The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vanilla skin option for dex/ prime/ wraith/ prisma/ vandal weapons ?

Ada_Wong_SG

We have the option to customize the look on a primed warframe to look like the non primed version.

But weapons is kind of lacking in general, would it be nice if we can buy a "Vanilla skin pack" off the market with credits 

and enable the option to make a Lex Prime look totally like the original Lex... or a Nikana Prime to looks like a Nikana or Dragon Nikana.

Or a Prisma Skana to look like the original Skana.

Even the Dex Sybaris to use the original Sybaris skin.

Gorgon Wraith to looks like the original gorgon.

Snipetron vandal to look like the original snipetron.

Sometime it might be the theme of the weapon didn't fit on a frame... you know fashion thing
that the gold ring on a primed weapon didn't fit in the theme of the warframe.

So tweaking around might kind of adjust everything to feel like a set.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

I was thinking of Mesa having a unique set of twin pistol, 
it would be more fashionable to be able to make any pistol looks like it is a set with Mesa
with a skin application.

So peacemaker and ordinary pistol usage looks like it is one set of weapons, 
and the "invisible when holstered" option on dual pistols would make that looks like a set.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd at first narrow it down to prime weapons only. Since we have only three Dex weapons and the wraith/vandal ones are quite tame and now colorable, I'd take it in baby steps. 

Problem with applying normal skins to Prime weapons is that quite a few of them have unique reload animations and rigging. So DE has to figure out how that's going to play out. And then there's the topic of sounds where the laser-weapon sounds of the Prime don't match up with the mechanical kinetic-projectile aesthetic of the stock version. 

I suppose currently the Soma skin on the Soma Prime, Braton skin on Braton Prime, 
or the Paris skin on Paris Prime all revert them to the animation of the regular version.

And skin can be applied on all variants, thus Initially my idea is also on Primed weapons, 
but since skin would change the animation, it would be applicable to all the variants
without issues.

The Conclave Sybaris skin is applicable across Sybaris, Dex Sybaris and Sybaris Prime.

For the players who want the look and sound, 

I would highly suggest vanilla sound pack, or able to pick the default sound

For weapons like Soma, Lex the prime and regular version sounded really similar so it would play out well.

But weapons like Sybaris Prime has distinctive firing sound, Latron Prime sounded totally different.
The Snipetron Vandal actually sounded less powerful than the default Snipetron sound.

Nikana would also have a very strange customization
unless it is the Ash Koga Deluxe Bundle's Ryu Nikana skin which I use it on the Nikana Prime.

You are only able to change the sheath using the Gemini Nikana sheath pack

The blade and handle remained unchanged and there is no skin.

I am not wishing for a whole lot of customization, but being able to use default Nikana skin on
the Nikana prime is kind of what I wish for more,

since the Primed blade form is totally not a Katana blade form but Chinese saber blade form.
the Ryu Nikana blade form is closer to Katakiriha-Zukuri without distal taper than the default Nikana's Shinogi-Zukuri.

It is highly noticeable even when the blade is flashed around very quickly, and even more in Captura.

61twK7MSJnL.jpgchinese_dao_sword.jpg

The vanilla skin is kind of already in game, making them into a skin pack would be easier to implement
than trying to re-animate anything (spare a thought for DE staff) I am not sure if that would be horribly difficult,
but DE can put the skin and sound pack in the market for a reasonable amount of Plats or Credits.

Or it could be the case of you need to spend more credits purchasing individual skin and sound, 
and the justification to buy the whole pack with plats is easier cheaper.

For players who have 1 - 2 favorite weapon they might justify by purchasing the individual skin and sound.
and if you are really fashion type it would be better off with the whole pack.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG