The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please nerf or remove Ember already...

Glavenusaur

4 hours ago, Neptlude said:

Thats the worst advice ever. Ember players should be the one soloing mission since they can solo most mission in star chart already....

Dont remove her or nerf her, just rework her.

Yes your right but if the “most” use ember and play on public why they should change to solo while u can tell the guy that have problem with it to change to solo ? 

Oh yes. 'Remove this Warframe because it makes me feel like I'm not doing anything' is excellent criticism. Really gives people something to work on.

You aren't criticising, you're throwing a fit, and that's the problem. You never once provided any material for discussion, or suggestions for balance. Just an endless stream of 'Nerf or remove because I don't want an Ember in a public lobby'. If anyone here is 'throwing sh*t' it's you and your 'Sure, ruin the entire game for me why won't you'.

The moment Limbo's rework came out, I knew he needed a desperate nerf. He could clap his hands and literally everything would die. He'd be refunded a large portion of the spent energy due to his passive. That was never by any means balanced.

But you're arguing that Ember should be nerfed because Mid/Endgame players are bring in her into low level missions and cleaning up. Low to mid-game is the only area she can excel, because as many have pointed out, her damage falls off at higher levels. The drain outpaces the output. She's 'balanced' because she can mass-kill weak enemies, but only slightly injure stronger enemies.

Almost every endgamer has some kind of Ability or Weapon that will trivialise low-level missions. If not Ember, then an Ignis, or an Equinox, or an Octavia, or a Soma Prime. The only reason you're complaining about Ember specifically is because she makes you feel outmatched.

And yes, there is a solution to that. Not-having an Ember in your team because you either played solo, or in a team of your choice so that nobody picks anything you have a problem with. 

My idea of fun is tagging an ally with a bunch of Talons and having them run into a crowd of enemies so I can detonate them for a bomb-carrier strat, but that doesn't mean I throw a fit when people don't cooperate.

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Ember is not the problem and does not need to be removed from the game. Enemy scaling is the major problem at hand, which is why we, the players, choose Warframes that are able to cheese missions. Simple as that, enemy scaling is a huge issue.

Agreed.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

OP just doesn’t understand I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most people don't. It is hard to see past the immediate "I'm not having fun" knee jerk reaction and to see beyond that.

Ember is a good nuke warframe for lower levels and fun CC for higher levels.  Her augments and kit lend to teamwork, the downside is so many people just use her for the easy kills of WoF.

Personally, take the time to make your own team instead of demanding the removal of an entire warframe.  It's awfully immature and petty.

12 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Ember is not the problem and does not need to be removed from the game. Enemy scaling is the major problem at hand, which is why we, the players, choose Warframes that are able to cheese missions. Simple as that, enemy scaling is a huge issue.

latest?cb=20151127174034

Btw you are being either dishonest or iluded, because Ember is problematic at the levels in which enemy scaling is very much not a problem. 

Edited by tnccs215

3 minutes ago, Psycho-002 said:

Oh yes. 'Remove this Warframe because it makes me feel like I'm not doing anything' is excellent criticism. Really gives people something to work on.

You aren't criticising, you're throwing a fit, and that's the problem. You never once provided any material for discussion, or suggestions for balance. Just an endless stream of 'Nerf or remove because I don't want an Ember in a public lobby'. If anyone here is 'throwing sh*t' it's you and your 'Sure, ruin the entire game for me why won't you'.

The moment Limbo's rework came out, I knew he needed a desperate nerf. He could clap his hands and literally everything would die. He'd be refunded a large portion of the spent energy due to his passive. That was never by any means balanced.

But you're arguing that Ember should be nerfed because Mid/Endgame players are bring in her into low level missions and cleaning up. Low to mid-game is the only area she can excel, because as many have pointed out, her damage falls off at higher levels. The drain outpaces the output. She's 'balanced' because she can mass-kill weak enemies, but only slightly injure stronger enemies.

