[DE]Connor

Dev Workshop: The Features of Focus 2.5

Cool to see some advance sruff connor ^.^ 

No change to naramon right ?

Edited by trunks013
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the heads up! Hoping the changes not adressed yet will be adressed in the next devstream if they've not arrived yet.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Lenses will not be refunded this time around.

That's... sad :c

But i'm okey with everything else

• Upvote 9

So...the lenses will not be refunded.

That's unfortunate, considering most of my installed lenses are eidolon lens but oh well, I will get used to that.

Though, I like the focus pool change. Don't have wait 2 days to get 1 more into the pool. :V

EDIT:

-Void Strike (continues accumulating damage boosts over multiple uses of void mode, each rank adds additional attacks up to a max of 8)

-Lightning Dash (costs 10 energy per cast)

How about get rid of energy penalty to make Void Strike viable? Actually, how about get rid of the penalties from all the nodes, instead of giving more?

If I'm spending my time to farm focus so that I can spend it on a node, I'm not expecting to be punished for getting that node.

For example, Void Singularity which pulls enemies towards my operator while in Void mode (which I don't want when I go out from it, especially at high levels) and takes off more energy when in Void mode. This node is simply saying to me to not get it, simply because it's not useful in any way.

Edited by WhiteSpike
  • Upvote 33
  • Applause 3

Fix Void Mode powers costing additional energy drain on leveling them up. You shouldn't be punished for leveling up a skill that you can't level down.

Don't make Unairu a flat armor addition, keep it a percentage.

Make it so you can fill Pool like you can nodes, so you can put scraps into Pool from any other focus tree that you don't intend to use.

Edited by Magnus
  • Upvote 25
  • Applause 3

so will unbinding still cost 1 mill per?
LA08gbd.png

• Upvote 21
  • Woah 3
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Stone Skin (adds flat armor, 60 for both warframe and operator at max)

So my operator will go from having 720 armour down to 300...

RIP my 20 Magus Husk arcanes.

Overall I see this one huge nerf and no notable improvements.

Nevermind, I was thinking of Basilisk Scales. :facepalm:

Edited by Mudfam
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mudfam said:

So my operator will go from having 720 armour down to 300...

RIP my 20 Magus Husk arcanes.

Overall I see this one huge nerf and no notable improvements.

No, this was the OTHER armor skill. This only gave 20%. The 200% operator armor one is a separate skill.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Unairu:
-Void Spines (reflects 100% damage at max, up from 25%)
-Stone Skin (adds flat armor, 60 for both warframe and operator at max)

Ah, these changes are nice to see for Unairu. I think that any % below 100% was insignificant for Void Spines, because of the difference in magnitude between enemy health and enemy damage. 

Stone Skins change is interesting, anything with less than 300 armor wins out in the end. 

Here are two things I think needs to be looked at by the designers: 

• The Void Blast modifiers from the trees like Madurai could really use some scaling from the amp used by the Operator, for relevance.
  • Armor buffs can get confusing. Will Stone Skins be applied to base armor and affected by mods? Will it be affected by abilities? What abilities affect base armor and not bonus armor from mods or focus? An in-game stat screen would be mighty useful, I think. 
  • Upvote 3
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, OvisCaedo said:

No, this was the OTHER armor skill. This only gave 20%. The 200% operator armor one is a separate skill.

Yeah, I realised my mistake.

Overall then I'd say the changes just seem very underwhelming.

• Applause 1

How about making Naramon's Executing Dash sleep enemies instead of just opening them up to finishers with even less CC than not having the node on at all.

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

new hairstyle in future????

Yeah seriously...

How about an operator visual 2.0 or something? More customisation for noses, eyebrows and haircuts with physics? We know eye textures/shaders are being worked on but we kinda need more.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Overall, some babysteps in the right direction.

However:

Why downgrade an already highly underwhelming, flat-damage, no-utility node? In fact, why haven't you gotten rid of ALL energypenalties on all the nodes? As soon as I see a penalty, it just means I'll NEVER upgrade that node. ESPECIALLY not those on Void Mode (as more time in Void Mode is too invaluable)

Gotta agree here, Focus should not be a system of tradeoffs because it is supposed to be an upwards progression system. If someone ever decides to not rank up a node because it will harm their playstyle, there is an issue. And tying that extra energy drain onto Void Dash is probably the worst possible option as anyone who has invested heavily into Focus 2.0 with the aim of improved mobility (Void Flow + Mind Sprint) will steer far away from anything that will effectively decrease the effectiveness of Void Dash. An energy orb is nice, but at the cost of less movement? Hell no.

And on another note, could you take a second look at how Madurai interacts with your Warframe? Most of the other schools have interesting synergies between Operator and Warframe abilities, but Madurai is heavily focused on your Operator doing damage (which is basically nothing compared to a Warframe).

In addition Unairu's Sundering Dash being capped at 75% armor reduction is pretty underwhelming given that other options in the game (including an Aura that requires no gameplay) can completely strip armor. It is basically just a single corrosive proc... and there are weapons that can do countless corrosive procs per second. Would stripping 100% armor at max rank really be that powerful?

One more note on Unairu, even reflecting 100% damage is... well... worthless, given how little damage enemies do. Maybe have it also reflect status procs to give it some utility?

• Upvote 25
  • Applause 3

5 minutes ago, Kinperor said:

Ah, these changes are nice to see for Unairu. I think that any % below 100% was insignificant for Void Spines, because of the difference in magnitude between enemy health and enemy damage. 

Currently 1-4 damage per bullet, multiplied by 4 is only 4-12 damage per bullet, if you're lucky. It is still insignificant.

• Upvote 4

Hmmm.

@[DE]Connor

Will we also be getting another Lens reset, or is there any word towards a way to remove Lenses from gear? Some of us have Eidolon Lenses which we want to slot, but which we cannot install without destroying and wasting Greater Lenses.

Also, these changes look great!

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Upvote 6

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmmm.

@[DE]Connor

Will we also be getting another Lens reset, or is there any word towards a way to remove Lenses from gear? Some of us have Eidolon Lenses which we want to slot, but which we cannot install without destroying and wasting Greater Lenses.

Also, these changes look great!

26 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Lenses will not be refunded this time around.

• Upvote 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3

Just now, paul5473 said:

Balls. Thanks Paul, but that is one hell of a terrible decision by DE.

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Balls. Thanks Paul, but that's is a hell of a terrible decision by DE.

I know, also greater lens are not even in the game anymore as a drop...

Edited by paul5473
  • Upvote 7