Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Prime Access Begins December 12!

[DE]Danielle

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

I mostly like Mirage Prime's looks, but... doesn't it break Warframe's "no straight-up facial features" aesthetic in a really big way? Do we really want a Warframe that has two great big honkin' eyes right on her face, when no other Warframe does? I've always really liked the sort of unknowableness of Warframes, which is based in huge part on the fact that they don't have eyes and noses and mouths where you'd expect them. 

Doesn't base Mirage (and all of her helmets) pretty much have eyes as well even though they don't have that shaping like that around them? Quite a few other frames have things that look like where eyes would be as well including many tennogen stuff, even though its just usually lights where eyes would be its not really that much different from Mirage or her prime. IMO the eyes fit her theme quite a bit too though since shes all about light and illusions which fits in with eyes yknow?

18 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

If so, my apologies then. Although that begs the question as to how DE should spell - or perhaps capitalize - the name. Mind you, it's their weapon, their lore, and their decision what to name certain things.

They didn't actually misspell anything. It's just that a lot of people were expecting Akzani Prime instead of Akbolto Prime since Akzani is stated to be Mirage's signature weapon, and it's confusing as to why they wouldn't prime her signature weapon with her.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Boxer2380 said:

They didn't actually misspell anything. It's just that a lot of people were expecting Akzani Prime instead of Akbolto Prime since Akzani is stated to be Mirage's signature weapon, and it's confusing as to why they wouldn't prime her signature weapon with her.

Real shame that. I was hoping for Akzani Prime as well, as I said earlier. Not just because it's supposed to be her signature weapon, but also because a pair of Primed automatic pistols doing primarily Puncture damage would be most welcome as I primarily fight Grineer. AkBolto Prime would probably fit the bill as a good pair of Puncture-based pistols, but they're semi-auto. Honestly, AkBolto should have been primed ages ago, but I guess better late than never.

Hydroid Prime got his signature weapon primed, Oberon Prime didn't...etc. DE really ought to be more consistent with release things.

27 minutes ago, AandOE said:

I was really hoping for Akzani Prime when I saw the thread title. D:

Likewise, although AkBolto Prime was hinted at about two weeks ago on Reddit. When I read that, I was rather disappointed. So this doesn't come as a surprise.

2 hours ago, oldversions said:

So.... its the kogake.... they will either end up god-tier, or the next ankyros prime.

I know, right? Ankyros Prime really need a buff.

I find it rather odd that after a bevy of prime frames with signature weapons you decided to give a frame which has had a signature weapon from the very start a completely different weapon in her prime access. The Akzani from their appearance down to the very name of the weapon is signature to Mirage and Mirage alone, yet what we get here is Akbolto prime, a weapon which could've been brought out with Zephyr Prime, a frame who has no signature weapons whatsoever. This is similar to Oberon, who's signature weapon seemed to be the Magistar originally, but became the Silva & Aegis due to his Deluxe skin.

So what we end up with is a graveyard of old weapons which haven't been touched by a buff nor brought up in discussion for priming.

I am seriously confused by the choice of Prime weapons here.

Why the Akbolto Prime? Mirage already has her signature weapon, the Akzani, why not prime those instead?

Not only that, but now there are two syndicate weapons from Hexis that have a Prime counterpart. No need at all considering all the other weapons available.

Also, Kogake Prime? We already have the Ankyros Prime for that type of weapon.

Upon the dozens of weapons that could have been primed, these are really poor choices.

Just now, ALEX_IV said:

I am seriously confused by the choice of Prime weapons here.

Why the Akbolto Prime? Mirage already has her signature weapon, the Akzani, why not prime those instead?

Not only that, but now there are two syndicate weapons from Hexis that have a Prime counterpart. No need at all considering all the other weapons available.

Also, Kogake Prime? We already have the Ankyros Prime for that type of weapon.

Upon the dozens of weapons that could have been primed, these are really poor choices.

To be fair the Kogake are sparring weapons, the Ankyros are fist weapons.

Il y a 7 heures, Void-Gunslinger a dit :

Akstiletto Prime requires 2x Stiletto Prime and a link?

Very bad example to begin with. Bolto exists and needed 2 of them to build akbolto. Akstiletto ? No single weapon used to craft it, it's an akimbo only. So there's no reason DE won't make bolto prime and use it to make Akbolto prime. Akbolto follow the same pattern like akbronco or Aklex, both having their single version primed.

So it was a legitimate question but we already know the answer as DE stated about that with the release of the Aklex prime : it won't be available...

9 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

I do believe I spell it properly. Read my post again...also, no need to give me a hard time about it.

First off, I don't recall ever mentioning you spefically in my original post, but glad other Tenno came in while I working to clear up the confusion.

8 hours ago, Neo_Ganryu said:

Considering that they were aiming their statement towards DE and not you, I'm pretty sure they weren't giving you a hard time about anything.

Thank you for clearing the air, you summed it all up quite well, glad we have fellow Tenno like you in this community.

7 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

I think that's a correct observation on all counts.

It seems a bit silly to spite something simply because it was offered before something else you wanted to see.

It's a pity (but understandable) that DE took the route of going with a more popular 'Frame; more opportunity and better guarantee of making some extra dosh during the holiday season. Yet they could have taken the opportunity earlier on to make Zephyr far more enjoyable and popular than she is now, Primed her, and given fans a nice treat for the holidays. Sadly, they didn't. I've been waiting for an overhaul and rework of Zephyr's abilities for some time now and even though Mirage is one of my fave 'Frames and it's nice to see her Primed, it's a shame she wound up cutting in front of Zephyr in the Prime Access line. Oh well...

If so, my apologies then. Although that begs the question as to how DE should spell - or perhaps capitalize - the name. Mind you, it's their weapon, their lore, and their decision what to name certain things.

DE is short for Digital Extremes in this case, and no harm no fowl.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Boxer2380 said:

And THANK YOU, you nailed the sentiment i was getting across.

4 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Real shame that. I was hoping for Akzani Prime as well, as I said earlier. Not just because it's supposed to be her signature weapon, but also because a pair of Primed automatic pistols doing primarily Puncture damage would be most welcome as I primarily fight Grineer. AkBolto Prime would probably fit the bill as a good pair of Puncture-based pistols, but they're semi-auto. Honestly, AkBolto should have been primed ages ago, but I guess better late than never.

Hydroid Prime got his signature weapon primed, Oberon Prime didn't...etc. DE really ought to be more consistent with release things.

I agree, I was just hoping for Akzani Prime just as you where, the Akzani pistols holds a special place in my arsenal/heart as among my favorite guns in Warframe, I'm just saddened to see DE exclude them from the Warframe that they would of gone with.

Archived