Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: [PC] Upcoming Changes to Gara's "Mass Vitrify" (Bonus Volt Info)

aidan890

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ZephyrExia:

I like these ideas, particularly the second one. It might be too similar to Frost though.

Thanks. As I said, I'm just an idiot. Point was, there can be done other, more interesting and less damaging things to Gara than what is currently planned - in my very unimportant opinion anyways.

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CKazz said:

I'd like to know that, I just bought for plat and we're already nerfing her in ridiculous fashion?  I bought her as a comparable option to the Frost and Frost Prime I have, providing some different things (better one spot coverage, no option for 4 spot or 'no duration' coverage).

Really feels like bait and switch, I go and applaud design (this looks fun, I will play, I will pay some $$) oh no wait, will inevitably be a 2nd class defensive frame to Frost with proposes changes (thanks for the spare change sucker).

For consoles in particular, I barely had her to play that long and she hardly breaks anything (could still Frost stack, Limbo freeze, Vauban, Banshee, Nova, add/bring in other hard CC effects).

Many other games allow some kind of back out when the developer nerfs something hard real money has been spent on, especially when it happens.  And again with it happening so soon it certainly feels like intentional bait and switch.  Certainly takes the winds out of the sails in getting back into this game and spending a growing amount of plat.

Unfortunately no. If you purchase the frame and then level it, they cannot remove the frame and refund you.

nerframe back in full force with gara! it was a nice run of having strong frames be strong without being ruined... but nah, lets kill gara's 4, at high end it will be 100% worthless, i dont see why being able to lock down an area is a bad thing, its a good thing, you cant drag it with you, if you need to move anywhere then you are no longer safe

its going to be a reskinned, gimped, snowglobe now and its getting really boring how fun frames get murdered because we cant have nice things, leave them strong while the sales are high, but once the next big thing is coming nerf the ever loving S#&$ out of it since we already got your money! it is bait and switch at its finest, and no, making it not duration based doesnt make it "better" it makes it more of a rip off, ive had plenty of times where if i wasnt on top of it i had my wall go down, and enemies can wreck your teams day while you recast it because unlike frost the wall isnt instant and it isnt instantly bulletproof either

Wow way to completely ruin one of the only other viable point defence frames aside from frost who because of globe is in basically in every defence mission. Might as well just use volts shield now since it'll be miles more effective than garas 4. Honestly, her 4 will be useless for defence unless it has crazy base health or you completely gimp your build. It doesnt gain health from cast like globe, it isnt permanent like globe, it cant protect from attacks from above like globe. It's literally a circular atlas wall but with poorer health and less stat scaling while also using a 4th ability slot. This nerf makes absolutely no sense, if garas 4 is nerfed why can snowglobe just run rampant as the be all end all of defence skills with absolutely nothing else close to its effectiveness.

16 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

I don´t know if this has been mentioned before, but incase not.

Since the new Mass vitrify will have several sections I hope you will think about nullifiers bubbles only destroying the sections they are touching and not the whole wall, like it is now.

I think this should naturally already be the case if the whole wall is now treated as a bunch of sections rather than one continuous wall, but if not this seems like something logical to add.

This is stupid. When I heard she was getting a nerf, I was like: oh cool so she finally won't be able to instakill everything up to level infinite. But no, the only thing that made her unique and balanced is gone. Well, uh... GG

But no seriously please don't do this. Please. Reduce duration or something, just not this. Oh and please fix her infinitely stacking splinterstorm. Please. it makes her boring. And yes, I know being able to kill level 50's by simply bullet jumping, rolling, or even just strolling past them is enticing to some but it ruins all fun. There is literally no reason to use your weapon in that scenario, since everything it does my gara does better. And melee's just useless when they die before you're in range for it, or your first attack connects. Wow. Way to misread the situation on gara.

Last time: her mass vitrify wall wasn't particularly broken. Having her wall be open at the top was enough to keep her balanced in my opinion. Not to mention the downtime between the wall, and the difficulty of properly positioning it. Her wall was her perfect ability, in every way. It really just is her splinterstorm that needs rebalancing. Even her first ability is pretty good. Her second is just either op when cast on self or allies/companions, or completely useless when cast on enemies because it doesn't spread and the damage doesn't increase in a reasonable way on it.

