[DE]Aidan

PSA: [PC] Upcoming Changes to Gara's "Mass Vitrify" (Bonus Volt Info)

2 minutes ago, Mongobeef said:

Design table? You're giving too much credit to them to actually have one of those. Just expect it'll be as bad or WORSE than frost by the end of things

she was already worse then frost. only thing she had was a unbreakable wall. AI found their own way to get it Hell even the infested drones flew over it to spread their toxin everywhere. Now with the linear maps and AI design her 4 is utterly useless expect for stacking dmg. If the should of fixed anything it should of been buff her 3 and nerf the dmg stacks on 2. but i am sure that will be next

• Upvote 2

So making her an even weaker alternative to frost than she already was? Welp, at least she lived for almost 2 months i guess lol.

• Upvote 13

Why does DE feel the need to keep nerfing frames into oblivion? Older frames already have a hard time being useful with their "reworked" kits, now new frames are getting the same treatment? Gara hasn't even been out for two months...

If this change goes though - which I hope it won't - you would need to build her 4 with power strength AND duration AND armor in mind, making the builds for her extremely limited. Essentially it will turn it into an objectively WORSE version of Snow Globe which can be attacked from above. So now a frame that was actually sortie-viable will be turned into MR fodder. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, EighthGear said:

Why does DE feel the need to keep nerfing frames into oblivion? Older frames already have a hard time being useful with their "reworked" kits, now new frames are getting the same treatment? Gara hasn't even been out for two months...

If this change goes though - which I hope it won't - you would need to build her 4 with power strength AND duration AND armor in mind, making the builds for her extremely limited. Essentially it will turn it into an objectively WORSE version of Snow Globe which can be attacked from above. So now a frame that was actually sortie-viable will be turned into MR fodder. 

Strength, duration and range will be the only viable build for gara armor will be and still is pointless as she doesnt have all that much. She will just be built now to maximize her 2 and 1 abilities. Then once that happens DE will nerf that and she'll be MR fodder.

Edited by ChaotikDreamz
  • Upvote 1

I have the feeling I shouldn't have spent 20 dollars on gara...like omg dude. this doesn't just change her 4th ability, it also changes how her 1st interacts with her 4th ability and not just her 1st ability, her 2nd ability too the one that gives you damage resistance. with this nerf its also nerfing the damage you get out of her 2nd ability if you're near an enemy and it also nerfs the damage you deal when you cast your 1 on her ability. oh my god why did I waste 20 dollars on a frame. 2 years--2 years and I've learnt nothing

17 minutes ago, kowalsky386 said:

nope, there is only darkness

the darkness man its like the black plaque all over again e.e 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, EighthGear said:

If this change goes though - which I hope it won't - you would need to build her 4 with power strength AND duration AND armor in mind, making the builds for her extremely limited.

Not only that, the only reason you'd be adding armor is purely for her 4, there is no reason to use it anywhere else when she has her 2 so you're basically wasting a slot just to try and get her 4 as strong as possible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

I have the feeling I shouldn't have spent 20 dollars on gara...like omg dude. this doesn't just change her 4th ability, it also changes how her 1st interacts with her 4th ability and not just her 1st ability, her 2nd ability too the one that gives you damage resistance. with this nerf its also nerfing the damage you get out of her 2nd ability if you're near an enemy and it also nerfs the damage you deal when you cast your 1 on her ability. oh my god why did I waste 20 dollars on a frame. 2 years--2 years and I've learnt nothing

the darkness man its like the black plaque all over again e.e 

Sadly i agree with this i wasn't much into fashion frame but gara opened my wallet cuz i needed plat for shiny things to adorn gara with yup i'lll def think twice next time.

• Upvote 4

«If the glass doesn't break -- it's broken» - The Corpus:corpus:

I guess the greedy milks lobbied this through the Lotus after all. Can't hold a reinforced glass monopoly when there's just a glass that doesn't break, business is a world of sharks lanxes :clem:

Edited by Thundervision
  • Upvote 2

Gara doesn't use armor or have any need for it nor will she use it when this is done.

I've taken Frost to lvl 3,000 Void Defense with no Armor mods and no Power Strength mods.

You're not fixing anything with that concept thanks to enemy damage scaling.

The only reason Frost gets used on a Defense run is because of the Invulnerability phase of his Snow Globe. Whatever unfortunate player who gets stuck with him in a run does NOTHING but cast his Snow Globe every 3 seconds and stand there. His Snow Globe is immortal, at all times. Currently Gara does the same thing but she gets to actually play the game. If you're attempt is to make Gara's Vitrify like Snow Globe it's going to fail because she lacks instant casting.

Meanwhile Volt's shield is still invulnerable, has no AoE vulnerabilities like both Gara and Frost who still can't block Napalm fire even after it was claimed to be fixed and frames like Limbo can already guard an objective better than Frost and equally to Gara.

This just removes Gara's role as a Defense frame. Least in any meaningful content where you'd need one.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 13

1 minute ago, HolySeraphin said:

We ask for a buff for the 3th skill and they nerf the 4th. Come on DE.

maybe they figure if they nerf the 4th players will use the 3rd more lol. Cuz ya know heavies are gonna chew threw the wall as fast as they eat the 3rd and laugh at it like wtf was that.

1 minute ago, ChaotikDreamz said:

maybe they figure if they nerf the 4th players will use the 3rd more lol. Cuz ya know heavies are gonna chew threw the wall as fast as they eat the 3rd and laugh at it like wtf was that.

Im sorry, did you wanted to have fun in your videogame?

