Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let volts revisit last a little longer

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

The latest revisit to Volt was cool. I never understood why discharge couldnt be aircasted, but if this is anything like last time, itll be another year and some change before any other changes, and there were many things that have brought up multiple times that i hope the devs would have seen and playtested by now. Heres my take.

Volts synergies, and the mechanics of how his abilities work need help. 

Shock is a nice ability when it works, but its not the most accurate. And its not that this cant be partly or even mostly player error, but you should still be able to use it even if you miss. I really want it to just leave a charged area on the ground that works as an arc trap. And iv always disliked shocks synergy with tesla coiled objects/enemies. It should chain on tesla coiled objects the way it does on enemies, it should shock both. Shocking the ground should chain to a container thats been electrically charged. Whats the benefit or point of shocking one individualy container? Maybe if it gave off some sort of cool particle effect ( circuitry containers ) or did a meaningful aoe burst, amd not whatever it says it does that wont really shock anything unless its standing so close that shock will just chain to them anyways and make you miss the container entirely....happens. Holding to charge up damage sounds really nice, but DE has done alot, and im sure none of what im talking about is actually on the table for discussion, as from what i read in the revisiting notes, the changes already done seem to have been deemed too much, as they are going to monitor for power exploitation, which is fine. But lets keep going.

Speed. First, backflipping to get out of speed is a bad idea. It has always been. You can blame both the ability and the player. But the pickups werent working either. My suggestion was always to make it an opt in via sprint toggle. But regardless of how it works, opt in is preferable to opt out in most volt posts, and picking it up is proven to not be preferable. The one other suggestion i have is that volts speed tracks teammates up to 50 meters away and gives them speed in the form of static energy, and is opt in in aoe, so ... Teammates might have a static counter that appears that constantly drains down, and they can opt in, by holding circle/backflipping/sprint toggle/using a dance emote...and use speed.

--> If 3 teammates are around volt and all within 50 meters, speed travels to each one and forms an electrically charged area around them, so about 10 meters for each teammate and 20 for Volt. If they werent there, a complete stationary 50 meter circle would just be around volt, and the area is charged with static energy which is a by product of his normal energy that increases volts speed. It adds a few seconds to your timer, or possibly even not having it count down while you are in that area. Recasting speed will reset time, but static energy on map is additive. Im terrible at explaining things, but its there for interpretation anyways.

Carrying the sheild was never really popular. With 5 energy per second gone, its possibly better than most other drains in game now...but its still taxing you more to move with it and to move fast, not too bad of a tax, but its the principal of the matter. Standing still while holding it serves less purpose than standing behind it. You should obviously move with it, but does moving with it deserve the timer and the drain? Thats always been the question. Its fine to be worried about exploitative powers, but your only allowed to use pistols or melee, the sheild doesnt shock or stun enemies (but shocking speed does), it slows down movement....it just does alot in effort to be as safe as possible...i would like it to knock down enemies while walking, you would guard, and it would knock enemies down violently like lancers do to us. The sheild isnt for high speed movement. Its been made plain and clear.

Discharge, like old overload, is geared towards dps with a guranteed short stun (with most recent fixes). More damage in a shorter time with the damage cap means shorter stun...s2 y But people do want that stun. I would say, through min maxing, damage could be sacrificed for stun time...but that doesnt seem to be how it works currently....what i would hope for is through shocking tesla coiled objects, shock can spread still act like normal when shocking containers, amd extend stun time ore reset portion of damage cap on one or more enemies already coiled. 

6 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

"Make volt infinitely stunlock please" is all I see from most of these volt posts.

Are you serious? The most asked features I've seen all around the forum are just two: remove the damage cap on Discharge and remove both Speed Reduction and Energy per Meter from Current Shield. Who did even talk about infinite stunlock? 

In regards to the "energy per meter" ivara's prowl has it, and it's not even noticeable unless you mod badly. With speed, the funny thing is, a lot of the community SPECIFICALLY asked for it to be a pickup. Then whined when they got exactly what they wanted. I would bet this threw DE from listening to players in regards to specific things for specific abilities.

That isn't to say they don't listen, but rather they've opted to try and find other means of dealing with complaints. When your playerbase is going to complain either way, no point in giving them everything they want, since you're hek'd if you do, hek'd if you don't.

So far my idea for what speed could be changed to. Have it be a tap for self cast and hold for target cast, with the target cast having a small AoE effect similar to limbo's banish.

18 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

In regards to the "energy per meter" ivara's prowl has it, and it's not even noticeable unless you mod badly. With speed, the funny thing is, a lot of the community SPECIFICALLY asked for it to be a pickup. Then whined when they got exactly what they wanted. I would bet this threw DE from listening to players in regards to specific things for specific abilities.

That isn't to say they don't listen, but rather they've opted to try and find other means of dealing with complaints. When your playerbase is going to complain either way, no point in giving them everything they want, since you're hek'd if you do, hek'd if you don't.

So far my idea for what speed could be changed to. Have it be a tap for self cast and hold for target cast, with the target cast having a small AoE effect similar to limbo's banish.

Yet, you're forgetting a thing, Ivara is a stealth based frame, it's logical that a stealthy game mode should be slower than normal. And Volt is based on mobility and speed, punishing Volt for trying to do what it's meant to do is ridiculous. I don't know about that Speed issue, but were that to be the case the community surely had a reason, don't think so high of yourself and think the majority of the community is stupid.

And not listening to the requirements of the community has been a quite big issue of DE, not only now, but also with things like nullifiers and nerfs (Mag comes to my mind). Though it's true there will always be people that will complain for something and if that's annoying for DE, then DE'd have left Volt as it was, Discharge was at least useful for CC and such a minor upgrade for Current Shield. Both things were advertised as a big buff and ended up dissapointing the majority of Volt's players.

Edited by Alangme
Grammar and syntaxis correction