Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey

aidan890

One section, the one about NPCs, asks you to rank them 1 to 7 with 1 being most beneficial and 7 being least. Many people, myself included, are used to the opposite being true (that whatever is on the right counts as the higher ranking). As such, I accidentally answered it backward and had to go back and fix it (because who reads instructions thoroughly, right?). I worry that many others may have done the same but not noticed they'd done so and thus never fixed it.

That is, I worry the survey may have faulty results due to presentation.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb MagPrime:

I've made a couple posts about it.

Since I doubt you'll go looking for them; integrate the survey system with the forums.  They did it once upon a time and removed it for some reason. 

I like the Survey specifically because it's outside of the Forum and integrated into the game. This means they're trying to reach as many players as possible, not everyone visits the Forum regularly or opens threads here, so them looking for a broader variety of Feedback and -mostly- some actual stats is good not bad. 

one of the mayor problem i find in plains/cetus actually, what do u do when u get all items from all npcs max reputacion and so ?.. no point to run bountys for nothing valuable atm.
What abouth make some exchange from cetus rep to quills rep 25k cetus = 1 k quills? or get some items for outside of cetus/plains part? dont know.. something to motivated ppl to keep running that wonderfull map.

I answered the questions on the survey. I just have one question to ask.

Will the corpus be integrated in the plains of eidolon somehow? I mean yes I'm aware that there might be a corpus themed free roam area in a future update, but I'm talking about on the plains. It could be like an event like you did with the infestation or having secret corpus bases or something.

I'm going to go ahead and give feedback on the two of my answers here. I marked fishing mechanics as not very intuitive and Grineer camps and patrols as not well implemented for specific reasons. On the part of fishing the fishing, hotspots are extremely non obvious and extraordinarily inconsistent. Judging by the fact that bait floats on the surface of water the game knows when bait is in the water, you don't need the hotspots. They just make it too easy for a new fisherman to waste bait with absolutely no explanation. Not to mention their spawning and whether they even work can be wonky depending on whether a player is host or client. It's infuriating. My problem with the Grineer has nothing to do with their camps, just their patrols. The patrols are constant harassment during the day. If Plains during day is supposed to be new player friendly, I have no clue how they're supposed to do anything aside from bounties because a day on the plains usually amounts to constantly fighting Grineer. Since the Teralyst is so easily avoided, it was far easier to fish and mine at night. That said I haven't been on the Plains since Plague Star ended, but if there are still infested running around everywhere at all times of day, then not even night may be safe for new players anymore.

How much you want to bet the one thing most ppl are going to say is that the mining sucks.

I still dont have enough to progress past 50 pyrol or other level of faction, but have literally hundreds of gems and the other minerals. If the scanner had a map overlay of "regions of x y z minerals then not so much of a problem.

Also like thy did with the thislepods, have them be in certain areas.

And would it kill the devs to put in a resource exchange in a relay? many of us have millions of any particular resource except save argon (half life resources were a bad idea) and no possible way to spend them. i would gladly trade in a lot of that crap which still represents a significant amount of time for some of these new resources. this used to be a game of combat and alot more freedom to do what YOU wanted to do instead of what the devs force you to do so you can do what you want. now more and more im seeing the devs gave up on that and have opted for the longest most mind numbing grinds as new content. its not even new stuff.

So do the devs i ask this. What prevents you from having a resource exchange?

make the resources 1000 to one, dont care, just dont make it so i can only switch one goddamned thig every 12 needless and more mindnumbing hours so i can do it again and after a week of this needless time sink be able to have what i need. Or barring that, let us run multiple s of the same thing. what you are doing is needless, and frustrating. I dont pay for frustrating i pay for being entertained.

STOP IT, you think this will drive sales? no it will drive more people away, where are your sales then?