So much weh. Honestly, I think this change is good and let's face it, it was inevitable. Even with high duration, Gara's wall was pretty much a baby-sitting job. I was hoping they would make the change to health based rather than duration based. But how about this instead: make it a toggled ability like Hysteria. That way it's "permanent" but a constant drain on the energy. That drain would be affected by duration just like any of the other toggled abilities (eg. Hysteria, Absorb, Renewal, etc.). I do like the idea of only breaking sections, though. It's a good change and still keeps the rest of the wall useable until Gara can recast the ability. I definitely think the health idea should be used, and as each section breaks, less energy is drained per second. So for example, the wall has 12 sections and each section takes 1 energy per second to sustain. When one section is destroyed, the ability now only costs 11 energy per second to sustain. When there are no more sections, the ability is automatically disabled so you can recast.

That said, the cast time on the ability itself is incredibly long. Even with range mods, it still takes awhile for the wall to expand outward. Range mods also do not expand the height of the wall which has always been my biggest gripe with Gara as defense over Frost. Range mods should impact how high or low the wall sits, not just how far it stretches downward when cast in the air.

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

lol at you thinking the strongest glass is gorilla glass.... man got to love it when marketing works...

Point still stands. All glass can be broken eventually. The tougher it is, the more force that is required to break it. But it CAN break.

Beyond all the discussion about power level and MV being op or not, this change will make MV not be worth using.  It in effect will kill Gara's play ability for most players.  She will be forgotten.  But if that was the point then great job!  Maybe she can juggle the weapons that have been nerfed into non-useability in the corner of our ship?  She could be converted to a decoration.  At least then she'd have a use.  It could be the start of a shrine to days gone by of the most fun things in the game getting ruined.

2 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

So much weh. Honestly, I think this change is good and let's face it, it was inevitable. Even with high duration, Gara's wall was pretty much a baby-sitting job. I was hoping they would make the change to health based rather than duration based. But how about this instead: make it a toggled ability like Hysteria. That way it's "permanent" but a constant drain on the energy. That drain would be affected by duration just like any of the other toggled abilities (eg. Hysteria, Absorb, Renewal, etc.). I do like the idea of only breaking sections, though. It's a good change and still keeps the rest of the wall useable until Gara can recast the ability. I definitely think the health idea should be used, and as each section breaks, less energy is drained per second. So for example, the wall has 12 sections and each section takes 1 energy per second to sustain. When one section is destroyed, the ability now only costs 11 energy per second to sustain. When there are no more sections, the ability is automatically disabled so you can recast.

That said, the cast time on the ability itself is incredibly long. Even with range mods, it still takes awhile for the wall to expand outward. Range mods also do not expand the height of the wall which has always been my biggest gripe with Gara as defense over Frost. Range mods should impact how high or low the wall sits, not just how far it stretches downward when cast in the air.

Ahem... I don't think it was inevitable. Even as gara I valued frost because frost could place it and forget about it. Gara had about 10 seconds downtime between walls, and couldn't contribute that well to offense, especially with a lower duration. The only thing that should have been inevitable is her 80k damage per second splinterstorm being nerfed.

9 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Point still stands. All glass can be broken eventually. The tougher it is, the more force that is required to break it. But it CAN break.

It stopped after a while though... Have you played her? I'm pretty sure that if you have, rather than watching her be played, you'll have realised that from the perspective of the gara player that she was perfectly balanced (except for the splinter storm stacking). She requires a rather insane amount of micro management, and it's fairly easy to forget about all your abilities. You have to: keep your vitrify up, keep your splinter storm up for damage reduction on not only self and companions, but also allies (not for damage dealing, that can just disappear into the void for all I care - it ruins her), somehow place your mirrors in strategic locations to keep the troublesome enemies entertained, all in the span of 30 seconds. Her virtrify takes up 10 seconds of your time; casting it with any less time than that left means your position is likely to become messed up or you risk losing your damage reduction, costing you important energy. And aside from requiring you to cast it well before it ends, it takes a while to cast as well - up to 5 or even 8 seconds if you're unlucky or have massive maps. You also have to keep the position of your squad in mind and hope they're in range, and when they're not, sacrifice protection of objectives for their protection temporarily (in public/non-voice chat squads), somehow get your energy back inbetween everything, not let your energy run out ever, and you still have to kill enemies as well... Yeah and her 4's broken :facepalm:

She already wasn't the frame for everyone, and this will only serve to alienate those who love her.

