Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Graxx cosplay

arborealkey

2 hours ago, arborealkey said:

Ok, so here's a little update on the feet. I started making the "armor" part out of foam (it's gonna be fully articulated, don't worry). As for the front part, I'm still patterning, as you can see on the pictures. Since Valkyr's feet aren't exactrly shaped like a human's, I have to add padding to get the right shape.
20180507_215227.jpg

ok that is amazing 😄

Le 09/05/2018 à 03:10, PyreFox a dit :

It's coming along great! Good Job! loving the detail.

Thank you !

Le 09/05/2018 à 03:38, Kalvorax a dit :

ok that is amazing 😄

Thanks !

I made the base of the shins (out of foam again), missing all the details.
32331922_813779128831245_603294617047138

They open like this so I can put them on:
20180511_204025_1.jpg
I plan on 3D printing the...stakes going through her legs, they will go in the holes I made on the foam parts.

I will also use auxiliary armor on the legs, for the moment I'm planning on making the Pakal ones. Out of all the available leg plates, they are the one I like the most (I don't have any of the prime armor sets though, and they cannot be previewed :/).

Le 12/05/2018 à 18:43, Anavi_Ivy a dit :

This looks so great already! *_*

Thank you !

First paint test (on random pieces with a random pattern, it's just an exepriment), with a slightly scratched version on the left and a pretty destroyed one on the right. I probably went a bit too heavy on the wheathering on both of them though.
I am still a really bad painter, it's no secret, but I hope to improve the paintjob over the months I have until the competition.
32463101_814643208744837_597430179795356

Le 13/05/2018 à 22:20, arborealkey a dit :

Thank you !

First paint test (on random pieces with a random pattern, it's just an exepriment), with a slightly scratched version on the left and a pretty destroyed one on the right. I probably went a bit too heavy on the wheathering on both of them though.
I am still a really bad painter, it's no secret, but I hope to improve the paintjob over the months I have until the competition.
32463101_814643208744837_597430179795356

Just freakin awesome, wanna do my harrow cosplay so much too ❤️

Oh, thanks everyone !

So the project evolved a bit (I'm keeping the Graxx skin of course).
I had originally planned to build the Disconnect syandana. I made tests with different pipes and materials, and sadly it cannot move as I want it to. So I picked a more cloth-y syandana instead (Due Volpi). Here is some progress:
33224593_610314109303175_531459442615097
I made some patterns for Valkyr's kneecaps, I'll build them soon.

I also changed the weapons. Javlok got replaced with...Cernos P. I think it would look more "impressive" on stage than Javlok, even if it's not grinner at all. Boltace got replaced with...I don't know yet (probably a sword -Broken War ?), because Tonfas couldn't be sheathed and unsheathed easily during the stage performance.

Today's test ! The cloth-like part of the Due Volpi syandana lights up. I tried using wadding to diffuse the lights, to keep the flexibility of the fabric, and...it worked.
This is just a test, the pattern is wrong, and I will use blue and not green as an energy color.
33222828_818979108311247_548080668409384

Le 23/05/2018 à 23:14, wolfsongcry a dit :

This... all of this is just too good. I have no words, this is craft and art melted together.

Wow, thanks a lot ! I'm not very good at this but I'll try to do my best.

Ok, the bottom...ornaments ? of the Due Volpi syandana are more or less done. The top part of the syandana is next (and it's way more complicated than the bottom one, this will be fun).
20180525_163940.jpg

Le 25/05/2018 à 21:08, lukinu_u a dit :

I've been looking at this theard when you first posted it, but each step impress me even more.
That's just too good, too good for my eyes O_O

Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks a lot !!

I have finally chosen my melee (I went for the Nari & Vali dual swords skin, I find it pretty interesting to build). It was raining a lot today so I didn't make anything out of foam (I craft outside...), but I printed a blueprint for the swords (with only a fraction of the details, I only need the general shape for the moment).

20180528_142640.jpg

I also made one for the top part of the syandana, I hope to start building this part soon.

1 hour ago, arborealkey said:

Look, an update !

I tried some of the pieces on. Damn, I wish I had longer legs. Please ignore my not-so-fabulous face. Warframes don't have a face so it won't be visible anyways.

Dei_Mu_WKWAAEKm8i.jpg

very impressive work so far 😄

il y a une heure, Kaffeebohnson a dit :

This girl is a masterful fabricator!

I am really impressed. All the best for the contest!

Thank you ! And do not expect anything. The level is high, and I am not good. I'm mainly building this because I love the game, not to place in a contest.

il y a 16 minutes, Kalvorax a dit :

very impressive work so far 😄

Thanks !

il y a 8 minutes, broderbr a dit :

WOW, are you doing everything at hand? How do you shape the foam?
It 's getting too cool, you' re rocking!
Keep up the good work, go girl!

Cheers Tenno!!!    o/

Yes, some minor parts (like the pieces behind her knees and under the breasts) will be 3D printed, but everything I've posted so far is foam. Sometimes I use several pieces to get the shape I want (each shin armor is 5 pieces, for example), and sometimes I just heat-shape the material. And thanks !

Archived