Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.6.0 + Hotfix 22.6.0.1

[DE]Danielle

On 12/7/2017 at 3:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Gara is still relatively new as far as Warframes are concerned but since her release, we’ve found (and many players have found) that an invulnerable and almost impenetrable barrier doesn’t allow for a very engaging gameplay experience. We know that other Warframes also have Powers with similar issues, but adding a shattering component to Mass Vitrify is a change we could easily implement that is consistent with Gara’s glass theme while also making Mass Vitrify more interactive. 

With these new changes, we can tweak the absorption and explosion values as necessary to make sure Mass Vitrify is both fun and effective. Please keep your feedback constructive and let us know what you think after you’ve had a chance to test these new changes

I agree. Gara was a bit OP and I think the changes are a good step toward balance. Having said that, I have a question:

Was Mass Vitrify (4) supposed to refresh Splinter Storm (2) or was that an unintended feature?
Either way, I definitely liked it and would like to see it return. It was a great way to keep my Kavat and weaker and/or squishier allies safe without having to chase them down.
Anyone else?

Why was Mass Vitrify changed to be more like a Frost Bubble with health in the first place at all?

I'm not sure why this was the solution, but a simple number tweak doesn't seem like a sufficient fix to me. It does need a big boost in it's multipliers but even then the ability has to have some functions changed. The most helpful potential changes for keeping this health based iteration while having a unique mechanics from Frost that I can think of:
1) Rotation, the outer barrier of Mass Vitrify rotates clockwise to prevent enemies from easily focusing damage on a single section of glass.
2a) Smaller sections of glass, splitting vertically probably won't do much since enemies shoot targets very consistently and precisely and because the rotation isn't helping reduce section damage without adding a second section rotation vertically. So thinner horizontal sections is a simpler solution.
2b) Alternatively/or in addition to smaller sections is an (or multiple) inner layer(s) that rotate counter clockwise. This would be the most interesting way to change the ability since the wall would have a enemy filtering effect where enemies would enter at different paces depending on size and movement patterns. Keeping a unique feeling from Frosts 3.
3) Potential repairing sections with her 3rd as the mirrors break, this one is interesting since it pushes players to jump in and out of the wall to keep Spectorage being damaged and breaking (since it wouldn't take enough damage in the wall). 

This would be if they plan to keep the ability as a health based wall. The other notable issue is the scaling off of amour & Power Strength. Doesn't seem to be nice stats for Gara to try to balance around. But given the above changes it could work I think.

The warframe approach system is an element that gives versatility to each of the warframes and the gameplay of the game directly. however, the truth is that it has never reached its true potential. an example of this is the inequality in the schools of focus where everyone looks for Zenurik or Naramon and schools are relegated as Unairu. the truth is somewhat disappointing the development of these and I hope that they equal the importance of each of the schools for the game. in the case of unairu it could be arranged with buffs for the whole team (all the buffs) among other schools. I give this example because it is the most disappointing being that if you planned to provide a roll to each school in the case of uniru all teams should almost need that obligation the paladin unairu represents.

Archived