The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player + Nitain requirements. Help!

Hickeroar

I've been playing the game for about 2 weeks now, about to hit mastery rank 8, spent a good deal of $$ on platinum, and am generally just having a blast with it. It's a very fun game.

That said, I hit a surprising snag recently when I saw that I had farmed up all the blueprints I'd need for Vauban Prime, and I have all the ingredients...except Nitain. I looked into how to farm Nitain, and it's apparently very rare. 2% drop chance in sabotage missions, and only 4 drops per day on alerts (which i can't be available for all the time.)

Vauban requires TWENTY Nitain, and in the two weeks I've been playing, I've only received ONE. It's going to take me months to farm up what I need at this rate even though the blueprints themselves took only a few days to get ahold of.

This seems like a pretty severe resource balance issue. Can something be done about it? Couldn't it at least be made trade-able so the people who've built everything in the game that needs it can offload it to others?

Each day, there are 4 nitain alerts. Its not always possible to get them of course with real world concerns and schedules but that is an option. The only other option is an exceedingly rare drop from ship sabotage hidden caches. Getting all three has a low chance to give a single nitain upon completion.

This is one of the resources that you accumulate over a long period of time and not something that you should actively farm for. You should pay close attention to the alerts though and get as many as you can from there. Either subscribe to the twitter feed or get an alert widget on your phone or PC. 

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask a player to farm that amount of Nitain for a Prime, specially considering that the regular version is also an alert based reward. If you can get at least one a day, you will have vauban P in less than a month. Of course time constraints and things like those may extend that but you just have to be vigilant if you want to have it. Good luck, and happy farming tenno.

Yeah. Generally requires a lots of nitains is a hugh problem, but only for Vauban Prime that would be not that serious issue because basic Vauban is also an alert exclusive warframe so it must be harder to gain than the basic version. Many people are not able to get it the basic version for months, or even years. -_- I do think that requires 20 nitains is a silly idea, but I don't think that DE can make more better idea easily. Else they need to lower the difficulty of basic Vauban as well.

Only if the total would be 12 to 15 then it would be not that bad, although still it would be painful.

Well DE should allow us to sell Nitain extract.

I mean I have surplus and that's even after donating a balance to clan ... and yes I have Vauban P.

They could really just make Nitain and Cetus Wisp tradable like fish.

No way to speed it up - it's an intentional time gate material. I mean, kinda, there is a way from sabotage hidden caches that you can possibly get a nitan from it. Outside of that you have to wait on the alerts.