Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re: Tenno Shotgun

NebbyOtt

I am not one to usuly gush over sound design, I was always the guy who turned off music, and really didn't care about sound at all, just that it was there and it sounded like the thing it was suppose to be. Then i started playing Warframe, and I started caring about the sound design of weapons. But never in all my days did i ever enjoy a sound as much as i did when i heard the second layer (and on) of that gun's sound. Hoh. Lee. ****. You really did record god himself closing his car door. I think above all else, i love those loose metal sounds, god i love it. and just the pure explosive power of it! Wow!

My only concern is, what is this going to sound like in a small room or a tight corridor? Outside it REALLY sounded like you were firing a shotgun outside, but for the last two layers, the last one specifically seemed to focus on this, the echo sounded baked, so it would sound like that in any environment, unless Warframe is set up to just have that style of echo in the planes in which case well done, but if there's that huge outdoorsy reverb in the normal game, it would be kind of immersion breaking, I really have high hopes for the echos and trailing of this gun, really the first time i've ever cared about sound design so much, keep up the good work guys!

God those loose metal "Mech" sounds are amazing.

If I recall correctly, every weapon fired in the plains has that trailer sound effect, to make it sound like it's reverberating off of distant hills/objects.
In tight-in corridors, I've almost never heard this follow-up. But in the plains I hear it on almost every weapon I use.

And like you, I'm super excited for this shotty as well.
Sounds awesome.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy