Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey

aidan890

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The tone of my post came off wrong, I admit, but the point I was trying to make is that you have an existing feedback platform that is now invalidated due to switching to a survey method for feedback.

It just screams that there's no point in making a feedback topic, you guys aren't going to read it.  You're just going to make surveys now, and use questions that don't really capture your playerbases experiences, opinions and feedback.

In short, RIP Feedback section.

+ most of the times, in the Devstreams I keep hearing "the feedback posted on reddit, oh. there was a post on reddit, have you seen the reddit" Maybe is me but I do get a feeling that the feedback posted on the forums is mostly overlooked. :c

Glad I can finally submit some feedback.

Never was a big fan of Eidolon fights and felt like the operator mechanic was forcing players into things personally.

Suprised there isn't a feedback option for Operator changes / focus though, that would be a huge thing to ask in this update.

5 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

When you want simple and easy to look at stats you want to gather data in a clear way. Both methods can work side by side you know.

I know, but I honestly don't have any faith that DE will even attempt to make both work.

/shrug

DE has the ability to create surveys in forum posts as well as putting links in the in game news, but they're opting to go with an external site to make surveys. 

They used to gather feedback, create a hot topic thread with survey questions, and then guide discussion in the comments, but that was removed months ago.  So, no, I really don't think they're going to use both methods side by side - they did in the past and have opt'd to not do it any more.

Edited by MagPrime

While I did fill it out I feel that a series of questions with nothing more then a rating system of 1 to 10 for dislike/like will need more then just that to get any useful data out of it. A few textboxes tossed in at the bottom of each page to offer up reasons would have been nice.

Done 
about Fishing point at the when you reach last rank it's a bit too easy for me, 1 night in poe (glappid farm) = 2-3 week of standing point (around 200k - 400k point)

Mining is boring

for normal player after he get all zaws, there is nothing left to do in poe. 

also most of arcane are almost useless, (except hp regenerate arcane and infested arcane)

I'd like to comment on a few things:

• Please, make sure to fully understand and read correctly the answers we give you. To put an example, I valued Konzu, the Quills, Nakkak and the FIsher lady far more than pet, mining and zaw guys, because I feel that either, they have more character or bring much more to the table than the rest (yes, crerating weapons is cool, but you could do it all yourself at the Foundry and hardly notice a difference).
  • I feel a comment box here and there would have been appropiate. Many things in the survey could use a proper insight from our part, I feel. Off the top of my head I'd have liked it for Characters, Boss design and Bounty design and rewards.

Thanks for putting the survey together! :)

48 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

While I did fill it out I feel that a series of questions with nothing more then a rating system of 1 to 10 for dislike/like will need more then just that to get any useful data out of it. A few textboxes tossed in at the bottom of each page to offer up reasons would have been nice.

I think what they want here is massive amounts of digestible data so thats probably not an option. They could have added multiple choice questions that reflect common feedback though (or literally tell us: guys this is what we want to know design a survey that you feel can accurately reflect the communities opinion...)

Edited by catalyst22

@[DE]Aidan One more point. While you wanted this to bd a concise place to offer feedback, this doesnt tell you how to develop future landscapes. It just tells you what people like or dislike. You have a full feedback subforum for POE. Use it. I'll provide some here:

1) draw inspiration from AC Origins, GRW, and MGSV.

2) Have the primary focus of your open world be on the factions (Grineer, Corpus, civilian NPCs, rogue factions like bandits, etc), and not on some big Eidolon.

3) design the gameplay experience around free roam and traveling around, because that's where most of the fun of open world comes from. That means adding more types of vehicles.

4) Focus the experience on diverse gameplay options. Not just killing, capturing, and assassinating, but gathering Intel, using scanners as binoculars to identify targets (before you capture or assassinate), controlling sentinels and companions, using them as drones to recon areas, and chasing moving targets across the open world. And have objectives that make sense. Don't have us hijacking or chasing a random drone. Let us hijack enemy vehicles. Let us chase down enemy convoys. If we're taking down a Grineer power core or something, let it actually be a huge Grineer power core and not some tiny terminal.

5) Put civilian areas in the open world. This is absolutely crucial to an open world feeling like an immersive world. Do away with the relay as the gateway into the open world. Its unnecessary. We already have the tenno relays for social hubs. You can still have central hubs, but out them in the middle of the open world and makr them for the four-player squad, not for 50 players to socialize.

Have civilians moving around the open world and going about their business. If there's a central hub in the form of a market (like Cetus), then don't only have vendors. Have NPCs buying from these vendors. Make the world feel like it isn't meant for us, and like it runs on its own without us. That's how you make it feel like a world.

6) Fill your open world with wildlife. Don't just have a few birds, rodents, and fish. Fill it with wildlife. You should never go far without encountering numerous creatures. Have many larger mammalian and reptilian animals. Have many of them be hostile and aggressive. And then let us hunt them. That would make the experience of interacting with wildlife a dynamic, exciting experience.

7) In case I haven't said it clearly, deemphasize the big Eidolon-type boss. That should not be the main selling point of your open world. The Eidolon type bosses should be more of an event type thing. Take a look at how AC Origins handles their trials of the gods. The main selling point of your open worlds should be the dynamic, diverse, engaging gameplay experiences in an open world that feels alive, active, interactive, and immersive.

Please pass this on to the devs, because you're not going to get this kind of feedback often, and I say that from seeing feedback for POE over the course of the past few months.

