[DE]Aidan

PSA: [PC] Upcoming Changes to Gara's "Mass Vitrify" (Bonus Volt Info)

Will the new mass vitrify also scale accordingly in the same manner as snow globe?

by this I mean the extra health gained in the “setup” phase from enemy attacks.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade
  • Upvote 27
  • Applause 3

Will the ability still be dependent on duration mods?

Edited by Burre.png
Rephrasing
  • Upvote 9

Will you also change the description so that the terminology used is consistent?

On 17/10/2017 at 6:52 PM, DeMonkey said:

Whilst the act of encasing something in glass is known as Vitrification, the ability states that it crystalises enemies.

If it's merely coating them in glass and vitrifying them, then it isn't crystalising them. If it's crystalising the enemies themselves then they aren't coated in glass and are therefore not vitrified.

You can have 1 or the other, but not both.

Unsure why this thread is limited to PC announcements. You're stopping console players from being able to give their thoughts.

Cheers for that.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Upvote 4
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 2

Will you be giving her additional armor buff because currently it is counter-intuitive to add armor since it won't add much to her survival-ability. Nothing huge of course, but I would want to see a reason to have armor mods on her. Otherwise I can't blame you for having a health attached to the ability because it makes other abilities with clear trade-offs worse than Gara's that barely had any meaningful ones in most content.

• Upvote 32
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phatose said:

If it's health based, it shouldn't have a duration limit.  And something needs to be done about the crazy long casting time, and should probably have more health then snow globe.

Otherwise, it's simply a terrible ability.  It's her ultimate, yet it has duration limit, health limit, and it open to attacks from above. 

How, exactly, is Gara's 4 going to be better then Frost's 2?

SnowGlobe is Frost's 3rd ability not 2nd

• Upvote 1

Plus it's open air. No top or protective cover from above, which is big thing in the Plains.

• Upvote 25

14 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

leading to some more dynamic encounters when using the wall defensively. 

So does """"dynamic""" mean just hitting 4 more times and being tied to the objective(Stationary)? :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

• Upvote 52
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 9

sounds appropriate, and having separate Health across sections makes it more interesting than the usual.
since the Cast for this Ability is so long, maybe it's very appropriate for it to have an absorb period during the Cast.

i'm assuming something like 2500-3500 per pie slice?

10 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Will you be giving her additional armor buff because currently it is counter-intuitive to add armor since it won't add much to her survival-ability. Nothing huge of course, but I would want to see a reason to have armor mods on her.

Gara already has sufficient Armor for Steel Fiber to be useful.

Edited by taiiat
  • Upvote 3
  • Woah 4

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

sounds appropriate, and having separate Health across sections makes it more interesting than the usual.
since the Cast for this Ability is so long, maybe it's very appropriate for it to have an absorb period during the Cast.

i'm assuming something like 3000-3500 per pie slice?

I more of assume Gara is becoming basically useless. Well... We all know the DE's history what comes on nerfs.

• Upvote 48
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i'm assuming something like 2500-3500 per pie slice?

Gara already has sufficient Armor for Steel Fiber to be useful.

Maybe. 100 armor is 25% damage reduction while with a max steel fiber it goes to 262 which is a 49.62% damage reduction. So her 2nd ability that already gives her a 90% damage reduction makes putting armor on kinda useless.

Edited by Cloudy_KiTeer
I can't form a correct sentence :)
  • Upvote 13
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

I more of assume Gara is becoming basically useless.

ah yes, because pressing one button doesn't let you go AFK, the world is ending.
the greatest argument of all time.

1 minute ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

100 armor is 25% damage reduction while with a max steel fiber it goes to 262 which is a 49.62% damage reduction. So while useful with her already 90% because of her 2nd ability I don't see how that would be useful.

1 - Gara has 125 Armor.

2 - you could use both?

Edited by taiiat
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • Woah 3
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1

Tenno Reinforced Glass Windows, didn’t think I’d see this day.

Hopefully Spectrorage gets a scaling pass as well, these mirrors are far too fragile to high fire rate and AoE attack enemies, plus the damage returned is microscopic from both mirrors breaking and the collapse explosion.

I would like to place carousels to block gaps in the Mass Vitrify walls as a viable tactic, but only when the mirrors can last a while. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Will the new mass vitrify also scale accordingly in the same manner as snow globe?

by this I mean the extra health gained in the “setup” phase from enemy attacks.

The time spent casting the ability as it grows will not affect the health of the wall.

The skill startup is quite slow, Gara will die in high level even before she can deploy the wall.

• Upvote 18
  • Woah 1
  • Like 1

Ok... 
*Remove "Gara" arsenal slot*
*Returne "Frost"*
... We don't need longcast snowglobe.

• Upvote 45
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Burre.png said:

Will the ability still be dependent on duration mods?

Yes, it will still be affected by duration.

• Woah 14

Will it still be duration based? For me the difference of Gara's 4 and Frost 3 is that one is invulnerable but not permanent and the other is permanent but vulnerable.

• Upvote 27
  • Applause 3

She is still very viable in fact that is the only ability that just wont be as good. She is already godly with her second glass shatter ability. I dont see how adding health to it makes it worse to the point of her being the worst frame.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, taiiat said:

ah yes, because pressing one button doesn't let you go AFK, the world is ending.
the greatest argument of all time.

More of like there is so much AoE damage dealing enemies or projectiles that literally kill you after you get out of Mass Vitrify + the overall scaling and certain enemies being oddly balanced. You will get a mess out of it.

Edited by AlendasNaro
  • Upvote 4

I never run a bunch power strength or steel fiber, youre severely limiting the variety of builds if i have to use vitality and steel fiber and bunch of strength mods just to do one thing (press 4) ,worse than before. PLEASE DONT NERF GARA

• Upvote 44
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1