Valkyr Graxx cosplay

arborealkey

Le 01/06/2018 à 01:18, Urlan a dit :

Very nice work!

Thank you !

Le 01/06/2018 à 01:55, Dlemming a dit :

Awesome!

Thanks !

Update on one of the top pieces of the syandana. I used that one for a test (I wanted to try a more "organic" look) and I think I went a bit heavy on the texture. Like the rest, it's EVA foam (floor mat).
34321072_823478647861293_872281949715877

Il y a 9 heures, WaylanderG a dit :

That looks awesome, you are very talented.

Thank you ! Honestly, I am not that great, I tend to hate evrything I make because I can only see the defects.

And here is the top part of the spine ! It's far from perfect, I think I made a lot of mistakes (more than usual, I mean).]34348705_823878541154637_874282941478338

I think we can all be very critical of our own work and see imperfections in what we do compared to the ideas and images we see in our minds eye. But believe me from the outside looking in your work is definatly something to be admired. Something you should be very proud of. You definatly have an exceptional talent for creativity and crafting. Well done you. 

Il y a 13 heures, WaylanderG a dit :

I think we can all be very critical of our own work and see imperfections in what we do compared to the ideas and images we see in our minds eye. But believe me from the outside looking in your work is definatly something to be admired. Something you should be very proud of. You definatly have an exceptional talent for creativity and crafting. Well done you. 

Warframe has really detailled stuff and I know I am not good enough to do justice to the designs. It's not like building a classical foam armor, it's on another level because it's more on the creature side. Graxx skins are easier to create since they mimic grineer armor (it doesn't cover the joints), but it's still way more advanced than the Skyrim and Warhammer 40K costume I usually create.

Il y a 3 heures, IamKayrox a dit :

Wow, this is amazing. Seeing Valkyr (My favorite frame so far) come to life is really cool. Keep the good work and good luck with the contest

Thank you ! 

I tried the spine on (the white bands are duct tape, because I have yet to add proper straps). Now I need to build the rest of the backpiece...
20180604_140320_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Le 07/06/2018 à 13:31, .WHISPER. a dit :

Awesome work!

Thank you !

Hey ! i'm terribly sorry about the lack of news. I've been working with a propmaking studio (and learning awesome things) since June, and haven't had the time to make progress on my own projects since. The only thing I have to offer right now is a one-month-old blurry picture of my back.

IMG_20180617_025951_490.jpg

On May 31, 2018 at 3:02 PM, arborealkey said:

Thank you ! And do not expect anything. The level is high, and I am not good. I'm mainly building this because I love the game, not to place in a contest.

It looks absolutely amazing and you aren't even finished! Honestly I'd be surprised if you didn't win. You are more than good at this my fellow Tenno you are AMAZING!!

On June 3, 2018 at 3:05 PM, arborealkey said:

Thank you ! Honestly, I am not that great, I tend to hate evrything I make because I can only see the defects.

Let me tell you that you are great at doing this! It takes a high level of ingenuity and skill to do stuff like this! Honestly you see the defects because you are trying to make it perfect but I will tell you that it looks really really good and I don't see any flaws at all. Stay strong Tenno and don't let any defects stand in your way EVER!! 

• 2 months later...

Ok, long time no see.

Remember when I said I was going to lend a hand to a propmaking studio for a week ? Well, I'm working with them now and have been busy with commissions since June (which is awesome, because it turned my passion into an actual job). This means no progress on my own projects during all this time. I had to "retire" (I cannot remember the proper English word) from the competition I was building Valkyr for, and my runner up will replace me.

We're currently in a hurry because of a bunch of commissions and some (exciting) stuff I cannot talk about for Paris Games Week (it's a big video game-themed event we have in France).

This doesn't mean I'm abandoning anything Warframe related. There will be more...peaceful times when I will make progress on my own projects.

Sorry about not posting for such a long time, and see you soon (I hope) !

PS: @fredaven I'm tagging you here because you're probably the most concerned here

• 3 weeks later...
Le 23/09/2018 à 22:43, Urlan a dit :

Take your time, just glad its working out for you.

Thanks !

Le 23/09/2018 à 23:40, WaylanderG a dit :

Really happy its all going good for you. I'm sure you'll do great.

Thank you, I hope so !

I made a bit of progress on the arms today, since I'm not supposed to work during week-ends (even if I often do). I'll try to start on the shackles (or whatever they are called) tomorrow.
20181013-233200-1.jpg

Thanks guys !

I worked a bit on the head today (yeah, I'm using the Cheetah helmet IG with the Graxx skin because nothing makes sense). It kinda looks like crap for the moment with only the faceplate built and the spikes asymetrically pinned...
20181021-204853.jpg

The black foam with hot glued seams underneath is just here to help it retain its shape.

22 hours ago, arborealkey said:

Thanks guys !

I worked a bit on the head today (yeah, I'm using the Cheetah helmet IG with the Graxx skin because nothing makes sense). It kinda looks like crap for the moment with only the faceplate built and the spikes asymetrically pinned...
20181021-204853.jpg

The black foam with hot glued seams underneath is just here to help it retain its shape.

wow! looking great

After seeing all the amazing costumes at TennoCon I wanted to cosplay Octavia and show up next year. I figured "no way haha not possible" but seeing this, maybe it actually is possible... for someone else! Good gosh, my hands would be shaking everywhere, I'd be driving myself up a tree trying to do this! Maybe some day if I had the time, but not now when I have no money nor time, nor patience. Everything is so smooth... it's all EVA foam? What other materials could you use for something like this?

Le 21/10/2018 à 21:19, FLSH_BNG a dit :

Well color me impressed!

I am quite amazed at the level of detail and care being put into this project! :lotus:

Thanks a lot !

Le 22/10/2018 à 19:22, WaylanderG a dit :

wow! looking great

Thank you !

Le 24/10/2018 à 20:24, D3M1G0RG0N a dit :

After seeing all the amazing costumes at TennoCon I wanted to cosplay Octavia and show up next year. I figured "no way haha not possible" but seeing this, maybe it actually is possible... for someone else! Good gosh, my hands would be shaking everywhere, I'd be driving myself up a tree trying to do this! Maybe some day if I had the time, but not now when I have no money nor time, nor patience. Everything is so smooth... it's all EVA foam? What other materials could you use for something like this?

The problem with making a Warframe costume is that they are fleshy. To achieve the perfect costume, one would have to sculpt the body and make a silicone cast. Sadly, such methods are rarely affordable.

Yes, it's all EVA foam, because while being relatively cheap compared to some other materials, it's still possible to make great stuff out of it.

I can't really think of cheaper materials you could use to get the same effect. I've used cardboard and yoga mat in the past, but while they are great for some projects, it might be hard to achieve the fleshy look of a Warframe with it. Maybe you could find floor mats ? I assume that you're living on the American continent since you can go to Tennocon, I might be wrong, but I thought it was easier for you guys to get puzzle mats for cheap than us in France.

Anyway, here is some progress on the syandana.

20181025-200812.jpg[/url]

• 1 month later...

Archived