Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey

aidan890

I LOVE THIS GAME! 

Overall i love this game been playing for like 10 months now, i play it on all platforms but main it on ps4. Im enjoying the PoE update adds a new perspective and feel to warframe, gives you more mobility than you already had, adds a sense of freedom, its fun $&*^ing around in the plains it gives the player more to explore and discover a world totally new to them. Free Roam is one of the best things to add to warframe, waiting on the next big update. 10/10 -IGN

also a few ideas to add to the Plains:

- add weather such as rain, wind (as ambient sound), thunder/lighting (maybe these can cause wild fires) etc. Maybe these specific elements can give warframes whose powers are based around them a buff. Im sure this will cause lag and issues of the games smoothness and stability(especially on 'low' end computers and on consoles) but DE can work around this issue, i'm sure of it.

- more variety in missions, expand on the bounties.

- do more events yielding good and profitable rewards based on skill and difficulty of the event.

- Operator specific missions/bounties, possibly based around MR and/or overall focus level.

- in Cetus, maybe there can be small, i would call them Towns Duties, missions to earn standing and the trust of the people of Cetus with these 'duties' yielding special rewards.

Thats a few ideas i had, if any other fellow Tenno have anything else to add, be my guest and expand on this post. Thanks to all and Keep up the great work DE.

Edited by (PS4)NeathMilton

Hey DE thanks for doing this survey.

I just wanted to say that the question about the various NPCs in Cetus is kind of misleading. On the previous page, it was 1-10 where 10 was "good" and 1 was "bad". However, on the NPC question, it's in the opposite order where 1 is "useful" (basically good) and 7 is "not useful" (basically bad). Therefore, if people skim the instructions and go based on the logic established on the previous page, say they wanted to mark Konzu as super useful (which I think he is) then they would accidentally pick 7 when they should be picking 1.

Just a thought. Plains of Eidolon was a great update overall, but I wish it was more integrated into core systems. You should strongly consider giving new frames and weapons some PoE resource requirements.

This was a well put together survey, however, there should have also been a small "notes" section at the end for further comments, ideas, complaints, or anything else on the players minds. Overall, my experience with the Plains has been mostly positive. I think it is very well put together, beautifully designed, and has a great feel to it. My only complaint with it involves the fishing and mining. There are to many patrols around for maximized enjoyment of the "non combat" capabilities involved within the Plains. The enemies awareness needs to be narrowed down a notch or two, or there needs to be fewer patrols near waterfront/cave zones. I find myself as well as a few of my friends complaining about the frequency and annoyance of the patrols when we are just trying to mine or fish. These are what I do in Warframe when I want to relax, and frequent combat breaks are more of an annoyance than anything else. Overall I give the Plains of Eidolon a fair 7.5 out of 10, and look forward to future free roam expansions in other "more difficult" locations. Thank you for your time and hard work! ~Zul

I'mma just admit I agree with what it seems a lot are saying about gems. Mining, no offense DE, it's a fun concept and the mini game isn't bad, but the rarity of them just sucks. I have noticed that Iridite and Grok-stuff drops much more in the harder bounties, maybe allow the harder bounties to differentiate between whats common/rare? Easy bounty PoE's could contain now-common stuff, with harder bounties being more common with the now-rare mining rewards. OR, just allow us to trade in mining mats either indirectly or directly for other mining mats. I don't need 200-300 corprite ore stuff, but I sure wouldn't mine sacrificing some for something shinier. Just food for thought, plus makes the mining shopkeeper be more useful. I would also recommend a ore rarity boost in cave mining.

Welp, read the post under mine... ArchSkywing... Heres My 2cent solution. Make archwing charges the exact same as they are now just without any clan research!
BUT! Allow clan Archwing research to disable the cost.
This allows people to stick with the 1 Iridite/grok/ (300/50 circuit) cost for normal charges, or pay a high price for the segment for your ship to produce them (aka, infinite fun skytimes, cause I use skywing a lot, I keep a constant 200 charges, and... it is by far only 'op' for travel, which I feel it is more necessary for anyway)

Edited by Eis_Katze
*My awesome spelling skillz *Forgot to mention something that's been irking me.