I have been a huge supporter of this game in terms of playtime and financial contributions and I can say after my return that i would be hard pressed to pay more until we the players see some damned convenience for one, and not another nickle and dime scheme that almost serves our needs, provided we spend 100000 goddmned hours to wait for it. We have millions of certain resources and that should satisfy our qualification that we spent hours being bored to tears grinding and yet nothing we can do with that vast amount. If you really have to re-invent the wheel for every update because you think its not a failed idea that you keep beating like the dead horse that it in fact is fine.For every needless new resource you come up with make a @(*()$ exchange for the ones we cant do anything with..maybe you wont have to keep reinventing everything in a hopes of getting new players or old ones to return. you might not lose them in the first place

1 : I would like to see PLAINS of eidolon all I see is the hills of grindolon

in geography, a plain is a flat, sweeping landmass that generally does not change much in elevation. Plains occur as lowlands along the bottoms of valleys or on the doorsteps of mountains, as coastal plains, and as plateaus or uplands

2: you completely forgot to mention archwing's in any form in the survey, -95% range is way too harsh, either balance archwings properly or don't insult them by reducing them into a glorified taxi that can't use it's own weapons and get's magically disabled by "archwing disabler projectiles" as you so neatly called them. What especially pissed people off "me included" is that the heavy gunner runs around with a frigging grattler but we can't even use the tinsiest archwing weapon. They get magically pulled to the ground if you get above 100 or so meters so when you fly over a river which goes back to the whole ELEVATION thing, you suddenly drop drastically in height wondering what the hell is going on.  And it's not even gravity either, gravity doesn't pull stronger and stronger the longer you stay over a specific height, instead you get straight down acceleration the longer you stay over the "height limit" resulting in that if you boost straight up with afterburner you actually end up crashing on the ground as your acceleration is completly disabled until your below the 100 meters again due to being inside the downward pull influence sphere rather then you know, reaching a point where the reduced efficiency of air breathing engines (which they aren't) can no longer exceed the the pull of gravity and reduces in a maximum ceiling height. 

3. I said it before but the space above is wasted, titania showed it is quite spacey , at least a kilometer in height, this was a missed opportunity to experiment with atmospheric air combat by populating areas above a certain height with air enemies which only attack archwings and ignore anything below 200 meters to avoid them bombing the on foot players. Add to that some smaller floating stations to explore and fight in and you would have had the perfect proto environment for the venus floating stations. Instead you once again decided to kick archwings in the balls reducing them to a glorified taxi added pretty much just for trailer effects. Did I mention the whole consumable thing is silly to the bone? I absolutely LOVE unlocking the same thing over and over and getting a more gimped weakened version each time. 

On 12/1/2017 at 8:17 AM, [DE]Aidan said:

poe key art BANNER.png

Hey Tenno!

Now that Warframe’s largest update ever, “The Plains of Eidolon,” has been released to both PC and console Tenno, we wanted to give the community a concise method of giving feedback so that we know how to best develop future Open Zones!

You can find more information and the survey itself by clicking the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/nRO3PjI98CMiYuvj1

Thank you for taking the time to help make Warframe the best game it can be!

EDIT: The ranking system for the NPC question has been changed, you can not attribute the same ranking to multiple NPCs, and people that have previously submitted their results are now able to revise.

I was hoping to give feed back  on quill, but wasn't in the survey.

I think the survey is needs a options "Do you think the survey gives a fair assessment of your review" There is much i'd like to say about the questions asked, and the survey doesn't allow me to express reasons for it, any changes towards the game based on the survey may not be what i think can be constructive to the game. I think that that biased opinion may influence it instead of practical and constructive considerations

On 12/1/2017 at 5:19 PM, MagPrime said:

But if only there was a feedback sub-forum that was specifically for providing feedback on the plains, so that DE doesn't have to resort to online surveys to get viable and constructive feedback.

Surveys like this are better at analysing statistically because they are assigned numerical values. The forum is much more qualitative than quantitative. It's a good Idea to do both and I personally hope that they do this with most updates.

