Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey

aidan890

Very good to have a way for telling how players think about a part of the game.

Ist should include a part for gameplay-mechanics: My BIG problem is the fact, that you can't pause solo-games.

I bet, this is a problem for almost everyone who has a job and a family.

And: I can easily imagine several easy ways to solve the prob. For example you could do ist just like that:

If you pause (perhaps possible only in certain peaceful regions of eidolon), day and night go on cycling.

No, it wolud not be completely logical consistency - BUT: DE never cared about logical consistency before... (Day/Night-Cycles on Earth, general popping in and out of missions...)

Sorry, if this was said before. I think it can't be said often enough, because it ruins my gaming exeperience with warframe altogether.

POE - AFTER SURVEY FEEDBACK
FYI: I am a high MR player and have been playing Warframe for well over a year now (cof cof 'check the gliph' cof cof)

I do enjoy the Plains of Eidolon. But I feel they are not well integrated because of the unique resources and the unique standing you can only get there. However, I am very looking forward to more "open-spaces" (e.g. Eris).

I enjoy Cetus. Fishing and minning are useful because we need those resources. Nakak is not useful, because he only has cosmetics and there are other/better ways to get affinity. Konzu and Quill are valuable because of Standing farming. Hok is valuable for weapons and everyone wants that MR. Teosai is not that useful (but still more than Nakak) because people DO play with pets and people enjoy cosmetics.
Navigating thru Cetus is not easy because all shops look the same (same colors, same materials, no point(s) of reference). Also, in my opinion the resources and material are NOT beneficial to Warframe because they are only useful to Cetus and because they add an extra layer of grinding that exponentials the time spent in-game (I already spend a LOT of time there), some of them completly redundant like get 10 cristals to build... 10 cristals(?).

I do enjoy bounties. The multi-mission mission is like a sortie or LOR, so its ok. The standing earned is also ok (following tradition of other Sindicates I believe). However the variety of missions (altough good) is detrimental to the time invested, and ence the rewards we get. Because we don't have a discription or list of the missions ahead (like in Sorties), we cannot properly prepare for them and in 4/5 part bountie we migh end up spending 30-45 minutes in there. When we though it would only take 10-15 minutes. And ALSO because we don't have a crest/regalia from any Sindicate in Cetus and (Konzu and Onkon have their backs turned for some reason) we CANNOT win standing doing anything else except those particular missions (I hope you change this in the future).

I do not enjoy fishing, it is too much time consuming (please create an App for it). The requirements are an issue because of all the bait to buy and build. Gameplay is easy. Also, because the resources are a direct link to the time invested, I would say they are ok. However, stading is not. I think it is very low.

I actually enjoy minning because I can EXPLORE. However, it has the same problem as fishing: time consuming (please build an app for that too) and low Standing rewarded. Gameplay is a bit tricky because it took me some time to realise that the Nosam had a radar with distance and everything. In the beguinning I just look for the red and blue craks on the rocks (funn but true).

I do and do not enjoy fighting the Eidolon. Like I said I am a high MR player but (once again) it took wiki and youtube to actually explain how to do it. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE fighting big bosses (like Lephantis), I have mix feelings with the Eidolon because (with the exception of the Brilliant Shard) I only get stuff... To fight the Eidolon... AGAIN! It does require a good level of planning and strategy (and I like that) but (unlike the Lephanktis) it is NOT something all frames can do. So many players (specially new ones) have the doors closed to it and aren't even allowed to participate. With the introduction of the "Bigalyst" I think you should make this Eidolon more aproachable to those players, and I would enjoy some casual-killing now and then.

I like the fauna and flora, more please. I love scanning fish because EXPLORATION is my thing. However, those Grinners...Argh! It is not the placement of camps or scalling that bothers me, it is the aggression they display. They will LITERALLY run after you thru the ENTIRE plain (I know, I tested it). Anyone trying to just fish or minne will be very annoyed, to say the least.

So, this is my feedback. Hope it helps.