Almost every endgamer has some kind of Ability or Weapon that will trivialise low-level missions. If not Ember, then an Ignis, or an Equinox, or an Octavia, or a Soma Prime. The only reason you're complaining about Ember specifically is because she makes you feel outmatched.

And yes, there is a solution to that. Not-having an Ember in your team because you either played solo, or in a team of your choice so that nobody picks anything you have a problem with. 

My idea of fun is tagging an ally with a bunch of Talons and having them run into a crowd of enemies so I can detonate them for a bomb-carrier strat, but that doesn't mean I throw a fit when people don't cooperate.

Dude... take a break and relax... your gonna hurt yourself at this rate, try to remember that at the end of the day this is still a game and will only ever be a game.

Yeah i have a problem with ember in the game as she does make me and my friends along with people here in this very thread feel useless especially at my level of play as a beginner, but even you can agree the only "advise" being sent my way is "if you dont like it go play with yourself..." or "use recruitment chat" or "join a clan" basically suuming it up to not play "publicly" thats hardly persuasive though dude.. 

No need to take it so seriously bro, most of us here are keeping it civi,l some people are really even giving good possible fixes that i would be happy with, and your more than welcome to disagree but at the end of the day lets keep our "attitudes" out of it. Im really not that bad of a guy, im sure you arent either bro, peace.

6 hours ago, Glavenusaur said:

I have only been playing the game for a short while..

Well there's your problem. I wonder if this is how other nerfs began.

Low level starchart missions can be soloed by 1 geared up player with ease while the others watch. Either play more waves to get to the stronger enemies or play on harder missions.

Almost every frame can clear a room on low levels so you can't change that.

7 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

Dude... take a break and relax... your gonna hurt yourself at this rate, try to remember that at the end of the day this is still a game and will only ever be a game.

Yeah i have a problem with ember in the game as she does make me and my friends along with people here in this very thread feel useless especially at my level of play as a beginner, but even you can agree the only "advise" being sent my way is "if you dont like it go play with yourself..." or "use recruitment chat" or "join a clan" basically suuming it up to not play "publicly" thats hardly persuasive though dude.. 

No need to take it so seriously bro, most of us here are keeping it civi,l some people are really even giving good possible fixes that i would be happy with, and your more than welcome to disagree but at the end of the day lets keep our "attitudes" out of it. Im really not that bad of a guy, im sure you arent either bro, peace.

I think you'll find 'Please nerf or remove Ember from the game already' is hardly a persuasive point either. The point of telling you to either play solo or in a custom lobby is because you're going to have a problem with a public one not going the way you wanted it to go.

How do you make it go the way you want it to go? In a solo or friends only party. Not liking it doesn't invalidate valid advice. I play Solo all the time if I want something done specifically my way.

To be entirely frank, you're the last person in this thread who should be complaining about the attitude of others, considering.

13 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I'm not advocating remove ember from the game, but undoubtedly she needs to be looked at. The problem what this thread discuss is up to level30/40. What kind of enemy scaling are we talking about on those levels to justify that she can just push a button once than bulletjump through the mission without doing anything else while everything dies, leaving behind a couple of mobs for their teammates. It's just the most ridicoluosly lazy ability I've ever seen. An abilty that start to fall off on higher levels and becomes fun only if you use her augment where enemy scaling does become a problem. Perhaps a bit of balancing and reworking on the ability wouln't be such a bad idea. I stopped playing ember because even I got bored of it let alone ppl who was running behind me. I don't care for it to be powerful but make ppl work for their kills at least a little bit.

Hey All,

I am going to lock up this thread as many participants have failed to main respectful, have resorted to the same cyclical arguments and have peppered profanity throughout their posts. This defies out guidelines and I don't feel there is anything more that can be said on the topic here. Friendly reminder for all involved to please review the community guidelines, https://forums.warframe.com/guidelines/.

[DE]Aidan