6 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Surveys like this are better at analysing statistically because they are assigned numerical values. The forum is much more qualitative than quantitative. It's a good Idea to do both and I personally hope that they do this with most updates.

Further back in the thread, I actually say that.  Please read more than just the first dozen responses.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, Airwolfen said:

When you want simple and easy to look at stats you want to gather data in a clear way. Both methods can work side by side you know.

~~7 pages later~~

The survey asks me what "value" I place on different Cetus NPCs. What is meant by "value"? Is DE asking how much I appreciate them as characters? Or how critical their functions are to what I'm doing in the Plains? Since the meaning is unclear, I have to guess. If I'm wrong, DE gets completely different information than they intended, and will never know my real answers. This is a problem with almost every survey I have taken.

Feedback posts can be long and aimless, even inflammatory. People fail to communicate their true feelings and reasons. Especially young people. It can be difficult to remain objective when reading a post from someone who clearly doesn't understand why they're playing your game. They may even unintentionally bias you severely against an idea, which is what I think happened with UniVac (there was internal conflict over Steve's inclusion of a simple 3m UniVac). There's a lot of room for abuse on both sides of the relationship.

Surveys allow no back-and-forth, and rely on the surveyor's ability to express clear meaning with no room for interpretation. Feedback posts mostly boil down to aimless rants rehashing the same talking points with less and less context over time.

Neither method is perfect. I don't know which is healthier for a game. @MagPrime's concerns may be well-placed. Only time will tell.

how can i honestly evaluate the value each of these vendors add to the game when their sole purpose for existence is so obviously contrived? theyre equally useless so i rated them all a 1. then i read the comments and found out that 1 was actually most useful and 7 was useless, defying the conventions set forth in the rest of the survey which had 7 as good and 1 as bad. so i had to go back and edit it.

and now im finding out that i was actually supposed to rank them, why even allow the user to select the same rating if it wasnt an acceptable answer?

how about we get another tab in navigation for plains bounties, and an ostron and quills standing tab in the syndicates section of the orbiter, put all the related blueprints and stuff in the market with everything else and get rid of all those useless npc's. or leave them in cetus for lore, should someone be interested in that sort of thing.

and please maintain a consistent format when your making your survey, and maybe even extend that consistency to the actual game, such that new game elements work in a way that is expected and logical in context to the established rules.

Filled survey, but like many has already pointed out, words are better feedback than poll number, so i shall add more here.

1. Archwing. This was great chance to make archwing fluid addition to game, instead being its own game mode or sharkwing, wich is still sadly best of these 3, despite its slowness. Why? Well in plains we cant use archwing weapons(yet heavy gunner is walking with one what?!) archwing abilities are severely nerfed and you get so easily dropped its unreal, one hellion can drop you from ridiciously far away and that way prevent you even use it for transport. Solution? Give us archwing its in full glory with own weapons. There is really no reason not to, as you have AA guns in grineer camps and well ogmas are flying around not to mention grineer heavy transport. Remove whole projectile knock out from archwing, let us choose when we drop out archwing and simply if our health drops zero while in archwing we go down or die if solo.

2. Wildlife. Little bit lacking, why there isnt wild kubrows running around and some variation of desert skates? Point is in order to

make open area more alive its needs lots more well living things.

3. Eidalon fight. While i mostly enjoy this, i have to say forced operator segments are chore and quite painful. This is simply because operator thing despite my massive dislike for whole thing, operator gameplay is really really bad for honest. Its like Z-grade 3rd Person shooter game, only lacking some unintentionally funny things what Z-grade 3rd Person shooter Has. I get it, you want to make it so ppl cant just take their strongest gun and powerful frame and one shot it, wich i agree is not good. However, this could have been far better executed if you would had to use specific item(cheap and fast crafted item mind you) to dent its shields or archwing powers and weaponry. Operator gameplay is way too cluncky to Be forced gameplay. Also i feel like conclyst and battlalysts should appear in this fight as well.

