Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: [PC] Upcoming Changes to Gara's "Mass Vitrify" (Bonus Volt Info)

aidan890

12 minutes ago, taiiat said:

sounds appropriate, and having separate Health across sections makes it more interesting than the usual.
since the Cast for this Ability is so long, maybe it's very appropriate for it to have an absorb period during the Cast.

i'm assuming something like 2500-3500 per pie slice?

Gara already has sufficient Armor for Steel Fiber to be useful.

Clearly debatable.

I feel like this is a bit too much of a hit. Her skill already takes a long time to cast and has a duration, it only forces me to put health+armor+strength mods in my already packed build. If health gets added, then at least the duration of the ability should go, considering there's a huge hole at the top of it anyway. Also if there's even a slight bit of uneven ground, enemies can slip under it as if it wasn't there in the first place, which happens a lot in the plains.

20 minutes ago, Phatose said:

If it's health based, it shouldn't have a duration limit.  And something needs to be done about the crazy long casting time, and should probably have more health then snow globe.

Otherwise, it's simply a terrible ability.  It's her ultimate, yet it has duration limit, health limit, and is open to attacks from above, and immobilizes you for quite some time when being cast. 

How, exactly, is Gara's 4 going to be better then Frost's 3?

Edit: Oops, 3, not 2.

Not only that, but it would also need to have an invulnerable time just like Frost's Globe

first let me say garas become my recent go to frame, was recently made aware of the "SOON" changes, im just making an opinion known 

while im not opposed to the said tweaks or adjustments , the fact remains it now restricts her 4  more so the frosts defensive capabilities 

frost can spam place multiple 4s around the map, gara can only have 1 singular instance of hers, and the 4 of hers is also a way to scale her 2 up in damage and refresh 2 

id like to suggest then to expand this cap to same as frost or grant her power height expanding range upward as well as downward

thus then it can be of more use, as of now enemies simply fly over it and jumping/casting is the only way to making it taller, but this also cuts the lower height expansions downwards length 

I believe it needs more refinement instead of cutting and pasting the effects from Frosts kit , and take into account garas kit 

~sincerely

mako

5 minutes ago, Cloudy_KiTeer said:

She is still very viable in fact that is the only ability that just wont be as good. She is already godly with her second glass shatter ability. I dont see how adding health to it makes it worse to the point of her being the worst frame.

The volt changes were a slap in the face, they are making these changes without making other necessary Buffs. If it's going to be based on health, there shouldn't be adoration, I feel like they aren't even playing their own game anymore. Gara is barely viable as is, I'm not trying to be salty I've been playing Warframe for a very long time, but it just angers me to see these kind of changes with no regard to how viable the frame is in the first place

So how exactly this will help gara to maintain her place? It's just will be just a weak version of snow globe. This whole change is completely useless for several reasons-1-garas 4 is duration based and 2-you can be only one wall at the time. There only 2 advantages in garas 4 over snowglobe-its unvulnerability to damage (but it's timer based) and it's allow you to shot inside of it. With that change gara's 4 will be completely useless, don't break another good frame.

8 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

The time spent casting the ability as it grows will not affect the health of the wall.

Well that’s disappointing. As it stands then, this ability simply won’t have enough defensive capability to hold its own then even with power and armor scaling especially with a duration holding it back. I greatly suggest working with it some more,

I liked how you could mod Gara for a bit of everything and do good. Now, we'll have to do a specific build and that is limiting the gameplay severely. Maybe remove the duration if you are to make it health based. Might also want to add a chance for a slash proc when destroying the wall with her first ability since well... youre basically throwing shattered glass in the enemy's face.

Ah well, was good while it lasted. I think I'll go back to using Frost now. 

1 minute ago, Alad_V_Is_Pretty_Cool said:

The volt changes were a slap in the face, they are making these changes without making other necessary Buffs. If it's going to be based on health, there shouldn't be adoration, I feel like they aren't even playing their own game anymore. Gara is barely viable as is, I'm not trying to be salty I've been playing Warframe for a very long time, but it just angers me to see these kind of changes with no regard to how viable the frame is in the first place

*a duration 

We have Mesa, a frame that can melt every enemy on sight in a second

We have Nova, a frame that can slow the entire map to a crawl where the enemies are practically frozen and make them take more damage on top of that

But who do we nerf? The tanky defensive frame that not that many people use anyways, because you can't have an indestructible wall but you can have an ability that absolutely pulverises everything in a second

Nice job DE, you really know how to balance the game!

Agree that the duration should go away in this case, and no not like shadows of the dead having "no duration". If it had both then it would similar to how volt had 2 types of energy drain and duration ontop of it for his riot shield.

Gara is fine as she is, people just complained that she was too good at her job while still being efficient in other territories but now a guy made a video and boom suddenly she's unfair and needs a nerf ? Guess I'll make a video about Trinity so we can finally nerf this frame

1 hour ago, [DE]Aidan said:

snip

So why would we use gara now then...her 4 already had limitations in as much as it was open top, had stupidly long cast time where we can't move, didn't go up surfaces so often cut into the map AND had a duration.  This just seems like a complete nerf because we're losing her one positive aspect of that ability, keeping all the downsides AND adding another by allowing it to take damage and leave holes. 

Why would I use gara over frost and don't say for her splinter storm (which basically removes the need for armor mods on gara) because that's easily replaced with frosts augment.

Also are we going to get any forma back, due to the amount of time we've had since it's released? Gara was released nearly 2 months ago after all so I'm sure many of us have forma'd her, I know I have.   

edit: forgot about the fact we need to bullet jump upwards to get any decent height out of the glass wall too, that's a downside too when you think about it and that's not going either.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

please note im Xbox One and cannot post to it 

Hmmm, good point, I assumed it would be placed in general announcements or something.

Error on DE's part then, the discussion should absolutely be open for all users.

I love the people who just go for the Meta and go back to the old Frost Meta now before the changes even occured and we not even fully know how it affects all, could we first see how it turns out before complaining, one already madea thread about this not even a minute after this was posted, seriously, leave the game if you can't stnad a bit of variety, i simply love how people scream for challange but always choose the easy way, god forbid one frame palys different now and you can't just camp all day in your glas circle now.

Her glas might sitll have more HP then 4 Frost globes, who knwos, but sure lets abandon her right away, i wish those meta peopel would leave the game, it gets annyoing, jsut paly what you want to paly and not what is the strongest, seriously.

Archived