There was only a survey with no possible answer so here I go 

About Cetus hub

I do like the idea but for a first timer you should show player how to use "fast travel" many seem to missing that information , also being in many server make it like we're alone in cetus 

Overall NPC price : everything feel overpriced for the use they have 

Bounty reward , and mission : As you know your own game , it feel boring as I can guess what kind of quest I'm going to get ... 

->Defend this area 2 min

-> Defend this area for 2 min to open container

-> run 1500 meter + with a slow moving npc awsome?

For what ? trash reward I mean when you waste about 15-20 min to get 300 ENDO on bounty 5 final reward it is dissapoiting 

About fishing & mining : I do believe you can improve both of them very easy ! simply show in the map where to find them and when , the cost for mining is fine , but you have to run randomly to find them (even with the last tier mining tool) 

For fishing ... how to say this nicely.... This is farm fest and kinda boring , to make a bait you need many kind of fish ... 

Oh also I would greatly enjoy if we could just have an archwing launcher that we could call maybe every 30/60/90 (add more time at each death if you wish to) seconde but permanent it is boring to always have to call them and waste them just to go a bit faster 

About pricing and reward I think it is clearly bad , to get max amount of standing I need to come back every two hours ... it's not rewarding well , and stuff cost alot

Eidolon fight : I don't think we can call this fun , it's was fun first time but now with the "farm method" it is boring 

Most important finishing with this !! ==>  IT'S NOT FUN TO RUN 600 METERS OR MORE FOR EACH OBJECTIVE <==

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

This is why forum feedback is important.

PoE enemies go up to 80 eximus units + PoE enemies have different stats than those you meet on the star chart.

Thanks for the info/reminder

I could have sworn a while ago I saw level 80 units but I checked bounties a few times and only saw things up to 60.  I was out at night a few times not doing bounties and saw maybe level 30-40.  Wondered where the 80s went.  Though even the encounters with the 80s is kind of lowish at times with how crazy we can get.

Nothing on skywing?

Really?

I mean, in skywing I feel like I'm a clay pigeon that's more intent on eating resources that happens to keeps trying to face plant and generally flies like I've consumed all the beer in Cetus.

We're flying in atmosphere, so our movements should naturally have better inertial dampening (atmospheric drag yo), and the Archwing has powerful enough engines that it should be able to point in a direction and fly into a straight line until it hits the ceiling that should be MUCH HIGHER - especially considering that the mass of the Archwing weapons are not present, and those things have FAR more mass than our normal ground weapons ever will be.  In other words, skywing should have greater acceleration, being able to hover, and stupidly good motion dampening because skywing doesn't have to push the mass of the archwing weapons at the fast spacewing speeds so all that extra power can be put towards fine control and speed.  Factoring atmospheric drag with the increased power and control of the skywing, I full well expect skywing to be able to stop on a dime AND NOT DRIFT AT ALL.

We also need to get a widget from the Ostron at max rep that turns the beacons into an effective infinite use item like the widget for the Cephalon Simaris scanner thingies.

Edited by Almagnus1

I do not have a Google account to use, but I wanted to give my feedback anyway.

I rate this only about 5/10.  Open map felt nice until I realized it's just an instance like every other map.  I felt it was too boring grinding for reputation and rewards.  In the normal space ninja game, there's at least different maps and those are generated each time so it breaks up the monotony.

I liked fishing, probably the only game I can say that.  Good idea doing spear fishing and using the existing hit-box system!

I did not like mining, it was very hard to find nodes.  As you're rushing between objectives you see a node and stop everything.  Felt more negative than say finding loot or Cephalon thingy in normal maps.

I think it would be good to try and have more open maps similar to this, but put in tiles so they can be more randomly generated.

6 hours ago, Kinetos said:

Skywing conveniently left out of the survey entirely...

