The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please nerf or remove Ember already...

Glavenusaur

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Please clarify.  I don't activate WOF with Ember When randomly invited to help in PUGS.

What you do is nice, but you have to be aware that 90% of players will outright ignore your request and do whatever they want. You say invited to help and so on. We talk about that there is no invasion or fissure without at least one ember in it. Beleive me there is a reason why all these post pop up daily about ember wof. And asking them to stop sometimes works but it's rare. My main problem is not even that she's so powerful, but that she is in an incredibly lazy way.

15 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Is Ember's WoF extremely uninteractive, brainless and needs to be looked at? Yes.

Is Ember's WoF Overpowered and needs to be nerfed? No.

If you want to come down on Ember about how effortless and badly designed her ultimate is, I would 100% agree but when you bring up her balance to question thats where you lose me.

Anything at level 30 is powerful even abilities that aren't designed to do a lot of damage still seem op at that level, most weapons will essentially 1 shot level 30 enemies, they just have so little EHP that they die by anything. so saying X is op based on your experience that are just in these levels is unfair.

I wouldn't know that though, if not for the fact that i'm still fairly new, And i'm genuinely not exaggerating when i say she obliterates EVERYTHING to the point where i could just go out for a pint and not have to worry about the match cause of her "sprint to win" ability. it may not be an issue in later levels but it certainly is for new players like me who are still grasping the mechanics of the game only to have that absolute ridiculousness just pop up.

3 часа назад, Void-Gunslinger сказал:

Prepare for the hoard of Ember users that will start to tell how poorly she does in higher levels, how squishy she is and how powerful other frames are (you will hear about Equinox, Mesa, Excalibur will be thrown around the discussion too). You have opened Pandora's box! ^^ Grab a bag of popcorn!

Well, I don't care at all, I still get my affinity and mission rewards :D

2 minutes ago, Haxa6 said:

Well, I don't care at all, I still get my affinity and mission rewards :D

The game hasn't devolved to just a simple loot grind for me as of yet, and i hope it doesn't for a while to come. I'm actually still enjoying the gun play and action and stylish melee combos, of which I clearly seem to be in the minority...

not-that-shit-again-jessica-snsd-meme-gi

Seriously, this complaint is ever only valid on tier 1 and 2 starchart missions at best. Go play higher tier missions.... even tier 3 starchart missions can have enemies survive her WoF on 170%+ power strength + her 2..

Edited by Tsardova

2 hours ago, Glavenusaur said:

I have only been playing the game for a short while

Key Point. Play more and at higher levels. Also if you have issues with what frames other players in a Public match bring then its on you to play with prearranged groups or with friends.

2 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:facepalm: I dont wanna be sound hars but

Reveal hidden contents

42bb8920-d6c6-0130-7748-5ee43895e257.gif

Clearly you dont have much experience with Ember like the rest of us do

My friend is an Ember main MR5 (rip he uses plain ember not prime) and he doesn't keep WoF on at all times. Most of the time i just here gunfire, and sometimes a burst of green coming out of his Warframe. And yet i get more damage dealt than him. Maybe i have stronger weapons, but it's strong weapon no-range vs a horde, and Ember vs horde. Not every Ember is braindead. git gud lol

42 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Lul.  Because a WoF ember in content where she's creating the 'problem' the OP's talking about is just so awesome for unlocking relics.  Do you understand how reactant works?  You kill stuff before it gets corrupted, you get no reactant.

Do you understand this problem has been mostly fixed? I was running a Lith exterminate yesterday with a three-Ember squad who all activated WoF in the very first room. We faramed the same mission for an hour and not even once did we hve the slightest problem to drop enough reactant.

12 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

I wouldn't know that though, if not for the fact that i'm still fairly new, And i'm genuinely not exaggerating when i say she obliterates EVERYTHING to the point where i could just go out for a pint and not have to worry about the match cause of her "sprint to win" ability. it may not be an issue in later levels but it certainly is for new players like me who are still grasping the mechanics of the game only to have that absolute ridiculousness just pop up.

The thing is: even if Ember was removed, high level players will STILL join low level missions and will still get ALL the kills and be top everything on your beloved "board" with other frames. The more progressed players will always have means to trvialize low level missions for everyone else in their squad. I could sprint forward with a max range Nezha and instaclear every room with impale before you even reach it. And if Ember gets removed I will do so. And you will continue qq-ing.

1 час назад, Glavenusaur сказал:

The game hasn't devolved to just a simple loot grind for me as of yet, and i hope it doesn't for a while to come. I'm actually still enjoying the gun play and action and stylish melee combos, of which I clearly seem to be in the minority...

