Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foliage Option

-BKB-SamuarJoe

how to turn this off? it is really laggy ok plains and earth tileset due to 'extra' processing movement grass
my FPS dropped half from typical mission 55 fps
where can i find setting to disable this? this make me don't want to play Teralyst or Bounty :sad: 

Edited by SamuarJoe

5 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

It's actually not that bad/laggy if you have a really good PC. However, I think they could have the option to turn the foliage movement down/off. You could also lower the graphics settings. That usually helps also.. 

The thing is though with the grass is that it's super optimized.

The grass is being rendered in big blocks as a single 3d texture with a little animation. The grass is probably the most optimized in any game. That unfortunately gives it an unreal effect, but the grass shouldn't be that much of a problem unless your computer is really bad. 

I would suggest turning all your settings way down, including graphics. Graphics on a low ram GPU can massively impact fps. Turning down the resolution should also massively help 

Edited by Arniox

1 hour ago, DarthBane1 said:

That's why I said the movement down. Not the foliage itself. It would make hunting grineer WAY to easy if you could just turn it off. 

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

The thing is though with the grass is that it's super optimized.

The grass is being rendered in big blocks as a single 3d texture with a little animation. The grass is probably the most optimized in any game. That unfortunately gives it an unreal effect, but the grass shouldn't be that much of a problem unless your computer is really bad. 

I would suggest turning all your settings way down, including graphics. Graphics on a low ram GPU can massively impact fps. Turning down the resolution should also massively help 

i'm already down setting, with all set off and low
right now doing mission that is not plains or earth is always 60 fps (50 if heavily dense population)
while in plains or earth i do get about 25~30 fps (14 if they call reinforcement)
any ideas improve this? wish could remove foliage and grass

3 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Pffffff. A cheat? This is Warframe, not PUBG. Foliage stuff like that only matters in PVP games.

agreed, this is PvE where, Mob able to scan and hit you even you're in 200m away from them with tall grass obstructing view
even conclave don't have foliage thigy :thinking:

Edited by SamuarJoe

28 minutes ago, Naftal said:

It still removes an aspect from the game. Cheat is cheat regardless who you're playing against.

Yeah, no. That would only apply if the foliage was added purposely to add cover for enemies. It's not. It's to make the Plains look like not a flat patch of dirt. But you are free to believe what you wish. It's still not cheating.

1 hour ago, SamuarJoe said:

i'm already down setting, with all set off and low
right now doing mission that is not plains or earth is always 60 fps (50 if heavily dense population)
while in plains or earth i do get about 25~30 fps (14 if they call reinforcement)
any ideas improve this? wish could remove foliage and grass

Hmm. The foliage and grass really won't be affecting you. It may be the higher resolution graphics they use for plains and earth. You'll probably get low fps I'm other reworked tilesets as well. 

I get the same. A generally high FPS, anywhere from 60-200 in normal tilesets, but earth, ceres, and the kuva fortress all drop my fps in public to 40 or 50.

You could try turn the dynamic resolution down. If you've already done that, reduce the display resolution even more. So warframe is playing in a smaller window. 

Otherwise, you could try a fresh install of windows and dig around to close and Uninstall any background running applications. 

There's not much you can do except upgrade. If you can turn everything down and plat at a smaller window and get at least 30 fps in the plains, then that's better. But I highly suggest upgrading. If you plan to do it soon, then just ignore the plains for now. They're not super important, nor relavent to the game.