My biggest issues are with Skywing. 

no melee, no archwing weapons, ability range reduced by 95%, no vacuum range unlike in space making it next to impossible to pick things up unless your itzal. Grattler explosion range reduced to firecracker range  completely gimping the weapon because someone had to rebalance those damn heavy gunners >_>  flight height of 100 meters top causing you to plummet down if you fly over a valley from one of the hills (pretty high altitude differences for plains... ) melee use causes forced  unequip of archwing and why? because the bloody console controllers are running out of buttons. Can't you just make it that reusing  the gear module makes you drop out of archwing? magical grineer projectiles that drop you out of archwing same with blast procs and knockdown. If the grineer had projectiles like that the fomorian would be covered in them like a pincushion.....  if you use titania you can reach about 2  kilometers high. It's a waste of potential can't you just add a air spawn layer of aerial enemies for archwings and they only target people which are at least say 400 meters high in the air? that way you don't just have ground content but you'd have a excuse to add new air enemies and archwing content, like flying bases etc as breathing spots where you can land and loot / attack rather then nerfing archwings into a glorified taxi if your team doesn't have any decend nova's to do it better.

I'm glad that Grineer patrols/camps question popped up. It was definitely what annoys me the most out of the Plains. (Besides the hosting issues, but that's something that extends to the entire game)

Fishing and mining are way less enjoyable because of them. It's a huge inconvenience to stop fishing to shoot a patrol that decided to wander 500m to put me in their line of sight, especially since putting my spear away to attack means I have to wait for the fish to start spawning again. Then when I finish killing them, a Bolkor decides to sit itself down for a cup of tea and then I have to kill another squad. Void knows how many times this happens in a row until I can fish in peace again.

Honestly I had hoped that if campsites were cleared, they'd stay cleared for the rest of the instance. I realize now that might have been a mistake with regards to bounties and incursions but IMO there's no excuse for the patrols. There doesn't have to be a replacement-delivering Firbolg every single time I gun down a few Grineer. I wanted to run around a bit without always being in immediate danger.

While the survey was ok, I feel it needs some questions more broken up between function (how we use them) and form (the aesthetics and fitting the location).

Taking the NPCs "value" as an example, it would have been good to rate them separately for characterisation and function.  Some of them have great charcterisation but little function (like Nanak), while others not so much characterisation but useful functions (like the gem dealer).  So it will be hard to tell which part the "value" is accounting for.  Even Cetus, Terelyst and the plains themselves all have a variance on function and form.

Other questions were leading like rewards, they dont cover whether you feel they are too high or too low, just good or bad (are they bad because its too rewarding or not rewarding enough?), leaving you with fairly pointless information.

11 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

poe key art BANNER.png

Hey Tenno!

Now that Warframe’s largest update ever, “The Plains of Eidolon,” has been released to both PC and console Tenno, we wanted to give the community a concise method of giving feedback so that we know how to best develop future Open Zones!

You can find more information and the survey itself by clicking the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/nRO3PjI98CMiYuvj1

Thank you for taking the time to help make Warframe the best game it can be!

EDIT: The ranking system for the NPC question has been changed, you can not attribute the same ranking to multiple NPCs, and people that have previously submitted their results are now able to revise.

I'm sad there's no comment section on this @[DE]Aidan . It would be very useful since I feel like DE members might not read these comments enough. But here goes:

How much are you looking forward to future "Open Zones" in Warframe?

I wish this question had a VERY VERY VERY VERY EXCITED!!!

Do you feel that the difficulty/skill requirements for fighting Eidolon are fair for experienced players?

I answered this quite low BECAUSE, after a while, experienced players had 0 trouble with the eidolon's and they almost became a joke. They became very boring and repetitive. I think more eidolon's will definitely help with the monotony, but to make them less of a joke, I highly recommend making them more bullet spongey. In compleat honesty, invincibility stages are REALLY crap and need to be removed, but the problem is tenno are way too powerful with all our buffs and weapons. I think for bosses, to make them actually tough, you need to take the maximum damage a solo chroma with max strength could do in one shot of, let's say a marlok, and then multiply that number by maybe 30 for the eidolon, and that will be the new health value.