Oh please, don't act like a victim. I do enjoy gunplay and stuff too.

But I encounter these kind of Ember, Banshee etc. players only at Hydron, and I don't go to Hydron for gunplay, I go there to power level my trash guns. You'll understand me when you'll be running it for like 5000th time...

Also it's like someone would ask Vauban to stop controlling hordes of enemies because, you know, "gunplay".

Edited by Haxa6

1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

Key Point. Play more and at higher levels. Also if you have issues with what frames other players in a Public match bring then its on you to play with prearranged groups or with friends.

We should all have a problem with an ability so over powered, even if its just at lower levels. As it genuinely removes the need to "try" at all in the game full stop. 

10 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

In hindsight, you probably should've looked up the strength and weaknesses of the ability objectively before making such a strong opinion on it, personal experience is good but sometimes personal experience just isn't enough.

The new player experience was rough for me but that was a couple of years back, it gets significantly better tho once you get some traction.

3 minutes ago, Haxa6 said:

Oh please, don't act like a victim. I do enjoy gunplay and stuff too.

But I encounter these kind of Ember, Banshee etc. players only at Hydron, and I don't go to Hydron for gunplay, I go there to power level my trash guns. You'll understand me when you'll be running it for like 5000th time...

My earlier comment is not me trying to act like a victim but rather an expression for my "disappointment" Has playing the game become such a chore for people that the only way they have left to enjoy the game is to simply "sprint to win" in front of us who are just starting out? But hey if you enjoy the game with the ability, fine, just please let the rest of us have a chance at actually playing the game before you obliterate everything.

4 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

We should all have a problem with an ability so over powered, even if its just at lower levels. As it genuinely removes the need to "try" at all in the game full stop. 

Hence if you have a problem with how a Frame plays then its on you to avoid playing with that Frame ~ Ember is not the problem, the problem is your reaction to how that Frame does things and its easy to avoid with some prep. But that level of planning is hard when its easier to run to the forums crying nerf. I certainly don't have a problem with Ember, if i end up in a mission with one who is killing all before them i'll stay within 50m of them and loot everything and watch my weapons level up steadily.

Hence if you have a problem with how a Frame plays then its on you to avoid playing with that Frame ~ Ember is not the problem, the problem is your reaction to how that Frame does things and its easy to avoid with some prep. But that level of planning is hard when its easier to run to the forums crying nerf. I certainly don't have a problem with Ember, if i end up in a mission with one who is killing all before them i'll stay within 50m of them and loot everything and watch my weapons level up steadily.

Well there is wierd ppl who actually like to have to work for their achivments instead of leech it of from somebody else. Wierd concept I know.

As i stated to another poster earlier, "The game hasn't devolved to just a simple loot grind for me as of yet, and i hope it doesn't for a while to come." As i surprisingly still enjoy actually playing the game and earning my rewards, instead of scavenging other peoples work, this train of thought genuinely seems like a surprise to a lot of you...

1 minute ago, Nirrel said:

Well there is wierd ppl who actually like to have to work for their achivments instead of leech it of from somebody else. Wierd concept I know.

And that is well and good ~ Don't do that stuff in a PUBLIC Match if its important to you. Recruitment Channel is a Thing so is setting your game to Invite/Friends or Solo only.

I'm dead serious, i cant speak for end game content, as im only an MR8 who just completed saturn, but whenever she comes into a game i just know how it will end, with an ember being at the top of the board by leagues simply because of her "sprint to win" ability.

You will soon hear about Spin 2 Win

Then please, for my sake and beginners like me, avoid entering low level nodes with her equipped in public matches, no one is impressed with her running around the map like its bloody "mirrors edge". and if you want to farm using her, then please, kindly do so in solo, lesser enemies there which means the match will end quicker for you anyway, using her on public low level nodes takes  the enjoyment out of it for more than just myself, even if i would want a match to end quick, i would prefer to have done something instead of just stand and shoot like im "pretending" to help...

I'm going to pop up this brief disclaimer: I'm in no way trying to be toxic, or troll the OP.

That out of the way, my answer to this is No!

Look, what I love about this game is the verity of Frames and styles of play offered to each gamer. Whenever I see someone cry out for a nerf, it translates (at least in my mind) into "this frame is too unique, and I'm uncomfortable with it, so please get rid of it." It's attitudes like these that stifles creativity and gives us another run of the mill game play experience.

