The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Passive

FitzSimmons

1000 damage on every single hit for 10 second? So that, for example, with a maximum bonus a Soma Prime - which can shoot 150 times in 10 seconds, without reloading, and get an additional 0.9 clips from multishot - gets a bonus of 285K damage?

Why this call to completely break one of the strongest passives in the game? Vauban gets 50 armor of whatever, and you want Volt to get 284K damage more?

Wow. Just wow. The game might be slightly broken in many regards, but that's not a good reason for players to try to completely break it using a Jat Kittag.

It is good as it already is, I believe the 1000 extra damage stacks with additional crit and/ or stealth kill damage, which, with the right build, can deal lots of extra damage for free.

Though it's just one single hit that gets the damage, remember that Volt can replenish the 1000 extra damage really quickly, if using a maxed Speed-Volt.

Edited by MrM1

1 hour ago, MrM1 said:

It is good as it already is, I believe the 1000 extra damage stacks with additional crit and/ or stealth kill damage, which, with the right build, can deal lots of extra damage for free.

Though it's just one single hit that gets the damage, remember that Volt can replenish the 1000 extra damage really quickly, if using a maxed Speed-Volt.

Or even transistor shield augment if you're hiding behind it while getting shot

5 hours ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

It's fine and far better than many passives.

Would you mind explaining why? Just saying it’s fine doesn’t exactly contribute to the conversation nor does it back up your position.

On topic, while the solution presented by the OP isn’t the most optimal it does present the more glaring issues with the passive that IMO should be adressed.

First is that, as pointed out, this makes Volt very weapon selective as this is only thruthly effective on weapons that hit hard each strike, therefore damning auto weapons or those with fast fire rates.

The second and definitely biggest issue is (which is partly at fault for the first one) that it all goes away in one strike and you don’t get to choose when, one ability cast, one melee hit or one shot and it all goes away immediately you can’t even choose when. Naturally this is very problematic when fighting several enemies since it’s very easy to waste whatever you saved up on a trash mob as well as other situations where you’d have wanted that bonus dmg, also the fact that you can lose it all by melee striking containers is in dire need of some serious fixing.

————-

Personally I feel like the passive could be changed, but keep the same concept, to have it easily deal with this issue.

My suggestion would be: Instead of a flat number it could be a percentage based on the damage of the strike delivered, be it melee, shot or power. Naturally this would mean that the maximum output could end up being lower than a flat addition but you’d be able to retain it for every strike you make.... so long as you keep moving, which would be the cost for this tradeoff, move to both generate charge and mantain it and if you were to stand still it would begin to decrease gradually.

Edited by RahuHordika
Minor typos

1 hour ago, Ventasis said:

The only good thing about his passive is that it'll occasionally proc shock when you melee, which is another stack of CO. Otherwise it isn't very good & I wouldn't mind seeing it changed to something else tbh. 

his passive was only useful against corpus, now it is useful against grineer as well even for high level grineer lv 100+ heavy unit if u use critical rifle with hunter munition, if you have raeched the cap of static charge and do slash proc from hunter munition when having 1000 static charge, it deals a great damage. i can even reach (lowest number) 12k/s of slash proc on headshot, without serration, just hunter munition and static charge. its the strongest passive buff in the game. its just the way player can use it effectively is only with electric shield + transistor shield being shot by many enemies. i did 60k slash proc damage per second with synapse on lv 150 heavy gunners. idk if DE will ever nerf this if they know. with this setup i dont even need serration, and split chamber if i want to play camping with electric shield to kill lv 150 grineer heavy unit. on some condition, its OP. you will even get to deal damage more than octavia and chroma capable of (maybe)

Edited by FitzSimmons

9 hours ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

It's fine and far better than many passives.

No, it is nothing diffrent with no passive at all. It give the weapon lightning proc, but if I ever need for it I can simply press 1 instead and make far better result.

Edited by DroopingPuppy