Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey

aidan890

Just now, KIREEK said:

While i did the survey, it still doesn't address the real issues, such as bugs, transition to cetus and plains, crashes, out of visual memory and so on. I understand you guys rushed things only for 64 bit systems and for systems with decent specs to compensate for any potential memory leaks or lack of optimization.

I enjoy the plains, but can't play them due to random crashes or unsaved progress when entering cetus because i'm "out of visual memory" on min specs, this on a system that despite being old, can play the game at decent fps with mid to high settings, so not only do i sacrifice visuals to enter the plains, it still doesn't ensure me the cores from eidolons will be kept, so i have to play twice as much to compensate.

Doing bouties, that i can never do by myself as the transition from one area to the next crashes warframe.

This is actually a good point. Issues with performance and reliability were either not addressed, or folded into other measurements - like overall enjoyment.

Some players, including myself, have experienced enough collected bugginess or unreliable performance that it did begin creeping into our enjoyment of the plains. Just to use a single example, Exceptional Sentient Cores. The recent addition of map markers highlighted the fact that they can roll into deep water and be dumped out of the map - I watched the little icon fall and fall until it just disappeared entirely, and even viewing the entire plains map didn't reveal where it ended up.

This has been an ongoing issue for several weeks now, at least.

There's one section I want to elaborate on which is the mining section. My main issue with mining is that the resources are entirely governed by RNG which means that no matter how far you go in the plains, you will have the same odds of acquiring certain resources. I really dislike this because I was expecting it to be more discovery based like in Minecraft but because you can gain the same mining resources in any part of the plains, it doesn't feel as special as fishing. Another thing I want to bring up is why can't we trade ores for standing, especially when ore deposits spawn more commonly than gem deposits. Every time I sense a deposit and find out it's an ore deposit, I generally avoid it unless I really need a certain ore like Pyrol.

Glad you guys put this up. Gonna be honest: most of my responses were negative. I feel as though Plains is a very poor open world experience. DE could learn a lot from games like AC Origins, MGSV, and GR Wildlands imo, especially when it comes to traversal options (i.e. diverse vehicles), movement animations that make free roam more enjoyable, diverse wildlife with a heavy presence in the open world, NPC presence and movement throughout the open world, several factions being in the open world and the dynamic encounters that emerge from their interaction and opposition, dynamic missions, lighting, and overall immersion.

I feel i can't give the most important feedback for the plains that i need to give, which is how the amounts of the different resources needed are so incredibly vastly apart it's staggering. My Fersteel and Coprite Alloy are basically useless piles of trash, my devars are only worth converting into standing, while on the other hand i need to mine for AGES hoping i run into blue veins and then hoping for sentirum and nyth, which i need 30 of for the "arcane" sets.

It's just so out of proportion, im sitting on hundreds of quite literally unusable resources which have no use anywhere else in the game and i still have to run my head at a wall running infinite circles for the 100 wisps needed for an arcane set, or play the same bounty over and over and over for the 100 breaths of eidolon needed for some other sets, while simultaneously most mining materials are absolutely meaningless to me because i only ever used them on what felt like 2-3 zaw parts.

This disperity is hurting the experience the most. I don't even want to imagine what it would feel like having to collect those 100 wisps if i did not have a (PAID!!) resource booster active and a smeeta kavat trailing in behind my volt at lightning speed (ha ha)

In essence: If i could make any changes i'd have the breaths of eidolon be craftable in some way from the low ranking mining materials, i'd DEFINITELY amp up the ratio of sentient gems from the blue veins (or even introduce a third vein type only detectable with the tier 3 mining laser) and i'd reduce the amount of wisps and breaths needed to craft sets of usefull items.

The fact that i repeatedly ran the plague star bounty just to buy the sentient gems from nakak due to how sick i was of mining for them should speak volumes. All of this pointless running around for gems and wisps has genuinely hurt my enjoyment of the plains to a point where i no longer play out there and stick to classic missions instead unless i want some specific cetus item. Just because of how tired i got of running around the same 10 wisp spots over and over.

