Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Variants - slightly different approach

Perhelion

Recently I was playing Ratz Instagib 2.0 (which is great btw) and it made me to think again about variants in conclave. The idea of having balanced game sounds pretty good to me, also it would reduce toxicity a bit and salt overload ...  

After each round ppl would have a chance to vote on:

Instagib:
- vactis mode
- lex mode
- bow mode
- opticor mode

Track the target:
- Karak mode
- Flux mode

Melee:
- don't use it much personally ... For sure something nice can be here

Explosion:
- penta? 

In all scenarios the same weapon, the same warfrmes health, no mods, no ammo pick up, no spawn time. In tracking mode mag size could be bigger and warframes health to increase TTK. 

To me it sounds like some good fun :) 

Edit:

Also after every match ppl could have a chance to vote for next mode from two modes randomly choose by the game. After match there would be next two modes available to choose from (not available in previous round). This could make variant mode to be more populated. Ppl that dont like opticor eventually would play vectis or bow etc ... 
Edited by Perhelion

15 hours ago, --Q--DragonSkllzz said:

So using variant modes in the same way as maps? This could actually work... Just add quick steel to the list please, it was so much fun.

Exactly, like we have maps atm. 

heh, just dreaming while awake, I would really enjoy something like this. Atm I'm tired of all that salt, anger, broken melee, plasmors, ability spam ... Variants would take away some of this mess.