games, your forced to find notes or find notes and activate generators. You have no way of defending yourself, other then running and hoping he won't be directly behind you. This would literally just require the players to go from point A, to point B. And you have powers to back you up, along with your warframes base sprint speed and a bunch of mods. -_- You're also in a third person camera. The only actual rip would be using slendy himself. Many games have this type of concept of trying to escape a horrible monster that can litteraly one shot you, so instead of being a rip, it'd be more "Mainstream" as hipsters would put it.

And yes, slenderman and this concept iv'e thought of involving him is literally the main point of the topic, so you should probably expect that i'm going to emphasize on the idea that I want him in. But if you read, maybe about 4-5 posts in, you'll also realize how flexible I am with the idea, taking in suggestions to better the idea itself. So i'd say this is a pretty thoughtful thread. And for the record, I find all the "Slender non-sense" to be not only amusing, but contributing to the concept itself.

You can call me a copy cat, but i'm sure no one actually thought of this idea for warframe. Slender or not. And if they did, they probably should have just made a thread on it like I had, otherwise no one can claim the title of "I thought of it first." 

For the record, using slendy in warframe and just creating an all out "Escape" event/mode/w/e you wanna call it,  is a pretty creative idea if you ask me. -_-

The problem is understanding WHAT the Slender Man is all about. Its a modern urban legend that plays on same human fears the unknown half glimpsed 'thing' that is prevalent throughout human mythology.  In 50 years who knows if anyone will remember that this version of tall-dark-and-scary originated with Creepypasta. The video game based on this modern myth is interesting but ultimately boils down the same kind of 'jump scare' you find as a staple of the 'horror' genre.

There are some issues with doing this in Warframe. Firstly players often can maintain 360 battlefield awareness... not hard considering there are often really only two way enemies can come at you, front and behind. Second is the availability of 'kill it now' panic buttons, players have a quick out for dealing with 'jump scares' ... which kinda defeats the exercise. Third, we will know it, with any massively played game and group knowledge the unknown will become know and remove the element of fear.

That last one is why applaud the Devs for doing the "What Stalker" bit, trying to keep him as 'random' and unknown as they could. Sadly the Stalker's behavior was very quickly parsed and strategies for dealing with him (even 'farming' him) developed.

I will give you this though, the Infected could use something like that. As they stand the Infected are very overt and very noticeable. They need a good ambush creature. Which I think the crawlers were supposed to be in a sense, but they just stand out like sore thumbs. Although getting blinded-side by a charging Ancient because you failed to keep awareness is always worth a bit of cussing. :P

Edited by Brasten

I will give you this though, the Infected could use something like that. As they stand the Infected are very overt and very noticeable. They need a good ambush creature. Which I think the crawlers were supposed to be in a sense, but they just stand out like sore thumbs. Although getting blinded-side by a charging Ancient because you failed to keep awareness is always worth a bit of cussing. :P

They already have a good ambush creature its called a pissed off ancient disruptor.

Seriously every time I am going around a corner I get a *@##$slap and energy sap from those a holes.

The problem is understanding WHAT the Slender Man is all about. Its a modern urban legend that plays on same human fears the unknown half glimpsed 'thing' that is prevalent throughout human mythology.  In 50 years who knows if anyone will remember that this version of tall-dark-and-scary originated with Creepypasta. The video game based on this modern myth is interesting but ultimately boils down the same kind of 'jump scare' you find as a staple of the 'horror' genre.

There are some issues with doing this in Warframe. Firstly players often can maintain 360 battlefield awareness... not hard considering there are often really only two way enemies can come at you, front and behind. Second is the availability of 'kill it now' panic buttons, players have a quick out for dealing with 'jump scares' ... which kinda defeats the exercise. Third, we will know it, with any massively played game and group knowledge the unknown will become know and remove the element of fear.

That last one is why applaud the Devs for doing the "What Stalker" bit, trying to keep him as 'random' and unknown as they could. Sadly the Stalker's behavior was very quickly parsed and strategies for dealing with him (even 'farming' him) developed.

Uh. I realize that you have full 360 awareness, but you still cant see everything behind you. You can turn around for one minute, and then turn back around only to realize how close he is to you, and if you don't move away quickly enough, he'll kill you. I'm sure that'll give a lot of players a good jolt as they are trying to stay aware of where he is exactly. Also, i threw in the idea of adding total black out, only relying on the flashlight to help you see where exactly he is and what's in front of you.

I really could care less about the what stalker joke. It's funny, and nothing I take seriously considering that they inevitably know he's in the game. 

The crawlers, if not spotted quickly, can fit in amongst the dead bodies of the infested, or other factions given that they have more then one in the same mission. So they do sort of "ambush" you if you don't really pay attention. I'd say the ancients do enough ambushing alone >.>

Rip an idea out of another game? In all of slendies games, your forced to find notes or find notes and activate generators. You have no way of defending yourself, other then running and hoping he won't be directly behind you. This would literally just require the players to go from point A, to point B. And you have powers to back you up, along with your warframes base sprint speed and a bunch of mods. -_- You're also in a third person camera. The only actual rip would be using slendy himself. Many games have this type of concept of trying to escape a horrible monster that can litteraly one shot you, so instead of being a rip, it'd be more "Mainstream" as hipsters would put it.

And yes, slenderman and this concept iv'e thought of involving him is literally the main point of the topic, so you should probably expect that i'm going to emphasize on the idea that I want him in. But if you read, maybe about 4-5 posts in, you'll also realize how flexible I am with the idea, taking in suggestions to better the idea itself. So i'd say this is a pretty thoughtful thread. And for the record, I find all the "Slender non-sense" to be not only amusing, but contributing to the concept itself.

You can call me a copy cat, but i'm sure no one actually thought of this idea for warframe. Slender or not. And if they did, they probably should have just made a thread on it like I had, otherwise no one can claim the title of "I thought of it first." 

For the record, using slendy in warframe and just creating an all out "Escape" event/mode/w/e you wanna call it,  is a pretty creative idea if you ask me. -_-

It's not that i see you as a copycat, it's that they see you as a copycat. All they see is that you are just ripping a character from another game. It's just ignorance. Ignorant people won't care that you are flexible, all they see is the first post and start hating.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

It's not tat i see you as a copycat, it's that say see you as a copycat. All they see is that you are just ripping a character from another game. It's just ignorance.

Well if that's what they see, then they don't have to support this thread. I'm not forcing the idea into digital extremes. I'm simply just putting it into there big piles of ideas, because i would just get a big thrill out of the event. I'm also just a huge horror genre fan, except for stupid horrors like the Rocky horror movie. Imean horrors with blood, and massacre, and a good jump scare.