One of the first frames I brought was Ember. And yes, I ran with the World on Fire ability on, which cleared out trash mobs. When playing with a team, the point is to contribute towards a common goal, which Ember does. Getting rid of her, or nerfing her in more than nonsensical 

The second point I want to make is this: 

I hate it  when a player feels so entitled that they think they can dictate what frames other players she be playing, and demanding for them to play this game a certain way. This game is design in such a way that allows for each player to either join a public match with random players, select a group of players from their friends list or clan, or play solo. If you don't like playing in a group with an Ember, either find a few friends or clan mates and roll with them, or hop in a solo game. Don't come onto the forums and demand DE remove a warframe or nerf it, just because you have a personal problem with it. It's not fair for the other gamers here.

I for one get annoyed with Limbo, when a player shuts me down every time they pop their rift ability. It hampers the contribution for the rest of the team, and it seems that Limbo is played by people who aren't skilled at playing Limbo. That being said, I wouldn't come onto the forums to demand that people stop playing Limbo, or that DE remove Limbo altogether.

OP, there are options for you if you dislike playing with players using Ember. I suggest you utilize these options. 

2 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

As i stated to another poster earlier, "The game hasn't devolved to just a simple loot grind for me as of yet, and i hope it doesn't for a while to come." As i surprisingly still enjoy actually playing the game and earning my rewards, instead of scavenging other peoples work, this train of thought genuinely seems like a surprise to a lot of you...

Then play and Enjoy it. Don't come running to the forums crying Nerf for a frame you have found to detrimental to your playing of the game when there are other ways to deal with it. The Frame doesn't need a Nerf, you just need to Play better/smarter

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Valfrekr said:

I'm going to pop up this brief disclaimer: I'm in no way trying to be toxic, or troll the OP.

That out of the way, my answer to this is No!

Look, what I love about this game is the verity of Frames and styles of play offered to each gamer. Whenever I see someone cry out for a nerf, it translates (at least in my mind) into "this frame is too unique, and I'm uncomfortable with it, so please get rid of it." It's attitudes like these that stifles creativity and gives us another run of the mill game play experience.

One of the first frames I brought was Ember. And yes, I ran with the World on Fire ability on, which cleared out trash mobs. When playing with a team, the point is to contribute towards a common goal, which Ember does. Getting rid of her, or nerfing her in more than nonsensical 

The second point I want to make is this: 

I hate it  when a player feels so entitled that they think they can dictate what frames other players she be playing, and demanding for them to play this game a certain way. This game is design in such a way that allows for each player to either join a public match with random players, select a group of players from their friends list or clan, or play solo. If you don't like playing in a group with an Ember, either find a few friends or clan mates and roll with them, or hop in a solo game. Don't come onto the forums and demand DE remove a warframe or nerf it, just because you have a personal problem with it. It's not fair for the other gamers here.

I for one get annoyed with Limbo, when a player shuts me down every time they pop their rift ability. It hampers the contribution for the rest of the team, and it seems that Limbo is played by people who aren't skilled at playing Limbo. That being said, I wouldn't come onto the forums to demand that people stop playing Limbo, or that DE remove Limbo altogether.

OP, there are options for you if you dislike playing with players using Ember. I suggest you utilize these options. 

Don't straw-man me please, not once have i ever "demanded" for anyone to not use ember, i'm simply asking if they would be polite enough in the situations i have mentioned earlier. The last thing i want to do is offend some one or come off as aggressive, but if its ok, i would like my words to not be twisted if its all the same to you.

16 minutes ago, Nirrel said:

Well, they could simply hop into a solo match. No leeching, no quick kills, plenty of challenge. There are options for players who have issues like these. qqing on the forums shouldn't be one of them.

7 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Then play and Enjoy it. Don't come running to the forums crying Nerf for a frame you have found to detrimental to your playing of the game when there are other ways to deal with it. The Frame doesn't need a Nerf, you just need to Play better/smarter

Once i have figured out a way to play "better" with an ability that literally wipes of everything in map without a chance, i will, until i have found that way, i will continue to voice my grievances as i see fit. and these responses only makes it clearer in mind as to how much ember needs a nerf or better yet a complete rework. as all your arguments have simply devolved to complaining simply for the fact that i'm complaining.

8 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

Don't straw-man me please, not once have i ever "demanded" for anyone to not use ember, i'm simply asking if they would be polite enough in the situations i have mentioned earlier.

1 hour ago, Glavenusaur said:

As for her getting removed, i'm sorry but I stick by that point, [...]

well... you don't make sense.