The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining Tracing Mechanic on Consoles

(PSN)Irate_Beau

As someone who does not have a powerful enough computer to run WF and not enough disposable income to buy fancy peripherals for my console, I feel like the mining mechanic as it is now is unsuitable with control sticks. The level of accuracy required to get a reasonable number of minerals is far too high considering how nearly impossible it is to consistently follow the trace. I'm not exactly sure what a good replacement would be, but a major change to the mechanic in general is sorely needed for consoles.

It's obvious that it was designed with PC controls in mind, and feels like consoles were just disregarded.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)baazfury said:

You don't have to be precise in tracing the outline. I just get in the general area of the trace and move the stick and my warframe back and forth. It extracts the resources just fine doing cutter tracing spam.

How accurate are you able to get?  I find that I'm very happy if I can fill 2.5/5 of the accuracy bar.  Usually, I struggle to get 1.5/5.

This is especially true since they remove the pattern from us so that we have to try and do it from memory.  Why is that?

If you stop using the mining laser for about 2 or 3 seconds the lines will reappear though it really does seem to be more designed for a mouse then a joystick as the joystick even when i use the slightest most minute accurate touch on it sends the mining laser flying off way more than it should but even if i do get it to follow the line with about 80% accuracy i still at best get 3 filled but when i would just randomly walk around with the laser and just try and get the mineral as fast as possible it would fill to like 4 almost 5 making me doubt this was even calibrated properly for consoles

1 hour ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

I've given up trying to trace the outline.  I just fly around with the laser and walk back and forth until it spits out some minerals.  There seems to be no difference in what you get, whether you try or not.  

Very much this. I just spin a circle around it until it pops. Even lego games have better laser tracing mechanics

I have the newbie laser and can only get up to 2-2.5 accuracy.   Im pretty sure the more accurate you are the more stuff you get.    But how much of this is just built into the game as different levels of lasers???  If you could do it perfect with the newb laser you would never buy the expensive ones.   

My only real complaint is that your distance from your targets affects the speed at which you can move your laser.   If your right up close then it is slow as hell.   If your 5-10 feet away its super fast.   I want to be up close and have medium speed..

Actually what I wish is that you would plunk down a big laser drill and you would have to defend it from grineer/infested for x amount of time.  Best of both worlds.