Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Features of Focus 2.5

[DE]Connor

8 minutes ago, ArturiaFayth said:

Only thing i don't really like with the redesign ( besides the lack of a respec with the lenses but okay ) is that unairu gets a small nerf and buff at the same time with the armor increase changing to a flat number.

If we go with a squishy frame like say banshee with 15 armor, the flat 60 will be far more usable then the 20% armor for sure. With the percentage thing, banshee would go up to 18 points of armor where-as the flat one would increase it to 75 armor. No complaints there.

The part i have a complaint with is when it comes to some of the more tanky frames as the armor buff seems to be more aimed at the squishier frames instead of the tanky frames.

Lets take valkyr prime for an example as she has the most armor without adding in buffs and what not more with the 700 base armor.

If we give her that same 20% extra armor, it would increase to 840 which is 80 more then the flat out 60 extra armor the change will give. One of the reasons the percentage one worked so well was because unairu was used mainly to increase the tanks to even higher tanking ranks where-as squishy frames had no business with unairu anyways.

I get what you're saying, but the percentage was an issue because it was a case of the rich getting richer. Tanks were already very survivable & didn't need unairu to bolster their ehp. Squishy frames on the other hand, really didn't have that many impactful options for increasing their EHP. Plus, a flat number is useful on a much larger % of frames VS the percentage based value.

for all you people that cant follows simple things, not refunding lens just means the lens stay where they have been placed by you already, you arent losing them, they arent being taken off your weapons or frames, come on people use that common sesne you should all have

3 hours ago, Exterminator said:

You've just finished your last bounty mission, and now it's time to pack up and move out to another bounty. You've summoned your Archwing, and you're flying there. But wait, the Convergence Orb managed to spawn late, and now it's all the way back at the old bounty area. Do you bother to go back, and then fly to the objective location - which will seem like you're not really helping the team, not to mention you'll likely waste half the time on the Orb anyway - or do you ignore it, and just forfeit the extra focus gains?

I mean if a convergence orb spawns and its out of your way just ignore it? like it will respawn again so I dont see the problem here. I think the bigger problem is the spawn locations of the convergence orbs and the focus gain not convergence orbs themselves. As far as I know, convergence orbs have never disrupted my gameplay and if so it's only because they spawned slightly out of my way so i have to go a weird direction to get them. That being said most of the time they spawn on my way so I pick them up as I go. I think if they made them spawn closer to you and on your way it would be better.

3 minutes ago, Crimson-Tenno said:

Why...

Because everything good has to have a significant downside based on Scott's terrible design sense. None of these nodes should have energy costs, unlocking them is a significant investment and unlocking them shouldn't ever make the base ability worse; increasing the cost means you can use it a fewer number of times for which you gain only a small amount of damage. Overall most people will decide not to invest in this node at all.

Just now, Ampoth said:

Because everything good has to have a significant downside based on Scott's terrible design sense. None of these nodes should have energy costs, unlocking them is a significant investment and unlocking them shouldn't ever make the base ability worse; increasing the cost means you can use it a fewer number of times for which you gain only a small amount of damage. Overall most people will decide not to invest in this node at all.

^^^ This... we want the little guy to be usable... adding costs to some of the nodes makes those nodes unusable. whats even worse you cant select what level you want the node to be set at... so if you increase a cost node and you want the node after it in the chain it also makes the second node useless aswell...

4 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Overall, some babysteps in the right direction.

However:

Why downgrade an already highly underwhelming, flat-damage, no-utility node? In fact, why haven't you gotten rid of ALL energypenalties on all the nodes? As soon as I see a penalty, it just means I'll NEVER upgrade that node. ESPECIALLY not those on Void Mode (as more time in Void Mode is too invaluable)

EDIT:
Also, get rid of the Convergence Orb and increase gains overall, please?

The Convergence Orb leads to REALLY weird gameplay, for example:

• It encourages not killing until it spawns (if you are farming focus, mainly) and save up LOTS of enemies, then kill them all as quickly as possibly. This also promotes burst-damage gameplay (such as (ab)using Maim Equinox, Resonating Quake Banshee, etc), something I've heard you dislike yourselves, DE (yes?).
  • It leads to delaying gameplay, like in defense missions, so that the orb's timer runs out first before you finish the mission/wave, so you get the bonus without losing out on bonuspoints. This can bother your teammates a whole bunch.
  • It DOES encourage you to move around here and there, yes, but so would increasing the passive gains so we don't HAVE to dedicatedly farm for Focus points (but rather let us play casually and still get decent amounts of it every day). The cap is there anyway, so what's the point of miniscule gains as well?
  • Further, Lenses leads to anti-diversity of gameplay. I'm not a "mainer" by any means (I love the variety in the game), so I hate Lenses with a passion. So: General Focus point pool too please? Lenses being consumables for flat amounts of Focus points instead please?

EDIT 2:
If you, DE, think that you can't do powerful nodes without energy-drawbacks to balance them, I've tried to help you out with that right here:

Sweet RNGeesus this post pretty much covered nearly everything I wanted to say.

