Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe voices?

(XBOX)EX NEVEC EDN 3

28 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

They won't have voices outside of roars.

I wouldn't say wont as an absolute. Our current warframes can not speak most likely because they are basic possibly mindless flesh golems. But i wouldnt put it past the umbras being able to talk for it looks like they might be warframes without an operator. So hope could be put out for those to be able to speak, maybe not once we control them but before hand.

Edited by Ramflax

10 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

I wouldn't say wont as an absolute. Our current warframes can not speak most likely because they are basic possibly mindless flesh golems. But i wouldnt put it past the umbras being able to talk for it looks like they might be warframes without an operator. So hope could be put out for those to be able to speak, maybe not once we control them but before hand.

I don't think it's been hinted at by DE, has it?

@JSharpie @Ramflax let us not forget the fact that warframes are able to communicate with other characters when talking to them on relays and Cetus (is Cetus considered a relay?). I mean, I'd really like to doubt warframes use sign language, not to mention other characters understanding it.

Edited by MrM1

37 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

@JSharpie @Ramflax let us not forget the fact that warframes are able to communicate with other characters when talking to them on relays and Cetus (is Cetus considered a relay?).

Spoiler

No, that's not at all accurate. The operator controls every function of the Warframe. It is the operator that is speaking through the Warframe. Warframes are nothing more than void controlled puppets. I cannot think of a single Warframe that has "spoken" in this franchise that wasn't being controlled / occupied by a sentient being. Said beings include those that have yet to be named and possibly have no physical form of their own. ALSO, it's worth pointing out that ghosts / souls are canon in Warframe, as can be seen on Lua or by references to void "demon" possession. If the speculation in regards to Umbra is correct, I highly doubt Umbra are Warframes that have gained sentience. Instead, they've been taken over by ghosts / void beings. With that said, in regards to the OP, we already have voice overs for Warframes in the form of the operators controlling them...

Edited by Painzer