That way, at max strength, on a good shot, you would have to shoot the eidolon 30 times to take him down a stage. Otherwise, scaling in this game is crap. You guys don't really know how to make bosses hard, but I think just straight up increasing the health will fix all the problems instead of complex mechanics.

Is the multi-stage progression of the Eidolon fight beneficial to Warframe's boss design?

Yes... But again, from my comment above. Bosses should have MUCH higher health pools and no invincibility stages. Invincibility stages are just band-aids to poor scaling in a game. Increasing the health would draw out the boss fight, make them actually hard, and give meaning to insane strength builds that we would normally not use.

4 minutes ago, Arniox said:

I answered this quite low BECAUSE, after a while, experienced players had 0 trouble with the eidolon's and they almost became a joke. They became very boring and repetitive. I think more eidolon's will definitely help with the monotony, but to make them less of a joke, I highly recommend making them more bullet spongey. In compleat honesty, invincibility stages are REALLY crap and need to be removed, but the problem is tenno are way too powerful with all our buffs and weapons. I think for bosses, to make them actually tough, you need to take the maximum damage a solo chroma with max strength could do in one shot of, let's say a marlok, and then multiply that number by maybe 30 for the eidolon, and that will be the new health value.

That way, at max strength, on a good shot, you would have to shoot the eidolon 30 times to take him down a stage. Otherwise, scaling in this game is crap. You guys don't really know how to make bosses hard, but I think just straight up increasing the health will fix all the problems instead of complex mechanics.

Just no.  You are essentially designing a boss that can only be fought with chroma (or 4).  And if not chroma, suffer 30 minutes of bullet sponge for what we know would be a garbage reward we need 100 of.  If the boss drops 20k kuva or 10k endo or a fully set of prime stuff then maybe but other wise no one will do it more than once.  No one has the time for that given we still want to farm the rest of Warframe proper, the plains, the raids, the sortie, the invasions, the syndicate missions, fissure missions etc.

54 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Just no.  You are essentially designing a boss that can only be fought with chroma (or 4).  And if not chroma, suffer 30 minutes of bullet sponge for what we know would be a garbage reward we need 100 of.  If the boss drops 20k kuva or 10k endo or a fully set of prime stuff then maybe but other wise no one will do it more than once.  No one has the time for that given we still want to farm the rest of Warframe proper, the plains, the raids, the sortie, the invasions, the syndicate missions, fissure missions etc.

See, I actually forgot to comment the single MOST important thing about my idea. 

The bosses HAVE to drop extremely worth while drops. And, secondly, the drops have to be unique and infrequently used otherwise your artificially extending the grind. 

An example of a reward you wouldn't want droped is 2k kuva, or a rare mod or even a warframe part. The reason is because it takes too long to kill one eidolon for a crap reward. But if an eidolon droped something like 30k kuva, or a super rare mod drop like primed chamber on a 0.2% drop chance, or maybe a chance to drop vaulted prime parts, then it would be worth it. 

Again, for my idea to work, and for bosses to actually be hard, DE needs to make massive health pools, but for that to work, you need to have a reward worth the much longer time investment. 

Edited by Arniox

Rather disappointed with the spread of questions available; you shouldn't even need player feedback for at least half of them.

Master Teasonai and Nakak are pretty useless once you have (or don't care) about what they offer.

Bounties are widely criticized for lack of sufficient reward relative to time invested (even post-loot buff) and horrible objective variety.

The biggest and loudest criticism of the update was how poorly integrated all the resources are, and almost everyone can agree that while Cetus looks neat the bazillion other players you never care about lagging everything up makes it a chore to go into town. (Seriously, give us locally hosted private instances.)

And of course, all the more sensitive stuff like the vestigial Skywing and Quills grind are left largely unmentioned.

While completing the survey, I constantly came across questions where a simple 1-10 rating can't properly express my opinion or was totally irrelevant to the question.  Each question should have a comment section specifically for this reason.  And since one is not provided, I'm placing mine here.

Overall, how much do you enjoy the Plains of Eidolon?  7.  I don't know what it is about MMO's and fishing, but it's just fun.  The changes to the focus system are disappointing.