DE please stop! 

She will be useless and not popular like Atlas and Mag. 

She is good for solo players, she also good for long runs (late game).

Do not change it, you will lose money and reputation! Think about it. It's only her release. 

She is not OP, we have nullifiers in this game! 

It's hard to get. Bounties has crazy drop chances even after rework. You always can buy her, like I did.

Let's talk about Frost and Atlas.

-Both of them have abilities with health(wall and globe) All those people behind the wall and globe will die in one shot(also walls) from high level enemies on 2h+ survival for example. 

Meanwhile volt with his shields just chilling...

-Frost can cast many globes at the same spot, still weak.

She needs invincibility while she casting her 4 because she is not moving. She has no roof for her 4.

Also, she needs a buff for her 3, more range and damage. Her 3 deserves a buff, right now it works like a Loki's decoy. When you cast your 2 nearby your allies they should get a buff.

If you want to nerf her. Just reduce her ability duration.

And ppl who don't know how to play her don't care if she gets nerfed, which rly a shame... It means she needs more attention, she is not so popular and after this nerf no one is gonna play with her anymore because we have volt with his shields for late game.

I love this frame, my favorite in current state. I'm solo player and I like long runs. I would like to get good augments for Gara and skins. :) I am sure who likes Gara want this as well.

And I hope DE will change their minds.

P.S. Right now it's like holding hand of my dying sister.  Excuse me for my bad English and thank you for your attention. 

DE... "It's time to stop !" Don't listen to voices of "not so clever" people.. they only want to make you nerf new ("OP") frames, because their favorite older frames are weaker. Otherwise ..

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU DE 

MOoKlAq.jpg

..unless you stop this madness and forget about Gara's Nerf, Gara Fanboys (yes, I'm one of them) will eat you alive <_<

1 minute ago, Orfeusz said:

DE... "It's time to stop !" Don't listen to voices of "not so clever" people.. they only want to make you nerf new ("OP") frames, because their favorite older frames are weaker. Otherwise ..

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU DE 

MOoKlAq.jpg

..unless you stop this madness and forget about Gara's Nerf, Gara Fanboys (yes, I'm one of them) will eat you alive <_<

Truth my dear friend... Truth...

14 minutes ago, (PS4)cjb007nurse said:

I absolutely think this is needed. I totally agree with her being able to lock down a whole area, basically forever was a bit much. But I think you should also take a look at Gara's scaling issues. Besides mass vitrify she isn't incredible past lvl 60 which kinda sucks

Vauban , SnoreQuake Banshee don't lock down ? Are a few that can do it

10 minutes ago, (PS4)cjb007nurse said:

I absolutely think this is needed. I totally agree with her being able to lock down a whole area, basically forever was a bit much. But I think you should also take a look at Gara's scaling issues. Besides mass vitrify she isn't incredible past lvl 60 which kinda sucks

It was said many times. I will repeat. THERE ARE ALREADY FRAMES WHO CAN LOCK DOWN AREAS. Limbo, Banshee, Frost, Mesa etc. This list is much longer. 

It's this simple: Ruin Gara then go ruin all the other frames that have crowd control. It's only fair. Don't feed us the excuse that you didn't expect/foresee this. Any vet could have told you how a duration based wall that was immune to damage was going to play out before we even got our hands on her.

I don't like making accusations like this but it does feel like I got duped this time around. Biggest update yet, hordes of new players, incredible new frame, but destroy her once the launch hype has settled. Cashed in on my hype and good will.

Archived