Also, feel free to read these others feedback for POE I submited a while back:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/882129-poe-and-my-problems-with-it/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/885946-poe-and-more-issues-i-have-with-it/

[EDIT: re-did the survey and gave it a lower satisfaction score because the more I play POE the less I like it. Standing reward on minning and fishing is very low (altough I have limited time, I can pretty much reach the daily cap with ANY other sindicates but never with Ostron or Quills), and the "back-and-forth" for resources is ridiculous.]

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666
Increased disatisfaction

Glad you made a survey DE - Text answers are great and all but I would imagine the workload behind reading everyone's "commentary" would be insane, so thanks for coming up with a method of getting all our input in a way you can actually use. 

I would however suggest a focus group or beta testers (grab randoms from the community - in different countries ideally) to test future Plains of Eidolon type updates. There are so many issues with something that had potential to be epic. Everything from arbitrary bugs, connection failures and the poor planning regarding core pickups/icons could have been resolved with a months testing using a group of whiney 12 year olds across the globe.

Ok so I filled out the survey but I struggled to have it actually match my feelings about the PoE expansion. There are things I enjoy and things I do not, mostly because they have other factors influencing them. Do I enjoy fishing. Well, I kind of did until the Event came along at which point it was so bloody frustrating that I just gave up. If I have to fish, (and I do in order to get my standing daily) I find I get frustrated by a few things. I hate that I'm just trying to fish and constantly (usually right after, finding a "Hot Spot" using a dye pack and throwing out a bait) get attacked by the Grineer or even worse, the ever spawning Infested. I tried fishing as Ivara, but of course the enemy all know where I am anyway and get in the bloody way! I hate how during the night cycle that hot spots may not appear at all at the double lake or other similar areas, or if they do, they disappear shortly after I find them. I don't like throwing out 9 bait for Murkrays and only getting two fish to spawn and one despawns as soon as I catch the other. I don't like that the majority of the fish I need to catch all spawn at night and then I have to choose to go after the Teralyst or go fishing. Oh and PLEASE, give me a way to know which spear I'm using so I don't think I need to switch to the already equipped version and end up shooting my shotgun at the damn fish! lol. 

I don't enjoy trying to draw patterns that disappear while trying to not have my controller suddenly jerk significantly one way or another because of the placement or angle of the minerals I can see them from covers faces of more than one rock. I'm sure it, like many other mechanics are much easier with keyboard and mouse. I also don't like that even with the advanced cutter, the drop rate for the rarer rocks is so low. I gave up even trying to get resources for arcanes. I don't and have never done the raid so have no arcanes and guess I won't have any here either. 

I do love the scenery. I think the Plains are a visual treat and believe you guys did an amazing job on them. I wish the map was smaller so I could see the whole thing, that there was a North indicator so directing people to areas was easier, and that Cetus had an indicator on the mini map and main map! It gets challenging trying to find your way back for people who are directionally challenged and that is apparently a lot of people.

The NPC's need to shut the heck up! They loop the same dialogue over and over and over until I was once again forced to just turn it all off. I want Lotus to not tell me the same things in all missions and want a switch to just shut her off for all things in all tilesets, not just the Plains! I'm not picking on Space Mom, but how many times does anyone need to be told im nearing the area and if I set off an alarm yadda yadda, yadda.... or I need to collect reactant etc... maybe after a few times she should just never say it again! Maybe NPC's can have a one time or an occasional dialogue and the rest of the time, if they need to speak, maybe just a Hi Tenno, and a Thank You Tenno. I think when dialogue is done for games, the Devs don't think about just how often you have to hear it and just how much of annoyance it is. I turned off Ordis a long time ago and would like to do the same with all repeating dialogue  same with the Event in POE  I don't want to listen to the same long winded dialogue every time I take the bounty for Plague Star.  Oh and Plague Star was just plain tedious.. I got so many copies of the mods and then there was no other reason to do it after I'd filed my gold statue in the Dojo.. maybe dropping Gara parts would have been a good idea!

Entering and exiting from Cetus on console is just painful. It takes soooooooooooo long and while I understand that consoles have issues for you guys, well I'd rather just go back to my ship. Go to Cetus only if I have to and it would make it easier. Trying to fight Teralysts multiple times in a night cycle is stressful because of the minutes lost having to go back to Cetus and then back out and of course, getting kicked.... OFTEN! It's actually been better with the Plague Star event because you had to lower the number of players in each instance, better, but still sooooo slow...