Overall, how well is Plains of Eidolon integrated into the rest of Warframe's existing content?  2.  There is very little to explain what is preventing the Grineer from overrunning the Ostron (Is it the Quills?  If so, how?).  How are the Ostron related to the Grineer/Corpus?  Why have the forests of Earth not reclaimed the plains?  Since Hunhow was able to revive so easily, what is preventing the plain's sentients from doing the same?

How much are you looking forward to future "Open Zones" in Warframe?  5.  First, let's address the issues with PoE.

-----

Overall, how much do you enjoy Cetus as a hub for the Plains of Eidolon?  1.  No matter what it is you do in PoE, you ALWAYS have to go back to Cetus to claim loot.  I know this is a consequence of the mission loot/reward system.  There should be multiple "safe" areas within PoE to trigger the "mission complete" and collection of loot.  Also being able to "call" Konzu while in the plains to take on a new bounty would save alot of wasted travel time.

Please rank the members of the Ostron Community in order of how valuable you believe they are to your experience.

Fisher Hai-Luk:  2.  60% of my Ostron standing comes from Hai-Luk.

Old Man Suumbaat:  4.  I started mining late and only really use it to build Zaws.

Nakak:  5.  Aside from the Zaw parts from Plague Star, the only reason I talk to Nakak is to hear a child say "nibble on termite crap".

Konzu:  1.  Bounties.  Just wish I could do bounties to earn Quill standing too.

Hok:  3.  Although Zaws are essentially mastery fodder, Hok's insults are funny. 

Master Teasonai:  6.  Got feral kavat skin in case I make another kavat, but disappointed I can't take my condroc out of its cage. 

Quill Onkko:  7.  Even with the trade increase, Quill standing is too bothersome to obtain.

How would you rank the experience of navigating through Cetus?  1.  Thank goodness fast travel was finally added.

Are the variety of resources and items available through Cetus beneficial to Warframe?  3.  Zaws are underwhelming.  Can't gain enough standing to construct Amps.

-----

Overall, how much do you enjoy completing Bounties?  4.  Bounties get repetitive after a while and traveling to/from Cetus is quite annoying (even with archwing).

Do you feel that Bounties reward a fair amount of Standing given the time and skill requirements?  5.  There's no bonus for doing a bounty solo.

Do you feel that the item rewards offered by Bounties are fair given the time and skill requirements?  5.  RNG plays too big of a factor.  Giving us a choice of [reward 1] [reward 2] [bonus standing] could address this.  Tier 1 and 2 bounty rewards are a little too "low end".

Do you feel that each Bounty has an appropriate level of gameplay variety?  5.  I think the bigger issue is tier 4 and 5 bounties are so long they can't help but feel repetitive.  Adding an infiltration or evade/escape objectives would also add a little variability.

-----

Overall, how much do you enjoy fishing?  8.  Most of my time on PoE has been spent fishing.  However, the yellow light reflecting off the water at night makes no sense.

Do you feel that the resource requirements for fishing equipment are fair?  9.  Once you understand how and when to use bait, the resource costs are reasonable.

Do you feel that the resource and standing rewards for Fishing are fair?  8.  The amount of resources should increase with the size of the fish.

Do you feel that the fishing gameplay mechanics are intuitive/easy to pick up?  9.  I made a few incorrect assumptions.

-----

Overall, how much do you enjoy mining?  7.  Probably would be better if I had a drawing tablet.

Do you feel that the resource requirements for mining equipment are fair?  6.  The standing costs are a little high, but at least the blueprints are reusable.

Do you feel that the resource and Standing rewards for mining are fair?  7.  Never used mining for standing.

Do you feel that the mining gameplay mechanics are intuitive/easy to pick up?  9.  Longer lasting outline for low tier deposits would be helpful.

-----

Overall, how much do you enjoy fighting Eidolons?  1!  I HATE using my operator to fight.  I hate invincible bosses.  I hate getting one-shot'ed.  I hate vomvalysts.  And I hate magnetic procs.

Do you feel that the difficulty/skill requirements for fighting Eidolon are fair for experienced players?  1.  In three honest attempts, we only managed to drop its shields once.