4. Nighttime. This was supposed to Be time when its "too dangerous for new player to explore or Any player to farm" yet nighttime is actually most safe time to farm, teralyst can Be completely avoided and little eidalons is also easy to avoid. While in daytime i can get caught by grineer patrol while fishing and Then All the sudden there is army after me. During day, i have  much

higher chance to die than night. Add other sentients to patrol plains to make truly dangerous.

5.NPCs. Beast master and mask girl are totally worthless after event or when stock is depleted. They need extra functions, for example lets remove whole forma thing from our pets, instead of forma, if we want to add extra polarities to our pets we need take it for beast master and "gild" it for price of standing and X resource, also let us give him pets we dont want for standing, amount standing given depends on pets maturity, levels and if reactor is installed.

there is more to add but i think this gone long enough for now, i add more later.

7 hours ago, (PS4)SofeSNBR said:

Filled survey, but like many has already pointed out, words are better feedback than poll number, so i shall add more here.

1. Archwing. This was great chance to make archwing fluid addition to game, instead being its own game mode or sharkwing, wich is still sadly best of these 3, despite its slowness. Why? Well in plains we cant use archwing weapons(yet heavy gunner is walking with one what?!) archwing abilities are severely nerfed and you get so easily dropped its unreal, one hellion can drop you from ridiciously far away and that way prevent you even use it for transport. Solution? Give us archwing its in full glory with own weapons. There is really no reason not to, as you have AA guns in grineer camps and well ogmas are flying around not to mention grineer heavy transport. Remove whole projectile knock out from archwing, let us choose when we drop out archwing and simply if our health drops zero while in archwing we go down or die if solo.

2. Wildlife. Little bit lacking, why there isnt wild kubrows running around and some variation of desert skates? Point is in order to

make open area more alive its needs lots more well living things.

3. Eidalon fight. While i mostly enjoy this, i have to say forced operator segments are chore and quite painful. This is simply because operator thing despite my massive dislike for whole thing, operator gameplay is really really bad for honest. Its like Z-grade 3rd Person shooter game, only lacking some unintentionally funny things what Z-grade 3rd Person shooter Has. I get it, you want to make it so ppl cant just take their strongest gun and powerful frame and one shot it, wich i agree is not good. However, this could have been far better executed if you would had to use specific item(cheap and fast crafted item mind you) to dent its shields or archwing powers and weaponry. Operator gameplay is way too cluncky to Be forced gameplay. Also i feel like conclyst and battlalysts should appear in this fight as well.

4. Nighttime. This was supposed to Be time when its "too dangerous for new player to explore or Any player to farm" yet nighttime is actually most safe time to farm, teralyst can Be completely avoided and little eidalons is also easy to avoid. While in daytime i can get caught by grineer patrol while fishing and Then All the sudden there is army after me. During day, i have  much

higher chance to die than night. Add other sentients to patrol plains to make truly dangerous.

5.NPCs. Beast master and mask girl are totally worthless after event or when stock is depleted. They need extra functions, for example lets remove whole forma thing from our pets, instead of forma, if we want to add extra polarities to our pets we need take it for beast master and "gild" it for price of standing and X resource, also let us give him pets we dont want for standing, amount standing given depends on pets maturity, levels and if reactor is installed.

there is more to add but i think this gone long enough for now, i add more later.

I agree with a lot that you said:

1. Archwing in its current state is useless for engaging in battle and is about as durable as a wet piece of paper towel. Tried to use Itzal "Cosmic Crush" to pick up energy orbs while in the plans and it didn't work, and as you mentioned the abilities that do work are nerfed.