But I want to add that for every operator damage ability, give it some viability. 2.0 was really lackluster for the "void demon" making any sort of difference or unique twist in their role for an endgame system.

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Unairu:
-Void Spines (reflects 100% damage at max, up from 25%)
-Stone Skin (adds flat armor, 60 for both warframe and operator at max)

Oh wow thanks DE, 60 flat armor for 200 thousand focus! thats a whole day of farming! way to kick us when we are down ;)

I am sorry but capacity is such a pointless thing to have. You might as well just take that cost and distribute it among the nodes since it's nothing but an arbitrary tax anyway. The end result would be the same. I suggest adding a secondary effect that actually makes buying more capacity worthwhile (increased daily cap, increased focus gains, increased convergence duration, stuff like that).

As for convergence, if you're not willing to drop it because you like to have us move around, at least change it to something that we can store and activate later during the mission (one charge, indicated by a yellow glow on the icon in the lower-right corner, activated by holding down 5). It would solve half our problems without ruining its effect on pacing. You'd give players a strategic choice and if they mess it up, they've got nobody to blame but themselves. It's not an ideal solution, but it would help and it would be relatively simple to implement. Even thematically, I feel it makes more sense for the Tenno to deliberately activate their focus, rather than being forced into it by some ominous swirly ball.

1 minute ago, Mana_Caldaria said:

Even thematically, I feel it makes more sense for the Tenno to deliberately activate their focus, rather than being forced into it by some ominous swirly ball.

I feel like being able to activate it would be a neat idea. Cause the convergence orbs aren't and unnecessary of a thing as people are making it out to be

il y a 34 minutes, ArturiaFayth a dit :

Only thing i don't really like with the redesign ( besides the lack of a respec with the lenses but okay ) is that unairu gets a small nerf and buff at the same time with the armor increase changing to a flat number.

If we go with a squishy frame like say banshee with 15 armor, the flat 60 will be far more usable then the 20% armor for sure. With the percentage thing, banshee would go up to 18 points of armor where-as the flat one would increase it to 75 armor. No complaints there.

The part i have a complaint with is when it comes to some of the more tanky frames as the armor buff seems to be more aimed at the squishier frames instead of the tanky frames.

Lets take valkyr prime for an example as she has the most armor without adding in buffs and what not more with the 700 base armor.

If we give her that same 20% extra armor, it would increase to 840 which is 80 more then the flat out 60 extra armor the change will give. One of the reasons the percentage one worked so well was because unairu was used mainly to increase the tanks to even higher tanking ranks where-as squishy frames had no business with unairu anyways.

The difference between 700 and 820 armour is less than 5% damage reduction improvement. The difference between 15 and 75 armour is like 15% more DR. While I do think the increase should maybe be a bit larger (even if affected by mods), the fact that this is a net improvement to the survivability for most of the frames in the game is better than the slight nerf to three frames with much better survivability gimmicks than just armour. The only frame where this is a nerf while also not having some other survivability gimmick is Atlas, which has far bigger problems than slightly less armour.

That lighting dash energy cost oof.

Infact why do some void powers cost more energy over time and the like? I kinda get making frames suffer from an energy economic crisis because the pay out levels it out (sometimes) but operators should be a different story. They're directly harnessing void energy and, let's be real, the pay out void powers warrant less than something needing extra energy consumption.

2 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

This is the quicker .5 something from DE I have seen yet...

Thats the problem... they doing it so quick but really havent looked at the current problems with the focus system...

like seriously adding another cost to Lightning dash when ALL the abilities need the costs REMOVED...

This still still sounds like focus 1.3... you will hit and hit over and over again, and ur still going on circles doing nothing to change focus.

Give us tangible tools, not yet another a little percentage for that here and that other thing there.

Make the focus system actual powers, or better yet, tools for stealth, since there is ZERO stealth mechanics in warframe, outside the stealth frames.

Holy hell that lightning dash nerf is brutal. Not gonna skill it anymore if it means you can chain less dashes...

This is a terrible, terrible change. This means that now Zenurik has 3 Nodes that you will never ever put points into since they nerf how long you can stay in void mode, and now how often you can dash as a movement tool.

4 hours ago, Yaerion said:

Instead of giving 4 revives for an entire mission (which doesn't seem like a passive, but more of a single buff capacity), could we have either:

Alright, I see this misconception going around a lot lately, so let me clear this up.

Mending Soul gives 4 revive charges, individually, to both Operator and Warframe!
You need to use all eight charges across both states before you are able to refresh another set of eight charges.

It is NOT four revives per mission.

Mmmmmm I'm not sure how much I like the increased immunity time for Vazarin. I have Protective Dash maxed out and usually use it as a buffer to safely tank and gain energy via Rage. That increased immunity is going to make things difficult tbh. I'd rather have an increase duration of the heal-over-time instead of full-on immunity :(

Great changes, but I'm I the only person very desapointed to hear that focus lenses aren't beeing refunded this time around. I have Eidelon Lens build just waiting for a refund to put then on my gear.... The idea of losing great lens is at the moment the most painful plat sink in game, and I hope you guys address this issue!!!! 

Archived