Do the Eidolon fighting gameplay mechanics require a balanced level of strategy/planning?  1.  Eidolon makes Law of Retribution look like an Earth exterminate mission.

Is the multi-stage progression of the Eidolon fight beneficial to Warframe's boss design?  5 (should be blank).  Vor, Sargus Ruk, Tyl Regor, Kela De Thaym, and Lephantos are all "multi-stage progression" bosses.  Eidolon isn't the first, so this question is a mute point.

-----

Do you enjoy the scanning of hidden glass fish to uncover Ostron lore?  5.  I haven't looked at any of the fish lore.

Do you feel that the plants and animals of the Plains of Eidolon create a compelling environment?  8.  They do help, but I'm drawn more to geographic features.

Do you feel that the placement of Grineer patrols and camps is well implemented?  8.  Some of the camps feel like they should be in slightly better strategic spots, but moving them would put them too far or too close to other camps.

Do you feel that the difficulty scaling of Grineer enemies progresses fairly throughout the Plains of Eidolon?  9.  Tier 5 bounty seems a little too high.

How long have you been playing Warframe?  2+ years.

IF you could like... reduce the hp of the bombing ships, or if a player is doing a solo mission they don't show up. They are incredibly annoyign and ALWAYS seem to show up for the defense bounty mode thing. I groan every time I see one. They are just not fun to play against outside of arcwing and take a long time to kill otherwise.

The questions are worded terribly in this survey, and will lead to poor results.

Do you feel that the difficulty/skill requirements for fighting Eidolon are fair for experienced players?

How are you supposed to answer that? If i say no, its not fair.... the assumption is that its too difficult, when the reality is its entirely too easy. Its unfair for the eidolon! But if i say its very fair, then you assume its perfect and continue to make bad design choices.

Half the questions are like this with no option to provide details. This survey is almost completely useless.

53 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

The questions are worded terribly in this survey, and will lead to poor results.

How are you supposed to answer that? If i say no, its not fair.... the assumption is that its too difficult, when the reality is its entirely too easy. Its unfair for the eidolon! But if i say its very fair, then you assume its perfect and continue to make bad design choices.

Half the questions are like this with no option to provide details. This survey is almost completely useless.

agree with you mate.

they are not even trying in survey, i also wish to add actual feedback for them.

Surveys are always difficult unless you really design the questions well and these questions are not designed well. This survey will give you "information" that is not correct. I found the questions difficult to answer because they didn't ask straightforward things.

3 - I am not at all looking forward to open zones because I think POE is badly implemented. The plains themselves are not bad, and not a bad idea, but if many of the problems with POE are corrected future zones could be great. So While I had to answer that I'm not looking forward to new zones, that's not really true.

5 - ranking the people gives you nothing. I hate fishing, so the fishing person gives me nothing, but to a fisher the person is very useful, on the other hand i'm forced to fish, so technically i need the person, so really their "value" is a poor rating. The fisher is valuable, because i get the things i need, while i loath the fact that I need her.... So rating her highly is misleading, and rating her low is misleading. The Zaw guy could be replaced by a console in the orbiter, so again, value is meaningless. I need a way to make zaws (which again i think are a poor idea that is not needed for other reasons) but it doesn't have to be a guy a cetus.  Ditto for most of the people.

7 the variety of resources doesn't matter as much as how you obtain them. Fishing/mining/crates, with none dropped from killing is a divergence from normal warframe. Adding in ten new resources that dropped from people, is very different than what POE is. Again, the question is impossible to answer in that case. Saying the variety is bad means you don't want ten new resources, saying that it is good for WF means you approve of how all the new resources are obtained. Neither is true.

21 - If I say the "difficulty" of fighting eidlons is "fair" for experienced players it means i like it where it is, if I say it is "unfair" then you would conclude I think it is too hard. There is no way to communicate "unfair but too easy". difficulty of fighting eidlons should be on a "too easy" vs "too hard" scale. with 5 being "just right".

22 - same issue as 21, should be too much planning vs not enough planning. Answers here don't give you any real information.

