Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: [PC] Upcoming Changes to Gara's "Mass Vitrify" (Bonus Volt Info)

aidan890

All this is doing is taking a already half good utility ability and making it well useless. And being effected by strength and armor is now just making Gara into a 1 trick pony of a DPS monster. There is seriously no point to pressing 4 with this change at all other then to break it to stack dmg.

ATM Gara is a jack of all trades not great at 1 thing and not bad either. Now she's just going to be good at stacking dmg and running around mindlessly.

This doesnt really make anything dynamic... the thing is, the enemies usually come at you from 1 direction (plains aside) so youre really just going to have a cylindrical shaped wall with the side being attacked gone and the rest being useless because its behind you.

I don't know... It seems like there are better ways to balance the power that don't involve making it health and duration based. Will test it when it's updated but I'm really hoping we won't see the entire wall explode just because it got hit by a high level Napalm, Bombard, Tar Mutalist MOA or any other source of huge damage AoE.

I'm going to need more information about how big the sections are, how much health, and how it scales. I really like the sound of it gaining health based on enemies it CCs Or if shooting enemies through the glass healed/gave it health. There are a lot of cool dynamic ways of making the shield work without just making it killable with no real counter play. 
Edit 1: Being able to cast the 2 on it would also make it fine.
Edit 2: it should have it's duration removed if you don't do the killing enemies to restore health. Life steal should be pretty much infinite health. Gara's wall is also quite buggy with enemies sometimes being able to walk up to it and shoot through.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Sorry, that was my misinterpretation, no, the health will not be increased by damage absorbed during casting.

Sorry mate but this is a major limitation,there has to be some way to have the ring stack up health or whatever, the true power of frost's globe in long runs when the enemies deal damage in the thousands,comes from the damage absorbed during the 4 secs of invulnerability, by recasting it multiple times the globe gets insanely strong or just perma invulnerable until enough energy is up for usage..it'll reach a cap eventually ( 1 million health i think ) but like i said the real deal breaker are those secs of invulnerability.

We need to think big and think about those players who love to waste time in long hours survivals not only tier 3 sorties or lower lvl content....

yay, why not take the most fun part of PoE update and make it useless for highlvl. We got much new players in this game anyways, no need to think about what veterans try to do with some frames. endgame is lvl 40-50. casualframe ftw.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

No. No no no. Why? It's like you guys don't even know what you created. This was an alternate way to play Frost and now you're turning her Mass Vitrify into the downgraded version. Seriously, if you nerf this, at least buff Spectrorage.

I know, it was a massively fun alternative to a reeeeally old frame and play style. Had downsides such as being duration based and not covering over head. I would've just made it so she's not invincible during cast.

Archived