The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Use Of Sentinels

thelastpwnr99

Question

I somewhat prefer to be with out a little robo-cube buzzing above me all the time.  So Forums, I ask you: is a Sentinel worth it?  As a player focusing on acquiring Frost/Frost Prime and Vauban, will a little laser-spewing squid or worm or cube be a game-changer?  I know I have any and all mats necessary, but would I be better of focusing those mats towards my wanted frames?

8 answers to this question

Up to you, I find that while they all have things to contribute (such as massive assistive DPS...) it can be annoying to try and lvl up with them as their kills etc simply reduce your potential xp...

Sentinels are extremely helpful:

Dethcube has the highest offensive power of all the sentinels, killing off all the annoyances. Shade has the highest utility of all the sentinels, creating possible stealth runs and saving your life (and others). Wyrm has the highest crowd control of all the sentinels, but crowd control isn't as valued as offense or the cloak, sadly.

Depends entirely on your play style.

Frosty is more of a defence spec, even though his offensive skills can be buffed up you can always use extra dps that deathcube offers. It really does melt through lvl40+ mobs quite easily with the right mods.

Wyrm has a nice aoe stun, very useful against infested when they've cornered you. It's dps is okay, but I'm really using it for the stun.

Shade has the lowest dps of all, and with it's mod will only fire back at the enemies who attacked you. As mentioned above, it's cloak ability is very useful when you want to get by undetected as it activated whenever an enemy is near.

For Vauban I would pick either wyrm or shade, since vauban by himself is a killing machine already; although, if you opt out to only using Bastille (seen this happen) you'll need that extra dps, so go deathcube.

Edited by Pixydis

Depends entirely on your play style.

Frosty is more of a defence spec, even though his offensive skills can be buffed up you can always use extra dps that deathcube offers. It really does melt through lvl40+ mobs quite easily with the right mods.

Wyrm has a nice aoe stun, very useful against infested when they've cornered you. It's dps is okay, but I'm really using it for the stun.

Shade has the lowest dps of all, and with it's mod will only fire back at the enemies who attacked you. As mentioned above, it's cloak ability is very useful when you want to get by undetected as it activated whenever an enemy is near.

For Vauban I would pick either wyrm or shade, since vauban by himself is a killing machine already; although, if you opt out to only using Bastille (seen this happen) you'll need that extra dps, so go deathcube.

And the decision is made.  I'll start the building process ASAP.  I think I'll make...Wyrm.  And Dethcube afterwards.   Thanks once again, fellow Tenno, and particularly you, Pixy.  Have my little green rep arrows.

/Closed