Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Operator lines

Lekkur

We all know them. Sometimes we hate them, sometimes we love them. Those lines that our operator shoots in every now and again while we are on some mission. My personal favorite being "If we don't alert them, this might be easier". Even more so since I am a Survival enthusiast. Tho that is basically the core of the issue in my opinion. The operator lines are either hilariously unfitting or plainly irrelevant. Nothing our Operator says or does is in any way or form significant to our playthrough or experience. They are just noise on the side of the mission which can be irritating at times if you are on comms with your teammates or listen to some podcast(Tenno Clock etc.) in the background.

So here I wanna also mention that the concept of the Operator being the second person to always be present in our missions is not a bad idea. It would feel good to establish the whole Operator/frame link thing a bit more. Although where it falls flat is simply that none of the lines the Operator can say is really that interesting. They hardly come up in relation to where we are and barely to what we are doing. And I feel it is a major missed opportunity, because those throwaway lines could be used major ways for us to do proper world building instead. In relation to that, extra Creditz made a great video of the same issue just in Destiny.

I, of course, don't really know the surrounding production of those lines and if they were a last minute addition or anything like that, but now they are out for a while. Tomorrow it's celebrating its celebrating The Second Birthday. I think it is time that they get a good look, because we could learn so much more through the lense of our Operator. When we are going to Ceres our Operator remember something about that place. Or they might make an observation that is not entirely obvious. There are stories that could be told. Or Lotus and the Operator could have more of a conversation, something that only happens in Quests and that is honestly a bit of a pity. Let us build up a relationship with Space Mom! Those choices could be influenced by how our choices went along in The War Within and other quests like it. 

TL;DR: Please redo the operator voice lines. If you stop us from being mute at least make it so we are in some way connected to the world and have us engage more with what is going on around us. Otherwise you are losing a bit part of story telling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2.12.2017 at 1:59 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

Because the phrases were vocalized monotonously and i hated the unwanted and sometimes badly fitting dialogues.
They were just not fitting to the actual gameplay for me.

Exactly why I'm advocating for DE to revise them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally my hope is that they'll tie the voice lines into your alignment one day.

And install some sort of filter that limits what and when our Operator says. "We fight with honor" during a backstab animation on an unsuspecting Crewman feels somewhat out of place.