Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fix the Simulacrum

(PSN)Boomstickman98

So personally, my friends and I dislike the Simulacrum because of various reasons. In my case, I dislike it because the player has to pay a large amount of standing to receive the key to the sanctuary, which is then only used to test out builds the player currently owns against enemies they could easily fight in the world naturally. Although it is nice to test your builds out against certain enemies, the point is rendered moot if one takes into consideration that players can just easily encounter most of the enemies. 

What I personally would like to see from the Simulacrum would honestly be something akin to a rent-a-mod set up, where you can test mods that you do not own with weapons and frames you do or do not own. This would also allow the player to test various builds to see what build is best for their play style for each weapon/frame in addition to how displaying many formas the weapon/frame would need and what polarities, assuming higher costing mods as a priority. Upon leaving the simulacrum of course, the mods rented will be lost to the player, encouraging the player to go focus their effort on getting those mods.

I think this would make the Simulacrum just more used in general.

14 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

Only thing I want to changed for simulacrum is have access to it directly from my orbiter XD

11 hours ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

That would be nice too, yeah.

10 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Agreed 100%

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously.  Obnoxious timesinks are obnoxious and not respectful of our time.  You don't need more bs mechanics to for player retention and active/login time.  Since we can't upgrade mods in the Sim, would be best if we could just access it from our ship.  Its not cute or more immersive having to go to a relay, take the elevator, go up to the simaris area, and go to the sim every time.

I would just like a map that didn't have deletion chasms. Damn near no maps and tilesets we play on or anything close to this. It is so aggravating to have mobs fly off into infinity or get deleted due to falling off the map when this barely happens in real actual play.

2 hours ago, Terrornaut said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously.  Obnoxious timesinks are obnoxious and not respectful of our time.  You don't need more bs mechanics to for player retention and active/login time.  Since we can't upgrade mods in the Sim, would be best if we could just access it from our ship.  Its not cute or more immersive having to go to a relay, take the elevator, go up to the simaris area, and go to the sim every time.

I would just like a map that didn't have deletion chasms. Damn near no maps and tilesets we play on or anything close to this. It is so aggravating to have mobs fly off into infinity or get deleted due to falling off the map when this barely happens in real actual play.

I can see that. While I do agree that the simulacrum is very unneeded currently, I personally feel that people could very much benefit from having an opportunity to test out mods that a player does not own. As for the mods themselves, I would propose that rented mods will always be max rank for the duration of use in the sim. As for accessibility, we do have an unused area in the orbiter still that could be used. There is no reason to just forego using something that the developers put so much work into after all.

The thing I want more than the ability to test mods I do not own is the ability to test build that goes beyond my current mod capacity.

It's very obnoxious that I have to put a sh*t ton of Formas to test a specific build on a weapon and then realise it's not as good as I though it could be... Goodbye beloved Formas *snif*

Edited by Galehann

2 minutes ago, Galehann said:

The thing I want more than the ability to test mods I do not own is the ability to test build that goes beyond my current mod capacity.

It's very obnoxious that I have to put a sh*t ton of Formas to test a specific build on a weapon and then realise it's not as good as I though it could be... Goodbye beloved Formas *snif*

which i had actually mentioned in my original post, haha. Second to last line in the second paragraph