Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Prime

(PSN)NEXUSKILLER0117

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

DE just should make it so that you have to rank the normal version to 30 first. And only then you can build the Prime.
This way, not everybody would just buy a cheap set, and quests wouldn't become "useless".

Unless you bought the Prime Access. So, if you had like a level 1 Mirage, you'd still be able to have Mirage Prime, so I don't know.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Personally I'm gonna keep my old mirage. Honestly, I'm really bad about getting new primed frames. I still haven't even gotten vauban..... and it isn't because of the resource costs.

Have fun with getting all that Nitain, Oxium, Argon Crystals, etc..

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE just should make it so that you have to rank the normal version to 30 first. And only then you can build the Prime.
This way, not everybody would just buy a cheap set, and quests wouldn't become "useless".

I would actually like it if that’s how all Prime ‘frames work. The blueprints you recover from Orokin Relics show exactly how the systems and casings of a Prime Warframe work, and then you have to sacrifice the baseline Warframe of that type, which must be rank 30, fully mastered, gutting out the core of it, and rebuilding a new Prime around it. It would feel neat, like if you carefully leveled the baseline variant, and still kept it with you.

il y a 3 minutes, BornWithTeeth a dit :

I would actually like it if that’s how all Prime ‘frames work. The blueprints you recover from Orokin Relics show exactly how the systems and casings of a Prime Warframe work, and then you have to sacrifice the baseline Warframe of that type, which must be rank 30, fully mastered, gutting out the core of it, and rebuilding a new Prime around it. It would feel neat, like if you carefully leveled the baseline variant, and still kept it with you.

It would feel disgustingly grindy at most.

You'd be forced to keep the original variant of a warframe in your inventory until its prime come out.
Or you could sell it and then spend another 3-5 hours farming its parts again, then 3 days to build it and another 20 minutes in Akkad to max its level. Which is really a hassle.

If you did the same with every existing weapon you'd also be in for quite a platinum ride, which would be even more disgusting.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

You'd be forced to keep the original variant of a warframe in your inventory until its prime come out.
Or you could sell it and then spend another 3-5 hours farming its parts again, then 3 days to build it and another 20 minutes in Akkad to max its level. Which is really a hassle.

Not to be an A-Hole, but Hydron is faster and more effective.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Unless you bought the Prime Access. So, if you had like a level 1 Mirage, you'd still be able to have Mirage Prime, so I don't know.

DE COULD make it so you can only use things from prime access if you fullfilled certain requirements. So if you get Mirage Prime from a PA, you would still have to rank up the normal Mirage...

1 minute ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

If you truly weren’t bothered to keep the baseline in your inventory, why are you building the Prime?

il y a 3 minutes, BornWithTeeth a dit :

If you truly weren’t bothered to keep the baseline in your inventory, why are you building the Prime?

Because I wasn't interested in them until they offered it the usual Prime access "Buff"?

Look at old saryn, I was absolutely disgusted by the press 4 to win so I trashed her as soon as she reached 30, however the rework + the prime made me build her and keep her.

With your idea in place, I'd have to spend an entire day farming Arena points and fighting Kela for a chance of getting all the three parts only to wait another 3 whole day for her to be built and re-levelling it to 30 despite already doing so once before.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE COULD make it so you can only use things from prime access if you fullfilled certain requirements. So if you get Mirage Prime from a PA, you would still have to rank up the normal Mirage...

True, I completely agree, but.. A lot of people would probably get mad at DE. I could almost promise you there would be a few people in the Forums who would get pissy about this. Some of the Warframes are.. Pretty hard to get. Like, say if Limbo Prime came out. People would be forced to complete the annoying Arch-wing missions to be able to even get him. As much as I'd agree about this system becoming a thing.. DE wouldn't do it. 

Just now, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

True, I completely agree, but.. A lot of people would probably get mad at DE. I could almost promise you there would be a few people in the Forums who would get pissy about this. Some of the Warframes are.. Pretty hard to get. Like, say if Limbo Prime came out. People would be forced to complete the annoying Arch-wing missions to be able to even get him. As much as I'd agree about this system becoming a thing.. DE wouldn't do it. 

It makes the game a bit more grindy, yes. But people would have to deal with it. And people would learn more about the game this way.
And actually nobody is forced to do anything in Warframe. You can always buy it. If people are willing to buy the Limbo Prime PA, then they can also buy the normal Limbo.

But in the end, it is as it is. And DE will do something, or they wont. We can't do much about it. We can just throw some thoughts out there.

12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

It makes the game a bit more grindy, yes. But people would have to deal with it. And people would learn more about the game this way.
And actually nobody is forced to do anything in Warframe. You can always buy it. If people are willing to buy the Limbo Prime PA, then they can also buy the normal Limbo.

But in the end, it is as it is. And DE will do something, or they wont. We can't do much about it. We can just throw some thoughts out there.

What I'm saying is that DE wouldn't do it, profit-wise. They want buyers, and for them to have to work up to be able to even buy the access would be bad for their profit, and indirectly be bad for us because they rely on the money WE, as players pay for the Access to put in the money to make more contact. Your idea? I like it. But is it good for profit? No. Now if we're talking about getting the prime frame through trading, that's completely different.

Edited by (XB1)Mythical Warden

15 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Because I wasn't interested in them until they offered it the usual Prime access "Buff"?

Look at old saryn, I was absolutely disgusted by the press 4 to win so I trashed her as soon as she reached 30, however the rework + the prime made me build her and keep her.

With your idea in place, I'd have to spend an entire day farming Arena points and fighting Kela for a chance of getting all the three parts only to wait another 3 whole day for her to be built and re-levelling it to 30 despite already doing so once before.

Then that's fair. How would you feel if it were made an option?

Either build the Prime Warframe from scratch, and it works completely as normal,

OR

Destroy, rebuild, and upgrade the baseline into the Prime, and get one free Polarity allocation, the equivalent of one free Forma. Orokin Reactors, Exilus Adapters, any and all Forma which have been aplied, and the lens if it has one, all of those are not carried over.

Would you find that objectionable?

As a new player, it never made sense to me that the normal frame/weapon wasn't needed for the prime. It's an unintuitive system progression wise. It makes building the original obsolete. They shouldn't make normal variants feel obsolete. The least they should've done is require full mastery of normal variant before being allowed to have full access to prime.

-but it's not really that big of a deal. Just weird

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

As a new player, it never made sense to me that the normal frame/weapon wasn't needed for the prime. It's an unintuitive system progression wise. It makes building the original obsolete. They shouldn't make Norman variants feel obsolete. The least they should've done is require full mastery of normal variant before being allowed to have full access to prime.

-but it's not really that big of a deal. Just weird

Well, lore wise it makes no sense for them to be required. Basically they are reversed engineered frames not made by the Orokin, at least as far as I know. Let's think it like this : There's Nitendo Switch and then there's CEMU, a reversed engineer emulator. You don't need CEMU to build a Nitendo Switch in case you get your hands on its blueprints with all the details in.