Since there wasn't a comments section, I hope this is good here.  I really enjoy the plains, but we have a problem when there are multiple people on a map.  Sometimes, when the host leaves, it does the host migration and then kicks me back to my ship.  When this happens, I lose everything: standing, drops, fish, etc.  The host migration used to be a problem for the Dojo as well.  Can you apply the same fix to this?  It'd be nice if we didn't have to worry about host migration because someone wants to leave.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Other than this survey... I think the best way to learn from PoE is... through the Feedback & Bug Sections of PoE. Many valid concerns and problems can be found there.

I think the very foremost concern of the next open zone is... no transitional gates, it has caused major problems to many players. Secondly, please dramatically reduce the ram memory of the next open zone.

51 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Nice!

But if only there was a feedback sub-forum that was specifically for providing feedback on the plains, so that DE doesn't have to resort to online surveys to get viable and constructive feedback.

Surveys are actually a lot more useful. They provide actual statistics that can be used to make accurate assessments of the community's enjoyment and what parts need improving. Crawling through hundreds of forums pages to see disjointed, unorganized opinions that are not clear to an audience are not actually that helpful overall.

This of course relies on enough people taking the survey, but this is a problem shared by the forums as well.

1 minute ago, kyori said:

Other than this survey... I think the best way to learn from PoE is... through the Feedback & Bug Sections of PoE. Many valid concerns and problems can be found there.

I think the very foremost concern of the next open zone is... no transitional gates, it has caused major problems to many players. Secondly, please dramatically reduce the ram memory of the next open zone.

They need to do away with the 50-player social relay for open worlds. It's unnecessary. Just have hubs within the open world area for the four-player squad.

44 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

While i did the survey, it still doesn't address the real issues, such as bugs, transition to cetus and plains, crashes, out of visual memory and so on. I understand you guys rushed things only for 64 bit systems and for systems with decent specs to compensate for any potential memory leaks or lack of optimization.

I enjoy the plains, but can't play them due to random crashes or unsaved progress when entering cetus because i'm "out of visual memory" on min settings, this on a system that despite being old, can play the game at decent fps with mid to high settings, so not only do i sacrifice visuals to enter the plains, it still doesn't ensure me the cores from eidolons will be kept, so i have to play twice as much to compensate.

Doing bounties, that i can never do by myself as the transition from one area to the next crashes warframe.

While I get your issue, sadly I can't fully agree with you. If your getting visual mem issues, your asking DE To lessen the amount of physical content in the plains, which I personally feel would not be good. This would be best fitted to a general census of the type of hardware everyone is running, as this game, and all games, will only ever evolve into more and more. They have done a fair amount of optimization and while I'm sure they can still get more out of it, id say if your already having serious issues it's only going to get worse in time. Your best bet is to look into upgrading components or your computer system in whole. I recommend at least 8 gigs ram, windows 10 can easily eat 2-3 gigs on its own.

Not trying to be rude, just saying the water only gets deeper from here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SolidWulf said:

Surveys are actually a lot more useful. They provide actual statistics that can be used to make accurate assessments of the community's enjoyment and what parts need improving. Crawling through hundreds of forums pages to see disjointed, unorganized opinions that are not clear to an audience are not actually that helpful overall.

This of course relies on enough people taking the survey, but this is a problem shared by the forums as well.

Surveys can put things out of context which provides miss information.

For example (from this survey) the NPC question - I like interacting with the Fish lady, but only in the context of the interactions them self not with her actual functionality. The opposite is true for Onko.

I just completed the survey!

I feel that Angler Hai Luk is my most visited NPC by far and most useful. She helps 'get me ready for the big blue' and takes fish off my hands for standing.

The Mask Dealer and the Pet Dealer are my two least visited, as the mask dealer doesn't have enough items or stock to justify visiting him (her?) and the same with the pet dealer.

Old Man Suumbaht might be one of my favorites aside from Hai Luk. I think that he should take refined ore as standing as well as cut gems, but that is a personal opinion.

Konsu is necessary but I don't overall enjoy his character nor his . . . wife? The lady that stands next to him all day and all night. She needs a hobby or something else to do as she's wasted just standing there.

The quills are my least favorite. I just don't value the new focus 2.0 as I did the previous iteration. Nearly all schools are worth less to me than they were and Unairu seems to me to be the most viable to use, and only two skills from each tree are useable often enough to justify putting in focus to upgrade them.

The operator remains my least used feature of the game and is reserved to removing armor buffs from Stalker and Sentients.

Cetus really needs an overhaul in terms of body count. I feel that every time I visit Cetus is choked with other tenno and trying to bring up my arsenal for swapping weapons takes a minute. I also seem to be rerouted when I retuen to Cetus from rhe plains even when I selected an empty lobby. Perhaps limit tenno count to speed up fps until another path is finalized.

I keep getting attacked while fishing at night by sentients. I understand that the plains are dangerous, but I don't fully appreciate being blasted non-stop by the blue devils and their explosives especially when I'm running a weak frame!

The explosions they cause can kill me in roughly 2 hits depending on the frame I'm using (a max range radar Ivara) and I can only imagine the frustration newer players feel when they can't catch those sweet, sweet Karakinas at night!

Some other tenno have mentioned reentering cetus through the gates. I bite my nails when someone leaves hoping they don't trigger a host migration.

All in all, Eidolon is excellent however I think to be fully appreciated the NPCs should be spread out further to flush out the visitation of other areas around Cetus. As they are they are too close together. I can bullet jump from the Mask vendor to Hok and then to Hai Luk and to Suumbaht. Why not spread them out in the lower districts? 

Last item: Zaws. The crafting requirements and entry to the lower level blade parts are too high. Fersteel alloy is locked behind a steep wall for newer players. I feel bad that they can't use these weapons until far later. I think they should be more accessible all around. Perhaps tweak it so they don't wind up using the Zaw for every mission :p

Thanks!