2. This is also a good point because now that I think of it wildlife is almost none existent in the plains.

3. Although I think the Eidolon Teralyst is a nice addition to PoE... I do not like the fact that I'm forced to fight it numerous times, and on top of that obtain god knows how many Sentient Cores in order to rank up the Quills standing... and I refuse to do it as stands. If I could have it my way I would prefer that Cetus has just one "Standing" through Konzu, and let the Teralyst fight be another way to add to that standing.

5. Agreed... the only reason I even visit the kid in the mask is for the event, and other NPC to buy skins for my companions. But giving the Beast Master a more useful function is definitely needed.

These survey sshould be put in the actual game itself :) imho. Like how blade and soul implemented surveys.

Also i want to expand on some of my answers.

• We need a wider FOV option for Cetus as i felt sick.

Do the Eidolon fighting gameplay mechanics require a balanced level of strategy/planning?

• I wouldnt call it balanced because the fight is too long for a solo/2man to take down. Its incredibly draining and repetitive. (maybe its different if maxed amps but i'll never know because that grind wall.

Do you feel that the resource and standing rewards for Fishing are fair? +applies to mining too

• I like the idea but its implemented in an very annoying way which motivates me to ignore it altogether. Too many resources and all these resource blueprints? Too many things to keep track of. The feeling of annoyance is compounded by the randomness of the resources of mining and fishing.
Edited by CarrotSalad
fixed up some bad alignment

PoE is overall enjoyable but its really taxing for mid to low spec pc/laptop,one of the thing that discourage me for playing it anymore after i got my tier one amp is:
1.The loading time from PoE to Cetus and vice versa,it took me 5 min to 15 minute to load one way
2.constant lagspike,if not just lagging in general, both in cetus and PoE,one time it freeze for a solid 5 second,sometimes it even crash
i run other node in all low but turning on element fx,no lag whatsoever

BTW, I'm pretty sure many, many people (including myself until someone pointed it out) ranked the vendors in the opposite way the survey asks you to. It's very counter-intuitive that 1 is best and 7 is worst.

Not that I understand the question anyway. "How valuable you believe they are to your experience", you may want to choose less ambiguous language for a survey, this and many other questions could be interpreted very differently.

Either way I gave Konzu the worst possible score (7..?) because bounties are total crap zero reward defence missions. This alone makes the plains an excruciatingly tedious and worthless experience.

I feel some pf the questions need further elaboration.

IE: Do you feel Cetus prpvides resources beneficial to Warframe?

(What do you mean by this exactly?)

Additionally,

"Do the Plants & Animals bring life/aid the plains experience?" Question...

There aren't enough plants or animals to comment fairly.

The Grineer are more frequent than wildlife. Which is sort of a shame.

So I'm not sure if I should vote a low score because animals are few & far between. Or vote high because their existence (while rare) does help.

I rated the NPCs the opposite way too.

About mining, I'm happy with mining mechanics, and standing rewards from mining, but i'm very dissapointed by the amount of grind required to get the rare gems required to craft a full arcane set.

Rare gems should start appearing from T2 cutter, and have increased probability chance and quantity with the T3 cutter. I've more that 150 azurite and veridos and just 5-6 sentirum and Nyth because of that stupid and hidden game mechanic.

Other aspects of the plains i'm not happy with:

-Not being able to choose the enemy spawn levels from star chart
-The iradite grind required to craft archwing launchers
-The hidden mechanics behind capturing the eidolon. Onko should have more messages when you're not capturing the eidolon properly and he scapes...
- Grindolon, we know waframe is about grinding, and we're fine with it, but Plains added just too much grinding in too many aspects, grind for standing with the ostrons to get the tools to grind for fish and minerals that need to be grinded to craft zaws and arcanes, so that you can grind for sentient cores more effectively to grind for quills standing, and grind for eidolon shards more effectively, so that you can grind more focus. Not to mention that now you need to grind for 4 lenses argon and a forma (cmon, remove that forma from the recipe) to craft a greater lens that you need for eidolon lenses... 

Edited by DoctorPelusa