I get totally lost in Cetus. I just fast travel to whoever I want to go to and then leave. It's probably because of the insanely low frame rate and glitching while everything renders on consoles, but I find the whole layout confusing as hell. 

Do I want more open areas? Yep. Do I want them to be better or more involving... you bet. Do I do bounties... not much anymore. Even with the higher quantity of rewards from the recent change, which is MUCH of an improvement, I still haven't gotten a full set of Gara, I have never gotten any of the Eidolon lenses and have enough of one mod to wallpaper my Lisset, (inside and out) while having gotten none of the rarer mods from bounties. I hate certain of the bounties and while I get that it's a huge open area, I don't want to have to go 600 meters this way and then 900 another and then 1200 another and on and on. It's not fun. I always thought that huge distances were involved on a tileset for no reason other than you could, but this is so much worse. I want to do a bounty and be done. I don't know what the bounty will require and so don't know what frame to bring. I don't enjoy being bombarded from the air by a gun ship. The Warframes don't look over their heads easily. I freaking hate those alarm drones. They take too long for me to locate , and get their flares off before I can find them about 75%. of the time. I also hate, really hate using my arch wing on the Plains. Give me level flight with a roll button if I have to roll from incoming projectiles, although on Amesha I just hit my decoy and fly on. I love Titania on the plains and I get that she shouldn't be as fast on her arcwhing, but sheesh, she's so slow! She isn't on normal missions but the scale of distance makes her painful, but I still use her because her archwinf is so much better to fly than the full on archwing is.

Sorry I wasnt planning on writing a novel, but I guess I needed to vent. 

Thanks

Edited by (XB1)GryffsDeadCorps
Added detail, fixed spelling.

Would have liked a section to give feedback on rewards for fighting eidolons. There's still a lot that can be improved with the Quills and amps. (Most notably that the power of amps does not reflect the work put into getting them)

Edited by Perekta

This misses the mark on the one thing i hate about the eidolon boss fight: the lures. The lures are dumb. Their AI is buggy, they die too easily. Lures should teleport to players like hostages and not slowly walk accross terrain getting stuck on anything and everything. They can fly FFS. Why can't they cross the lake???? Why do they get stuck on mountains?

• 3 weeks later...

I think there should be questions about Quills standing gain, zaws, amps, eidolon core drop rates/values (all of which were core parts of PoE that were not asked about at all), and a comment box either on each question or at the end of the survey.  Not all of those questions fit nicely into the 1-10 ranking system you've set up, and I feel like that will lead to misinterpretations of the responses.  For instance, I didn't even know that there were glass fish that could be scanned for lore, so I ranked that 5.  I don't know how you guys would interpret that response, though - you might think I didn't care, or that I think it isn't particularly good or particularly bad, when both interpretations are wrong.  The question about the animals and whether they were compelling or not - what does that mean?  You made one land animal and one bird.  If, by compelling, you mean, is there enough variety there, then no, absolutely not.  If, by compelling, you mean "do they look like they belong in the environment?", then sure.  Also, I wasn't sure how to respond to the question about Eidolon strategy.  I solo them, so there really isn't any strategy involved - I just do what is required of me to kill the thing.

After playing Destiny 2 over the holidays. It's given me a clear perspective at how badly PoE has been designed. Really PoE shouldnt have a micro economy.

Things PoE Should have:

• Unlimited free use of archwing launchers
  • Archwing weapons
  • Archwings that arent 1 hit k/o'd
  • Ability to hijack enemy vehicles (Including airborn units)
  • an aircraft hanger for the grineer
  • A proper boss base where grineer will launcher troop and military operations (hangers, flight vehicle deployments).

My open world experience in Destiny 2 is much more satisfying and fun than it is in Warframe. Looking at the 2 in competition PoE  just cant compete i cant even see myself doing PoE or any other open world map in warframe ever again because Destiny 2 executes it so much better.