• Like 1

I would like to see this kind of feedback option more often, since I'm not willing to read through dozens of walls of text on the forum to see if my feedback has been mentioned plenty already.

Next time please add an empty text box so we can adress a thing or two that are personally very important to give feedback for.

Could we get a section to give comments about why we chose our answers? Or have feedback at the end about maybe "what we liked best/3 things we liked best" and "what we didn't like" about PoE.

I really wanted to say that I enjoyed PoE overall, but that the unbalanced resource grind makes me not want to do it, because it feels so unfair to keep getting resources that I don't need and have no use for, instead of the resources I need to progress. Looking at you, cetus wisps, mining resources, and rare fish. 

Just now, Chatman01 said:

I would like to see this kind of feedback option more often, since I'm not willing to read through dozens of walls of text on the forum to see if my feedback has been mentioned plenty already.

Next time please add an empty text box so we can adress a thing or two that are personally very important to give feedback for.

This, this right here. The questions are setup in such a way they flat out ignore/avoid certain things that are rather important to a lot of people.

Would be nice to see more of these in the future about other topics such as mission types, events/operations, etc.

I would personally be interested in survey about Warframe reworks/revisits (with one general page and one page per frame that has received a rework/revisit)

25 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Yep this was considered and is touched on in the description once you click the form. We are promoting it through many channels including in-game news so people who might not regularly visit the forums will still be aware.

The tone of my post came off wrong, I admit, but the point I was trying to make is that you have an existing feedback platform that is now invalidated due to switching to a survey method for feedback.

It just screams that there's no point in making a feedback topic, you guys aren't going to read it.  You're just going to make surveys now, and use questions that don't really capture your playerbases experiences, opinions and feedback.

In short, RIP Feedback section.

2 minutes ago, Chatman01 said:

Depends on the intention of the questions. like if you use the data just to make graphs then a text block is pretty much worthless. Random text kind of does not graph well unless you just sort by how much specific words repeat.

Can already see that this one was made purely for raw data to make graphs.

ok I have an issue with one of the questions... it's asking " Please rank the members of the Ostron Community in order of how valuable you believe they are to your experience. (1 for most valuable, 7 for least valuable) * "  I don't personally like the way operators are being forced on us but he's kind of have no choice but to use him if we want to do anything outside of focus and fashion frame with the operator so his importance to our experience would be pretty high if you look at why we use him. 

So how are we supposed to rank them, importance based on how much they're needed or importance based on how much we 'use them' in which case you can basically throw away the mining guy, the pet guy and now operation plague star is over the helmet girl once you got all their current bps. 

edit: just been through that survey and honestly the questions are kind of biased in the way we can respond.  There's no nuanced response available, for example I hate fighting the eidolons because we're forced into using the operator, which I don't want, but I likely wouldn't have an issue with if it didn't require us to use the unwanted operators but there's no way to put this across.  It asks about how much we enjoy fishing but that isn't going to take into account people who are experiencing issues with bait etc not spawning fish so it takes away the enjoyment... I used to enjoy fishing but the current situation where the fish don't spawn means that it's not enjoyable to me right now so I responded with a 'low number' ranking. 

There's also no feedback about archwing on the plains either...and well that is arguably one of the biggest things that needs some work doing to it on the plains to stop it being nothing more than a glorified taxi service.

While a survey might give charts you can quickly view, it likely isn't going to give you any detailed reasons and for me personally I'd have rather had a set of questions where you asked us to give 'short responses' to them, things like what do you like about fishing, what do you dislike about fishing or what do you like/dislike about archwing etc. 

At the very least a comment box would have been useful for each section seeing as it was split into topics already.

Edited by LSG501

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The tone of my post came off wrong, I admit, but the point I was trying to make is that you have an existing feedback platform that is now invalidated due to switching to a survey method for feedback.

It just screams that there's no point in making a feedback topic, you guys aren't going to read it.  You're just going to make surveys now, and use questions that don't really capture your playerbases experiences, opinions and feedback.

In short, RIP Feedback section.

When you want simple and easy to look at stats you want to gather data in a clear way. Both methods can work side by side you know.