Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Features of Focus 2.5

[DE]Connor

48 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Discussions about Convergence are still ongoing; for the time being, we have an interest in maintaining the mechanic for the change of pacing it can offer, and we will think on it even more once higher priority issues are resolved.

A "change of pacing" isn't worth having to take an annoying detour and then hope that enough enemies are still hanging around for it to even be worth the trouble. I've lost count of the number of times I've picked the thing up only for the enemies to be on coffee break. Doesn't help that it has to disappear if I don't pick it up fast enough. If Convergence has to stay, at least give me an option in the menus or wherever to bump enemy spawns up to 4-player level when I'm soloing or playing with the one other Tenno that I give a hoot about.

I must say, Syndicates and even Cetus Standing are far less boring to farm than Focus is.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Stone Skin (adds flat armor, 60 for both warframe and operator at max)

Will this be considered base armor for the purposes of Mods? 

A 60 armor increase on Ember would be about a 10% increase in damage mitigation, where as a 60 armor increase on Valkry would be a 3% increase in damage mitigation. 

My biggest question on things not mentioned is the refunded points. Will these be the exact points we spent on 2.0 for nodes? Or will be be given the node equivalent for 2.5? 
Curious to see no changes to Naramon....
And can I just say "Thank Stars!", the node costs were toned down as well as pool cost. I look forward to seeing my new focus node toys, the useful ones anyways. I have hope that the other drain ones will be tweaked properly and become viable in a future update.

22 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Discussions about Convergence are still ongoing; for the time being, we have an interest in maintaining the mechanic for the change of pacing it can offer, and we will think on it even more once higher priority issues are resolved.

On that topic, will we see an increase on the base focus gain overall? Maybe also reduce the multiplier on the convergence orb so the average gain is basically the same: that way, players will not feel forced to wait for a convergence orb to spawn and will feel less penalized when it spawns on weird/hardly reachable places, or where there are only a few enemies around (end of the wave in defense missions for example).

Change of pacing that Convergence Orbs offer... That's why we still have them?

Same can be said about why we need them to be gone, you know. They disrupt gameplay, forcing us to wait for enemy spawns before picking it up, having to go back just to pick it up... It doesn't help that the behaviour of these orb spawns - especially in the Plains - are erratic, slow, and generally bad. You've fixed the orb spawns happening beneath the ground for the most part, but take this for instance.

You've just finished your last bounty mission, and now it's time to pack up and move out to another bounty. You've summoned your Archwing, and you're flying there. But wait, the Convergence Orb managed to spawn late, and now it's all the way back at the old bounty area. Do you bother to go back, and then fly to the objective location - which will seem like you're not really helping the team, not to mention you'll likely waste half the time on the Orb anyway - or do you ignore it, and just forfeit the extra focus gains?

Focus Orbs offer very little in the grand scale of things, but in mission-to-mission basis, they come across as this thing you really should pick up for some tangible bonuses down the road. Picking them up is such a pain, but you're obligated to do so because the base focus gains with just Lenses (even Eidolon Lenses) - are just awful.

8 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Good to hear there has been some positive movement on the focus front, though if I might ask, what will happen to invested Brilliant Shards?

Good question Urlan! The Brilliant Eidolon Shards that were used to unbind waybound nodes will be refunded as items, and Shards converted to Focus will be refunded as points.

15 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Will this be considered base armor for the purposes of Mods? 

A 60 armor increase on Ember would be about a 10% increase in damage mitigation, where as a 60 armor increase on Valkry would be a 3% increase in damage mitigation. 

It would scale their ehp the same amount though. Even across all frames.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Good question Urlan! The Brilliant Eidolon Shards that were used to unbind waybound nodes will be refunded as items, and Shards converted to Focus will be refunded as points.

Awesome! I am a little disappointed that it has been 2 years since convergence was added and it still is in the game. BUT, that does not dismiss the fact that is a great leap in the right direction in terms of focus. DE may have to rework the affinity system if they keep focus based off that and are trying to find a way that you cannot power farm affinity. 

Please reconsider not refunding lenses, I've been waiting on these focus changes for weeks in the hope that I could install my Eidolon lenses without destroying the Greater lenses I have installed.

Or perhaps give us a method of upgrading or removing lenses.

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Lenses will not be refunded this time around.

Ummmmmmm

You planning on refunding me all the plat I spent on those lenses? Because if not we will have a problem.

Nevermind I took the notes as, "Going to remove the lenses and not refund them"

Lenses will just stay installed on their current weps.......don't care....bye

2 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Will unbinding nodes still be a million focus? 4 full days of farming is kind of rough with current acquisition

No, it isn't. Furthermore, it can be done in a singular day with Teralyst farming currently.

1 minute ago, Magnus said:

No, it isn't. Furthermore, it can be done in a singular day with Teralyst farming currently.

Yes , yes it is, because not everyone can play warframe for 4 hours a day. Or wants to be stuck with the dumbest of meta builds to farm focus

1 minute ago, Magnus said:

The vast majority of players don't cap their Focus daily currently, let alone hunt 30 minimum Teralysts per day.
If DE only wanted the 10 hours played per day players to rank up their Focus they wouldn't be making these changes at all.

Just now, Dornez said:

Yes , yes it is, because not everyone can play warframe for 4 hours a day. Or wants to be stuck with the dumbest of meta builds to farm focus

The focus farming system is based off affinity. Unless DE completely changes the way affinity works in this game or departs focus from affinity, you will always need a "meta" farm. Draco for Focus is getting the same treatment Draco did, it will be moves. You can never destroy a loot cave, only move them.

Good changes overall, I hope we can still trade Eidolon Shards in exchange for focus points after the changes.

However I think that the balance between nodes from different schools and more importantly between nodes on the same school needs to be worked further. As an example, why would I invest into Zenurik's energy pulse, if I can get much more energy from energizing dash, without depending on orbs availability and benefit my whole team, It would be a different thing if Energy Pulse worked while channeling...

Also, please remove the forma from greater lenses!

6 minutes ago, Dornez said:

5 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

The vast majority of players don't cap their Focus daily currently, let alone hunt 30 minimum Teralysts per day.
If DE only wanted the 10 hours played per day players to rank up their Focus they wouldn't be making these changes at all.

Players' choice. Choosing to be less effective is punished with being less effective. That's how it is in any game. If you want the Focus, you go get it. Four days is nothing. A half hour of grind each day is nothing (and a half hour is being generous). Doing it the right way? Just as miniscule. And the rewards for it can be fantastic.

Don't beg for things. Do it yourself. The world won't do it for you.

Why give Zenurik's Lightning Dash an energy increase?

The whole point of the Zenurik and Naramon waybounds is to make your Void Dashes traverse extreme distances on the fly.

Why lower your available dashes for some low strength slow as mollases lightning orb?

Please reconsider, dear developers.

Archived