Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs Gunswords

Scarletmenace

It wouldn't work in terms of balance. It'd have to be worse at either in order to do both and it's already just better damage-wise to shoot someone instead of stab them, with the way melee weapons are at the moment (and boy do they fall off in the late game too)

I don't think the concept really fits into Warframe either, but that's just me.

Edited by Haids

never in history has there ever been an axe with an earthquake knock down yet here we are.

gunblades wouldn't fit tenno very well in my opinion but then again ogris doesn't either :/

Now you're just grasping at stuff that is only remotely related to the topic just to get a classic internet comments insult in. Nice try.

I'll be open minded and say this COULD add a entirely different type of gameplay. I won't be closed minded and say "this won't work cause of how the lore feels" I would say it's at least worth a look for DE. I think it could really add something. 

Thank you :)

Parkour,ninjas,clones,aliens,battlesuits,massive ships, alien infestations.

Sounds like a cool anime to me.

That also happened in silly Western and Sci-Fi movies.

Literally anything can be attributed to anime. There was a "Little Women" anime, and there are animes about lesbian sex. Anything goes.

On Topic:

Gunblades, straight up, would be a swing and a miss. They almost always are.

The problem is that they directly fuse two weapons, where as the Glaive and Kestrel have the option of throwing, and it works.

But you'd have to have a reload mechanic on your melee weapon, or a melee mechanic on your gun.

Unless, like others say, it uses a charge mechanic, in which it COULD work. But it would still be weird, as it wouldn't have a gunblade feel, it would the same as the Glaive and Kestrel, which would ruin it.

The niche that gunblades would fill, technically and mechanically, is so tiny that it got paved over by the Glaive. This is because of the instant draw and swing abilities that our melee has. It would only add a small touch of love from the FInal Fantasy "ninja r cul" crowd.

Combining the slots like that defies the overall gameplay's current attributes. It could see some light down the road, depending on what direction DE turns to (I honestly can't tell where they're going anymore).

I don't expect my idea to be completely "revolutionary". it could simply fill the slot of a melee weapon but have the charge range and power of a sniper or auto rifle.( like the glaive or krestel, but without travel time) I just think it would be a neat addition to warframe that would get a lot of heads turning

I don't expect my idea to be completely "revolutionary". it could simply fill the slot of a melee weapon but have the charge range and power of a sniper or auto rifle.( like the glaive or krestel, but without travel time) I just think it would be a neat addition to warframe that would get a lot of heads turning

Which would then make sniper rifles worthless in comparison, and quite possibly override many other guns. The whole point of the travel time on the Glaive and Kestrel is that it becomes a skillshot, making it so that you use it in conjunction with your guns, not as a substitute.

What? Did someone say that the Tenno cannot carry a heavy gun? Or swing an off-balance sword? Then why do we even have ranged weapons like the Gorgon or melee weapons like Reaper Prime around???

I find it extremely funny that you read half a discussion and decided to butt in with your asinine comments... The issue was NOT the Tenno's ability to handle such a weapon. The issue was said weapon's effectiveness.

Also, last time I checked the Gorgon is NOT a pistol, nor is the Reaper Prime a sword

I THINK I GOT IT! How about the gun blade takes up both the melee and primary slot. But each are differently modded. An example would be that you would attach rifle mods etc, to the primary section. While in the melee section you mod the blade part of the weapon! So basically the gun blade would have 2 modification areas, one for the blade and gun part while both being the same weapon :)

Well so far we got Four ideas with this...

1) Bayonette-style addition, with plenty of arguing over how realistic it'd be.

2) Animesque slash Final Fantasy style oversized whatever (only seems to be brought up by people saying no).

3) RWBY-style recoil-based melee weapons (brought up by me, at least referenced by others, but not in-depth).

4) A gun that shoots swords. Which then explode into more swords. Which then explode again. BECAUSE MISTER TORGUE SAID SO.

I'd totally be down for 4 BECAUSE.... REASONS!

3'd be a $#*(@ to implement but would probably get me to give them my first-born if it was implemented well.

2's just stupid as it wouldn't fit into this game in the first place.

And 1'd likely get added more for looks than for actual use, mostly because it just kinda doesn't fit with Space Ninjas (in my opinion).

2ihrqjb.jpg

I get the feeling that me and the OP are on two completely different pages here...

I @(*()$ LOVE MISTER TORGUE. Easilly one of the most entertaining characters from Borderlands 2. I mean seriously, how can you NOT love a guy who says things like "THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES! APPOLOGIZE!"

My first one had the prefix "Casual". Thought that was probably the best prefix possible to put in front of "SWORDSPLOSION!!!!"

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Just no, I don't want another Final Fantasy.

. Let me try to make this clear. I am not trying to bring final fantasy to warframe. Just because final fantasy is the hotspot for gunswords, it does not mean that everything gunsword related is tied to final fantasy. Also why can't you people be a little more open to this? I mean the idea of a gun sword being a hybrid of both weapons fits perfectly into my book in a game in which the Tenno are masters of both.

Also why can't you people be a little more open to this?

Because we don't bloody want it. Why do you think that we need some sort of a magical speech about how wonderful those abominations you want in the game are?

I would be perfectly okay with a bayonetted gun (I gotta agree with the anti-FF folks on the "no swords more than twice our size" thing) though I imagine from a gameplay standpoint they would have to make some major changes to how gun/swordplay works since melee weapons are completely seperate from guns, so I can't honestly say I can see this happening in this game (unless the bayonet was purely asthetic).

but it is a space-ninja-sci-fi-game-thingy, so it fits

That... Gives absolutely 0 reasons as to why it fits. If you honestly can't think of a single argument as to why it fits it, quit asking for it like a stubborn child.

Give my frame Squall's weapon and I'll follow you in battle even in hell.

I'm happy even with the standard one, doesn't have to be Lionheart.

Also, give my frame a lightsaber and I'll follow you in hell twice.

Also again, I like how people refers to "WE"..."WE DON'T WANT IT"....."WE SAID NO"....you..................who? The master race? The Old Gods? Lego creators? The others? I'm just curious.

Edited by siralextraffo

if you hand a knife and i had a spear i am pretty sure i would win due to my range and the fact i would be able to use 2 hands allowing me to apply more power,oh and not to mention alot of armed forces still use bayonets so i doubt they suck that much dues to the fact they are still around but ehh this is a game and if your dont like the ideas of a gunblade then i wouldnt like to here your opinion on the glavie ;)

this assumes your bayonet spear actually hits home. it is actually pretty easy to deflect a spear type weapon away from yourself, and into a wall, or the ground, where it will get stuck and become useless. 

not to mention i have a knife in my hand, and i can use the flat edge to deflect the spear away from me, and not even need to worry about hurting my hands doing it. 

being so far away from the damage end of the weapon gives your enemy a massive advantage of leverage to keep themselves safe.

especially since Tenno are superior warriors of the battlefield.

at the end of the day, if everyone wants to compromise on all fronts and have a 'jack of all trades' weapon that isn't even a jack, but is more like a 4 of all trades, let them have it. and then it'll be in the game, you'll use it, and complain that it does equal or less damage to a dagger, and the gun part is inaccurate, unwieldy, and has iffy stopping power. and then we'll just have more pointless complaints.

Edited by taiiat