I won't break down any more examples, but the survey has to be taken with a grain of salt, answers are going to vary widely based on how the person reads the question. The feedback forums feel like a much better place to get information on what players think of than a quick survey.

A little feedback since there was no option on the survey.

Quantitative questions are great. They produce good, easy to compile data that translates really well into visual representations like graphs. I completely get that, and I support it. I think you guys probably used a google for this survey mostly because of how you want to use the data afterwards, and exporting it from the forums might be more of a hassle than just making the survey in google to begin with. However, an abundant amount of what I'm reading in feedback here is people wanting qualitative questions in addition to quantitative ones. In the future, having at least one wrap up question (maybe even one wrap up question per page) of "Why did you provide the answers you did?" for example, would be really helpful and provide context for people's answers. Also an "Other: (Please provide your answer)" option would be really useful on certain questions when ranking things. For example, ask people why they ranked the NPCs how they did. Did they rank them by how much they like them, how useful they are, how many times they visit them, etc.?

Also, I am a bit disappointed Archwing wasn't mentioned on the survey. It's been by far the most lackluster portion of the plains, if only because most Archwing abilities end up next to useless in actual combat (probably to keep them from being OP) and even if you're running an Amesha with damage negation, you can get knocked out of the sky at any time just because certain projectiles don't have to damage you, just hit you, to eject you from Archwing. I was really looking forward to the idea of sniping from an Archwing to support allies on the ground, but the projectiles that can hit you and just remove you from your Archwing if you're not moving ALL THE TIME make that next to impossible. As it stands, there's no reason to pick one Archwing over another for use on the Plains except movement, which is really disappointing. Archwings are already kind of a niche gameplay option, and having some good reason and way to stay in them and use them on the Plains for more than just mobility would add some needed diversity and utility to them. Right now, the only two options for Archwing use outside of their own missions are Sharkwing, which is tortuously slow and clunky compared to its counterparts, and PoE, which gives no real use to them outside of mobility. In the future, I'd love to see more of an option for PoE Archwing. Perhaps make the Grineer ships weak to Archwing abilities to both negate some of the frustration of destroying them, and giving Archwings a better niche to fill in games.

A small quality of life adjustment Archwings also needed on the plains is for the flying height to be determined at one flat elevation instead of by distance from the ground. Right now, flying forces you to contour your path to the ground because the game is determining the height you're flying at based on where it is in relation, which constantly changes. Having a set "sea level" that determines your overall elevation as you fly would make flying less of a roller coaster, and smooth out those long trips from the back of the map to Cetus.

Lastly, there still needs to be more of a link between the resources in Cetus and the Plains and the rest of the star chart. As it is, most all of the things you need to rank up in Cetus you can't get anywhere but the plains, and the vast majority of resources you get on the Plains aren't usable anywhere but Cetus. This leads to a big disconnect, and the feeling that playing on the Plains isn't getting you anywhere in the game as whole. Right now, the rest of the star chart all feels pretty cohesive. No matter what you're doing, you get the impression that drops of resources you don't need now can be used elsewhere down the road, and aren't just trash. Everything you obtain feels useful. This doesn't carry over well in the Cetus economy. Except in crafting refined ores, you won't be asked for common drops from the rest of the star chart to accomplish things in Cetus, and outside of Cetus things like Fish Oil (which seems to be the most needed thing there) have no value at all. This makes the ecosystem of PoE versus the rest of the game feel really disjointed and isolated. Playing PoE feels like you're not actually progressing in any meaningful way within the larger scope of the game, and the larger scope of the game has little to no influence on PoE. This disjoint is really weird since the rest of the game all feels fit together so well. Perhaps adding some normal resource drops into Sacrifices to rank up in Cetus would be a way to help this, but it's going to take a lot more than that. I kind of hope that these resources will end up a bit like Oxium. It wasn't used in much to begin with, but as time passed it became more useful and players didn't feel like they had huge stacks of it in storage for nothing. Cetus needs to feel like a proper part of the rest of the game and that playing it is offering more progression than just within its own limited ecosystem.

Edited by Jeahanne