• Haha 1

"We don't want Mag scaling: nerfs Mag instakill to corpus"

"Limbo should scale: Instagibs map"

"Limbo OP: nerfed"

-------

"We don't want immune globes: nerfs frost snow-globe"

"Creates Gara"

"Gara's 'snow-globe' is too strong, let us tone it down: nerfs Gara like frost"

These things keep repeating themselves. I feel these things will keep recurring. Gara had maybe 2 niches in missions like excavation and bounties. At this point, her vitrify will be worse than snow-globe. Gara is now completely destroyed due to people crying nerf once again. :clap: 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 10

3 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Yes, it will still be affected by duration.

Unless the glass wall is strong enough to withstand all but the most powerful projectiles, this will be a senseless nerf that makes the power basically useless, especially if breaking a single segment allows enemies to pass through.

You're destroying a warframe. People will be pissed. I am pissed. Don't do it.

Edited by IronKhagan
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Gara is now completely destroyed due to people crying nerf once again. :clap: 

Some people just cant see outside thier globe... 

*que sad music

Oh boy, I can't wait to start min-maxing armor/strength with my new discount frost/nezha. Better go ahead and set a macro for mass vitrify spamming so I can go afk. RIP fun and engaging Gara, sleep with the rest of the mastery fodder.

• Upvote 3

Just putting out some options I was thinking about

option 1: How about keep invulnerable but allow enemies some option to climb the wall.  It might be fun shooting the swarming enemies trying to climb up and into the defense zone.  The main problem is the wall high being too high sometimes or reaching the ceiling.  Grineer with those harpoons should certainly be able to climb over the thing not to mention those flying corpus robots.  That is alot of enemy animations to make just for one frame power...

option 2 : I am thinking the wall might break into little pieces where it is shot with enough damage like swiss cheese.  Maybe Gara's number 2 could be cast on these holes to repair them.  The problem with this is I wouldn't enjoy having to spend an entire sortie fight repairing the wall instead of shooting enemies.  This might relate to option 1 above and allow enemies to climb the wall using the holes made by weapon fire.

option 3: if you keep the invulnerable wall like it is but limit the range of the wall you would take out some of the problems I think.  As it is now you can deny the enemy most of the map but if you keep it small enough to be useful for defending a target the timer is a good limiter on the powerful nature of the thing.  I use duration and strength on my Gara at the cost of range(somewhere around 34 range) because I don't like corrupted(nullifiers)spawning inside my wall and its easier to make smaller walls that way.  Doing a long excavation with her as one of the main defenses wan't anywhere near overpowered.  She does tend to trivialize mobile defense missions though even with the smaller wall.

Just throwing some things out to try and be constructive. I can't say I like the new changes to Gara but I can see that the current wall is a problem.  I sure hope DE keeps one of my fav frames viable as a defensive frame.

^ so it will still be affected by duration. That's actually hilarious. think of the facial expressions of the new players when they regret going through all those difficult bounties for gara. man. that will be hilarious. lv 40-60 bounty for a useless frame that can't even defend herself for a good 30 seconds. good joke DE. and god help the man that doesn't see this before she gets nerfed and tries to bring her into a part 3 sortie after the nerf.

• Upvote 3

Seriously?

I mean, I knew a nerf was coming. And that's fine, Gara is a bit over the top. But did you really think this through, DE?

You removed the dual requirement of health and timer from Frost's snow globe for a reason. Did you learn nothing from how bad it was when snow globe was limited by both? Sure, nerf to gara, I get it and it's kinda necessary. But this just breaks the high level defence use for Gara. Why not tune her damage? Why not limit just by health? Why force the opening of gaps in the shield, forcing a recast, effectively making Vitrify's health be reduced to whatever the health of one segment is? Who thought it was a good idea?

Sure, sure, we can do and endlessly stacking infinite damage to any enemy in the game. That's not a problem at all. Sortie Vay Hek? Sortie Lephantis? Who cares, I can just aggressively breakdance in their general direction and they get onehit. Great.

But oh wait! Oh no! Gara has something roghly equal to snow globe with different upsides and downsides? Nerf bat to the face. MAKE IT USELESS, STAT.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, kowalsky386 said:

Im sorry, did you wanted to have fun in your videogame?

Appearntly not guess it's back to cheesing everything with Inaros and a big melee stick.

9 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

^ so it will still be affected by duration. That's actually hilarious. think of the facial expressions of the new players when they regret going through all those difficult bounties for gara. man. that will be hilarious. lv 40-60 bounty for a useless frame that can't even defend herself for a good 30 seconds. good joke DE. and god help the man that doesn't see this before she gets nerfed and tries to bring her into a part 3 sortie after the nerf.

and with this nerf your going to be lucky if you get 30 seconds before the wall is blown to bits. specially when a heavy gunner or bombard is around. All while getting slapped in the face by hellions and corpus drones.  Let alone to even try to think about using this in PoE with all the damn mortars and that annoying carpet bombing ship that never goes the hell away.

Edited by ChaotikDreamz
  • Upvote 5

15 hours ago, ChaotikDreamz said:

Appearntly not guess it's back to cheesing everything with Inaros and a big melee stick.

and with this nerf your going to be lucky if you get 30 seconds before the wall is blown to bits. specially when a heavy gunner or bombard is around. All while getting slapped in the face by hellions and corpus drones.

YEAH THAT'S THE THING I don't even remember the last time when I encountered just ONE heavy gunner. like I seriously don't. there's literally always 1 or maybe 2 more AND a bombard or 2 nearby. this nerf is just going to make gara as a whole into a low tier frame. lv 1-12 content only type of frame. anything above lv 20-- forget about it, use equinox or nyx or hell use loki and don't pick up your teammates.

• Upvote 1