Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding some more rewards to Teshin

----Legacy----

I've been thinking of the issues of conclave while looking for ways to encourage people to play it, add something that isn't currently available through pvp but wouldn't cause issues with pve people screaming "i'm being forced to play pvp for that reward" while also adding something that helps player powercreep progression to teshin.

And suddenly it came to me: add Forma BP to Teshin rewards. 

Why forma bp? Because it's a consumable item that can be crafted just once a day (takes 24 hours to craft unless rushed) can be obtained through pve's rng and has a lot of different uses such as adding polarities to warframes and weapons, crafting weapons (allowing the growth of the arsenal of the pvp focused player and improving his experience); building dojo rooms and labs, which are necessary to get access to some weapons that require forma to craft (yay!); make exilus adapters to get an additional mod slot on your warframe for further customization; and some other PvE related uses.

Lock it behind typhoon (we don't need people staying in RC and ruining it to get access to forma bp's like some do for relics) and make it expensive (around 88K standing, for example) so there is no way to get our hands filled with bps faster than we use them.

Thoughts?

88k standing is way out of the park. Doing moon pipe organ runs is faster, just doing fissures is faster.

Putting it behind typhoon? That's one month of grinding standing, considering how long it takes to que up for a pvp game.

Not sure if adding more rewards to conclave is what we want. It's just more grind that has to be done, more stuff you gotta grind for.

And conclave isn't that fast, even with the recent additions, mainly because there are few who play it. Even with the recent xp buffs.

Last time conclave was populated was the quick steel event or when lunaro was released.

Just now, ironfirefist said:

88k standing is way out of the park. Doing moon pipe organ runs is faster, just doing fissures is faster.

The number is just an example, took it to avoid being able to get more than one bp each time while also offering a standing sink for people who already has everything but still plays the mode. I know that there are faster ways to get forma through pve, so those who despise conclave for whatever reason can stick with those.

4 minutes ago, ironfirefist said:

Putting it behind typhoon? That's one month of grinding standing, considering how long it takes to que up for a pvp game.

Conclave should not be seen as another grind, leave those words at pve.

5 minutes ago, ironfirefist said:

Not sure if adding more rewards to conclave is what we[s/] I want. It's just more grind that has to be done, more stuff you gotta grind for.

As pointed before, it's a reward that can be earned in many other ways so people have no reason to say that they are being forced to play pvp to get it like some players claim is the case for the celestia beams or the conclave skins. Nothing to worry about, let alone make a fuss.

9 minutes ago, ironfirefist said:

And conclave isn't that fast, even with the recent additions, mainly because there are few who play it. Even with the recent xp buffs.

You're confusing the pace of the game with the speed at which you gain standing, these are two entirely different things.

9 minutes ago, ironfirefist said:

Last time conclave was populated was the quick steel event or when lunaro was released.

I had no issue joining lobbies right poe was released, that's way after the quick steel event and the release of lunaro. Also the activity is currently rising again but you can be sure it's most likely gonna drop once mirage prime is released. 

18 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Thoughts?

Great idea, but it should be around 20k, which is the cost of a relic pack.
I believe Forma BPs already drop as end-of-match rewards (or at least they used to), but the rate is (was) incredibly low.

18 hours ago, ironfirefist said:

Not sure if adding more rewards to conclave is what we want. It's just more grind that has to be done, more stuff you gotta grind for.

A Forma BP is somehow "stuff you gotta grind for"?
Come on.

And who is "we" supposed to be?

If you don't want to play Conclave, there's numerous other means of acquiring Forma BPs.
You yourself already named two: "moon pipe organ runs is faster, just doing fissures is faster"

On 7-12-2017 at 10:01 AM, ----Legacy---- said:

*snip*

1)I don't wanna make a fuss about it, just wanna point out that unless it's low enough the majority of the people won't play conclave just for forma.

I'm trying to give constructive critism here, leaving my viewpoint.

Also, why would you put a line through stuff you and I said in this thread?

2)I get that you don't see conclave as a grind, but you're saying it like a grind is a bad thing. I for once enjoy farming primes. You might be enjoying conclave more.

3)I did mean the tempo of earning standing compared to playtime. Not how fast-paced the gamemode is. (just pointing that out) When I play something I like it to be rewarding. Due to ping, que times and such I don't feel that rewarded playing conclave.

I am not confused by anything, sorry if this was hard to interpret.

4) Maybe in your area people are more into conclave, or maybe it's a timezone/playtime thing.

On 7/12/2017 at 5:29 AM, ----Legacy---- said:

Thoughts?

I like the idea, a standing sink different to relics or more copies of conclave mods for those of us who enjoy pvp would be welcome. However:

Lock it behind typhoon (we don't need people staying in RC and ruining it to get access to forma bp's like some do for relics) and make it expensive (around 88K standing, for example) so there is no way to get our hands filled with bps faster than we use them.

I agree with 7K on your prize example being too high; locking the blueprint at tempest rank should be enough to avoid people staying at RC farming for easy forma while ruining the experience of players getting started in pvp.

--------------------------------------------------------------

@ironfirefist

I did mean the tempo of earning standing compared to playtime. Not how fast-paced the gamemode is. (just pointing that out) When I play something I like it to be rewarding. Due to ping, que times and such I don't feel that rewarded playing conclave.

Conclave rewards people for inproving in it, the more kills you get in a match, the higher your standing gain will be.

4) Maybe in your area people are more into conclave, or maybe it's a timezone/playtime thing.

You can change your zone for one of those with more activity if you're having a hard time finding matches on yours. I'm a South American player and have no problem finding matches with a decent ping in NA and sometimes on EU unless I'm trying to play at really odd times (like a monday at 6am, for example)

Edited by Stormdragon

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gandergear said:

Ive never played rc but i dont get the hate players throw at people who want to stay in a gamemode with movement that isnt cancer

I'd politely ask your opinion about that transgender weightlifter who competes with women despite being born as a man and having competed with other men before is currently dominating every female competition and even broke a record.

On 19/12/2017 at 4:09 AM, ----Legacy---- said:

I'd politely ask your opinion about that transgender weightlifter who competes with women despite being born as a man and having competed with other men before is currently dominating every female competition and even broke a record.

Don't want to start a pointless debate here, but the "gender is a social construct" nonsense was pushed by women in the first place, so they are getting what they asked for. That weightlifter is playing by the rules and winning via fair play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2017 at 2:48 PM, Nazrethim said:

Don't want to start a pointless debate here, but the "gender is a social construct" nonsense was pushed by women in the first place, so they are getting what they asked for. That weightlifter is playing by the rules and winning via fair play.

Gender doesn't matter, someone who is born a man has muscles with a higher limits than any woman could get assuming similar training and diet.

On 26/12/2017 at 12:08 PM, (Xbox One)Dusteze said:

im not against this but personally i dont see it making much sence i think a eshin noggle or even game mode glyphs would be a good idea

Didn't think of a teshin noggle, and love the idea. I proposed forma bp simply because it's a really helpful resource with a legendary drop chance in conclave (feel free to check the official drop table for confirmation)

On 6/1/2018 at 3:58 PM, Nazrethim said:

Another idea: Add every single Conclave Arena (be anihilation, cephcap or lunaro) as unlockable Captura Scenes. They are static non-procedurally generated maps anyway.

Sounds good, even tough I'm not a big fan of captura.

I was also thinking of the possibility of letting us buy syndicate tokens or straight up transfer reputation obtained in this neutral syndicate to alleviate the grind of the 6 pve ones. We would still need to do pve to find the sacrofices needed to rank up anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...