Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One & PS4 Plains Crash Progress + Extending “Operation: Plague Star” on Console

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Due to a crash when transitioning into the Plains from Cetus at the launch of Operation: Plague Star on both Xbox One and PS4, we will be extending the Operation to Monday, December 18th at 2 p.m. ET.

Glad you guys finally extended it, now my clan has a chance to get the gold trophy.

Im grateful for all of everyones hard work for our continued enjoyment but im not sure if this a common incident or a pandemic but i keep recieving the same mod from the reward pool for the bounties. If there is anything that could be done i would be very grateful. Thank you DE for you hard work and an amazing game.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Due to a crash when transitioning into the Plains from Cetus at the launch of Operation: Plague Star on both Xbox One and PS4, we will be extending the Operation to Monday, December 18th at 2 p.m. ET.

We realize this has greatly impacted your ability to play and participate in “Operation: Plague Star” on Xbox One and PS4. Days of earning Standing for Operational Supply Rewards and Hemocyte Cystoliths for Clan Trophies were at stake for many of you who couldn’t enter the Plains without crashing.  

We have made a couple temporary, but hopeful fixes since then to help reduce the high crash frequency on Xbox One. These fixes were also executed on PS4, as similar issues existed but at a much lower rate.Those fixes, and what resulted from them, allowed us to make serious headway late last night on what was discovered to be a memory allocator bug affecting both consoles. As a result, we will be publishing an update on Xbox One today roughly around 1 p.m. ET that will reduce 1.8 GB of memory and address previous issues with Texture Streaming. PS4 will receive a similar fix in a later update, that will address 200 MB of memory. We’re hopeful that this will knock down another pin in our investigations. We are still working on solving the crash as whole, but for the time being this should greatly decrease its prevalence on Xbox One when transitioning into the Plains.

1:01 PM ET edit: The update on Xbox is live! 

Recap of Crashes since Update 22.3.5: 

When Update 22.3.5 went live on console November 29th, we received reports of a crash on Xbox One that occurred when attempting to enter the Plains from Cetus. This prompted an ongoing investigation that peaked when “Operation: Plague Star” went live on console Friday, December 1st. The crash became rampant predominantly on Xbox One and made transitioning into the Plains nearly impossible for some.

Prior to the Operation we posted an Xbox One focused status thread so that we could reach out for your assistance to help reproduce the crash, while also keeping you informed on our progress. As we continued to dig further into the cause, a couple suggestions were made in the early stages of our investigation for players to test. We received some positive results, but overall the crash seemed to persist. 

After the Operation went live we executed a couple fixes while keeping in mind there was still work to be done, and the chances of crashing was still a possibility. First, we lowered the player capacity in Cetus instances, and followed up with a similar change in a later released hotfix. We received mixed reports afterward, as some of you were able to transition into the Plains several times without crashing, while others were not so lucky. However, it was progress! And we had the momentum we needed to get this crash under control.

We hope that with the changes we’ve made to date, and with the upcoming fixes you can finally get to enjoy the Operation! This has proved and is proving to be a tough nut to crack, so we’re extremely grateful for your patience. We apologize for the frustration this caused. 

Now go out there and burst Vay Hek’s boil, err, bubble!

thanks for extending the event i appreciate you and the devs decision 

Never had the "rampant" crash issue happen to me at all. Operation has been smooth. But the extension will be nice to farm more standing.  However still no fix for

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/887531-excalibur-sprint/

Its not just Excalibur. Others report Wukong, Valkyr, possibly others affected as well. Feels hindering when it was never this was for the longest time. Especially for Excalibur post nerf. I need the speed to close distance faster.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)N7 Tigger said:

Credit where credit's due. You didn't have to extend the operation. Thanks.

Compare and contrast this treatment to a silly walk emote halting a couple weeks of Trials play with a content starved game only weeks old.

Yeah, not gonna miss that.

In all honesty, I was looking forward to the event ending. It was preferable to suffering the frustration of constantly getting client cache errors and losing both my progress AND all the resources I'd spent on upping the bounty.

Hopefully the hotfixes and future patches will amend the crash frequency; but for now, I'm absolutely fed up with the Plains. That said, I'm grateful that DE has attacked this problem with all due seriousness and have even offered amends to the communities that were affected by the constant crashes.

The Plains may have lost all their magic over me, but DE still has my good faith.

Keep up the good work, and I'll happily continue supporting it through Prime Accessory purchases.

Dear DE -Removed Name- and i -Removed Name- were going to trade his volt set for my venka set and 91plat and he have given me a mod for the venka set the trade closed and he ran off with out the second half of the trade and stoll my venka set this was in the ps4 maroos bazar server 7 please help 

Archived